The Tulpa Experiment

gadget

Hi guys, here is a simple experiment I'd like to share with you. It won't take you more than 3 minutes.

Our ears are very selective we cannot hold two conversations at the same time... But what happens if we have a tulpa to help us.

The Concentration experiment.

Ask 2 different friends to tell you a little story at the same time. Ask them to include some relevant data like years, colors,

numbers or even names. Kindly ask you tulpa to pay attention to one of your friends story while you pay attention to the other

one.

Let each of your friends ask you 3 questions about the story he or she just told to you. Answers the questions

to the story you were paying attention to and ask your tulpa to answer the questions to the story he was listening to.

How did it go? How many correct answers of how many questions did you have? And your tulpa?

Please post answers here so we can compare.

Interesting idea. It's a parallel processing experiment. Lots of people have trouble with parallel processing, but I think we have a few people who are very good at it.

I can't do this myself, because I'm trying to keep Fenchurch a secret from the people in my life. But I can tell you, even if I did it, we wouldn't do very well. We've never done exceptionally well at that ball game parallel processing test, so I think we need to work on it a lot more.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Someone who wanted to do this kind of test could still do it without their friends knowing about the tulpa's involvement -- they could just tell their friends they were testing their own attention capabilities, and they could talk to their tulpa with mindvoice about what was going on. The friend telling the tulpa a story wouldn't have to know that was what they were doing -- they'd think they were telling you, but you and your tulpa would know otherwise.

Ball game: Tulpa Parallel Processing Tests v1.0

Last time I played that it was an absolute trainwreck and confirmed we have zero parallel processing ability, and that with practice we could in fact do even worse. So I respectfully decline to participate in this experiment, lest my ego collapse in on itself.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Being a pianist for nearly 6 years has left me with exceptional parallel processing skills. I'll give this experiment a try when I actually have friends to try it with.

"Sanity is the playground of the unimaginative."

Yumi + Cinema