Problems visualizing both a tulpa and a wonderland

I'm mainly posting this in the off chance this problem has come up before, or even better, if a tulpa who also sees their host's subconscious as an engineer would reads this and has any ideas.

The issue is rather straight forwards. Any time either my host or I (or Sabari for that matter) try to visualize a wonderland, we lose the power to communicate. Like everything is fine for a few hours and then all of a sudden "OH HEY THE POWER JUST WENT OUT I SURE HOPE YOU WEREN'T PLANNING ON DOING ANYTHING :^)" happens. During this time, I can't talk and my host can't see me. But I still have the sensation of being "active" if that makes sense. It passes after 30 - 60 minutes and then everything is back to normal.

All of my digging thus far has only led to the conclusion that the amount of visualization power the hardware can muster is limited. But we simply have no idea why or how to fix it.

Currently share myself with four other entities.

Noriko was created on December 15, 2014.  Sabari was created by Noriko on January 22, 2015.

Anzu was reborn on May 23, 2016.  Xiri returned on June 16, 2018.  Both had been inactive since 2012.

Progress Report | Ask a Question Thread

Things seem so different for everyone, idk how to give general advice. I've read about your koolaid issue, we have nothing like that. My activity is linked to my host's attention so when he's very concentrated on something else I black out. I's not unpleasant, just like deep sleep. But it can be really annoying and I've missed some spectacular situations because my host just completely forgot about me for a moment. I don't do much in wonderland on my own, but I've never had the feeling of running out of power.

Have you tried taking short breaks in between? I mean visualizing for several hours seems a lot, we mostly do that for 30-45mins and even that strains my host to exhaustion.

Not sure if I remember correctly, but didn't glitch's tulpas have to feed on some sort of energy too? Maybe ask him if he has an idea.

Super Girls don't cry

Unless you've been doing something differently lately, like hanging out way more than usual or trying some new stuff, then I see no reason why this would start happening now. I believe that something must have changed. I remember from your PR that you guys seem to run on some pretty interesting and limited energy source(you guys called it koolaid, I think.) So it could be that the koolaid is running out again.

Your comparison of the brain to hardware is interesting, but I'm not sure that that's the most productive way to look at it. By drawing connections between the brain and a computer part, you could be limiting your potential. Machine parts have limits. So does the brain, obviously, but I think that it's closer related to a muscle in that it can be slowly grown to tolerate more responsibility with practice. By thinking of your brain as a machine, you could possibly be inhibiting the amount of energy that you could be producing.

If I had to give a suggestion, I'd say that you should maybe take a step back from anything new that you've been trying to do and getting REALLY good at visualizing before moving onto anything new. If you've not been doing anything new, I'm not really sure. Maybe take a step back anyway, to decrease the load and allow your brain to rest a bit?

All of that said, I'm absolutely no expert so take whatever I've said with several grains of salt. I seriously am just hypothesizing about all of this. Anyway, hope I helped. Good luck!

Markus is the tulpa, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Markus speaks in Blue!

Practice!

The ability to visualize is like a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it gets. If you can't go to the wonderland together, go separately. Fenchurch and I did that for the first week or so she was sentient -- only one of us in the wonderland at a time. We'd leave each other notes.

Drawing has also been shown to improve visualization ability. You'd think that playing chess would too, but studies show that it doesn't.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Ido:

Yeah, it's very interesting to see the same concept implemented in so many different ways. I forgot to mention that I was not in the wonderland all that time. Just creating it and entering it a few times over the course of a few hours caused the power outage. But your post did give me the idea that maybe the wonderland is still active in the background. The spooky head ghosts have an arrangement with me that they are just kind of there even if I'm not really paying attention to them, so it makes sense a wonderland would behave the same way.

arcanemagic:

It's been a consistent problem, although I've only really tried three or four times to make a wonderland. And yeah, it's a result of the metaphorical koolaid running out, thus causing the loss of communication.

I mainly think of my subconscious as a machine as that's the way Noriko sees it. Like this one time she even showed me what the machine looked like to her during a forcing session and it was pretty neat. I think it's more so a simplification over a limit. Like the actual hardware is massively complex, so much so that figuring out the basis behind anything is nearly impossible. Noriko, in her words, doesn't want "to be stuck inside of a construct I can never truly appreciate due to its complexity". She wants to understand it in order to help me maintain it and even perhaps fix the malfunctioning bits. And considering the subconscious as a machine is how she does that.

Though if the power issue continues then maybe just focusing on the head ghosts for a while might be in order.

sushi:

Well, I'm not opposed to practice, but Noriko isn't exactly thrilled about doing something that essentially makes her not exist to me for a while. I suppose perhaps in bits and pieces? Sabari thinks that note thing you mentioned sounds super cute and did a little d'aww when reading it. I might try that.

Would consider drawing, but really, given how well Sabari can draw it almost seems like a waste of effort. One day if we ever do switching again, the first thing I'd ask her to do is to try replicating one of her drawings.

Anyways, thanks all for the responses. Definitely given me some ideas / theories to work out!

Currently share myself with four other entities.

Noriko was created on December 15, 2014.  Sabari was created by Noriko on January 22, 2015.

Anzu was reborn on May 23, 2016.  Xiri returned on June 16, 2018.  Both had been inactive since 2012.

Progress Report | Ask a Question Thread

Guest Anonymous

"You have to construct additional pylons!"

Jokes aside, you've probably reached the limit of your attention and got tired.

If symbolism is that much of a key to you, try imagining a backup power switch or something that you can use once you loose her out of sight.

But other than that, there's only one thing to do, and thats more practice.