STeeK

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Something simple for now.

Experimenting with more cartoonished style, seems comfy but needs more work eventually

ADIPRvMm.png

Ignore the "click bait" thing

I'm about to reach sweet summer vacations so in the next 2-3 mounths I will make sure that no one is going to steal my hegemony in this wasteland. At least in v-views.

Also, I'm thinking about opening an ask thread somewhere next year with draw responses of course, something new here. Also with the plus of the asker's tupper participation in those draws (with the previous consent of the host obviously), nothing fancy like in this thread anyway. Something like tumblr users do, but without tumblr.

@AracnidsGrip/Rick Thanks!

I will make sure that no one is going to steal my hegemony in this wasteland. At least in v-views.

Hahaha. You make me laugh. Your time is short, soon my derailathon will be the most viewed thread in all of tulpa Art! MWAHAHAHA.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

You're digging that method of eye work a lot, I see. I know it's fun to play with a new tool like that (As my recent output reveals), but I'd say to make sure to not go overboard with it. The eyes, though attention grabbing, look pretty blurry, and you're right in your last post when saying that they don't look right on simpler sketches. I do think there may well be a place for them, but mainly on a more complete drawing, rather than the sketches that have been shown thus far.

Peace.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit, it's happening again with the hair this time

Mayor improviment in coloring hair!

Just look at that sweet shinny effect

9OsD8S3l.png

A line is totally out out of place there, welp. Is almost invisible in full size.

Details

[hidden]

Introducing Thematic Lighting (I just made up this name)

Because just white light is not enough, light with another colour is really interesting to see. I get the idea of trying it after seeing so much art with it and then with a little imagination I was able to emulate it pretty well.

Also, this time I exaggerated some features and minimise others in order to do another cartoonished stile, this time grouping some features from a couples of images of other artist.

The result pleased us greatly.

Why she is grumpy?

Almost every image I made she is smiling with like.. the same expression, and that needs to change

lTfIJI3.gif

(click to see a bigger version of it)

So, the effect consist in doing 2 different layer just for light; white and colour. Paint Tool sai has a cool feature to control bright, but work ins the entire layer, that's why white and colour needs to be separated. Then with tons of blurred big lines you can do the magic

This time I choose red and orange to simulate fire light. Why fire? Cause red looks good in Rose's colour scheme and orange looks good with red. And it gives you the idea of something warm and cuddleable.

One mayor issue with all of this is that you need to be really organize in which layer you are using in the moment. If you don't pay attention I any given moment you can mess up a lot of progress. That didn't happen to me, of course.

[/hidden]

More... ehh... things.

GLy4rC3m.png

UwXBPwvm.png

Those are in progress

Hahaha. You make me laugh. Your time is short, soon my derailathon will be the most viewed thread in all of tulpa Art! MWAHAHAHA.

You will eventually run out of ideas. You probably already know this first hand already. It's just matter of time huehuehue.

You're digging that method of eye work a lot, I see. I know it's fun to play with a new tool like that (As my recent output reveals), but I'd say to make sure to not go overboard with it. The eyes, though attention grabbing, look pretty blurry, and you're right in your last post when saying that they don't look right on simpler sketches. I do think there may well be a place for them, but mainly on a more complete drawing, rather than the sketches that have been shown thus far.

Peace.

The sketches I usually make are the finish and puled line work, so what's left is eventually just the colours. I get used to make the eyes completely in illustrator cause they are a really pain to do in any other program. And since I made those with a couple of cut masks, those eyes are fully functional (You can move the irises and the rest of it is there, so the expressions and direction of the sigh is a couple of clicks ahead in every draw). So in order to dodge the problem with the over produced eyes in simple sketches is make a downgrade version of them to be replace for the final later. I was thinking about doing them soon.

EDIT: A minor correction in of a displaced shade that was only visible with a transparent thumbnail

You will eventually run out of ideas. You probably already know this first hand already. It's just matter of time huehuehue.

If you truly think that.... You haven't noticed I can make a comic about any drama as long as I know about it... also I'm probably gonna get a few pieces of Brassow art as birthday gifts from other members now that they have the files to make them!

But the glossy effects are pretty good too. Keep up the good work!

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

I was very pleasantly surprised to see that drawing in the thread when I checked it, I'm digging it quite a bit. You got a good amount of personality in to it, and of course the image being all nice and polished helps a lot with things. The eyes really do look much nicer on here with the rest of the rendering.

I'm assuming you did most of the coloring int Sai, yes? At first I thought you used a gradient for the secondary shade on Rose's body, but taking a closer look this is not the case. In addition, her mane and tail look to be pen strokes.

I like, keep up the good work!

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

JxMcl4gm.png<-- Who is this pkm?

I was very pleasantly surprised to see that drawing in the thread when I checked it, I'm digging it quite a bit. You got a good amount of personality in to it, and of course the image being all nice and polished helps a lot with things. The eyes really do look much nicer on here with the rest of the rendering.

I'm assuming you did most of the colouring int Sai, yes? At first I thought you used a gradient for the secondary shade on Rose's body, but taking a closer look this is not the case. In addition, her mane and tail look to be pen strokes.

I like, keep up the good work!

Yep. Aside for the eyes, every colour is made in Sai. The shade is made with the same configuration of the highlight in her mane/tail, a carefully tweaked brush tool, designed to be defined in thin lines and blurry with more pressure. A ton of dilution, density and no minimum size.

Why no pen tool? Less options. Also I like that tool for the strong lines, not really for colouring variations of the same colour.

HmRCwPm.png

I didn't find the option to change the program back to English without reinstall it, so Spanish is it. Follow the order, if you don't understand.

R1oegq8.png

For the light effect I used this one, if you try it be sure to use the brightness mode, in the layer option. Changing the opacity of the layer helps a lot finding the right amount of light, so all of this needs to be in a different layer to avoid messing with other objects.