Mafia I: Catching Kira

sushi

MLP is definitely a more popular show when it comes to the Tulpa community. Homestuck would definitely be interesting if you came up with a good backstory for it.

I'm guessing the MLP theme would include the Kiras being replaced by Changelings. The homestuck theme would have to be a bit more complex, since homestuck itself is complex. Another good theme I can think of is Pokémon, where the kira would probably be a Ditto, Mew, or Zoroark/Zorua.

I think simplifying the rules, and adding more story to the introductory post might also bring in more players.

Join Mafia II: Ponyville in Danger, the forum game of intrigue and deduction!

To make your dreams a reality, you must first understand the difference.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mews are sweet, they wouldn't kill people...

The backstory could be that the townsfolk are innocent people, and the mafia those infected with awful succubuses called "tulpas".

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

I'm guessing the MLP theme would include the Kiras being replaced by Changelings.

Exactly what I was thinking.

The homestuck theme would have to be a bit more complex, since homestuck itself is complex.

Definitely true.

Another good theme I can think of is Pokémon, where the kira would probably be a Ditto, Mew, or Zoroark/Zorua.

Pokémon is a good idea, though I can't quite piece together how it would work.

I think simplifying the rules, and adding more story to the introductory post might also bring in more players.

The backstory could be that the townsfolk are innocent people, and the mafia those infected with awful succubuses called "tulpas".

Haha! It fits the community, but we do spend a good bit of our time trying to convince people that tulpas don't cause people to commit murder. :)

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Haha! It fits the community, but we do spend a good bit of our time trying to convince people that tulpas don't cause people to commit murder. :)

Who said they had to commit murder? The key word Yuki used was "succubus".

That's definitely true. I've been writing up a story for the MLP version of Mafia, and there's no murder involved. So it could easily be the same for the tulpa version of Mafia.

Hey, I was unable to connect to the site for the past few days. Inform me of what happened in the last game please.

EDIT: I had a good laugh reading my "execution"

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Hey, I was unable to connect to the site for the past few days. Inform me of what happened in the last game please.

EDIT: I had a good laugh reading my "execution"

I was going to avenge you. But Sushi took that chance away from me.

Now we wait for the almighty Sushi to announce the next game. Is it going to be a new thread? Also, what was used to pick the roles?

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

I was mostly waiting for the problem people had connecting to the forums to be fixed. Since you're back, I assume it is. I can post the thread now.

I used a random number generator from google to pick the roles. Much as I like the idea of using jean-luc's avatar, it's a bit harder to assign values to the faces.