Tulpe and addiction

What affect does it have on tulpas? Would the tulpa show signs of the addiction that a host has? Also would the effect if any be different if the host acquired the addiction before or after tulpa was created? The addictions im most curious about regarding the affect it has on tulpas are alcohol, marijuana, and other mental addictions such as food or video game addiction. Information on other addictions and how they affect tulpas would interest me as well.

Also im talking about true addictions that have negative affects on ones life which can harm their health, finances, relationships, and careers.

<<< http://community.tulpa.info/thread-mjolnir >>>

Mjolnir

Birth/Creation: Febuary 4th 2013

Astora

Birth/Creation: April 4th 2014

Nueva

Birth/Creation: May 1st 2015

I never had a real addiction to a substance but i take some psychedelics and downer sometimes. My tulpa is fine with my consuming but that would change if im would start to get addicted. Basicly she would help me to get out. Of course they would affect your tulpa negative. Beeing addicted to alcohol or uppers for example will usually end in the destruction of your body and cannabis can result in mental illness or aggresives behave during withdrawal and so on.

I think most tulpa will do everything they can to help you get out if you also want to. Stuff like TV, food or video games depends on your personality and how much you have a problem with it (or how you think it is a problem) becuse you rarely will see consequences in short intervals.

For the tulpa itself i dont think they will have signs of the addiction intetinally but it does affect your mental state and of course the mental state of your tulpa.

Lacie(my tulpa for my everydaylife and also my best friend)

Noah together with Lynn are my spirituell tulpa´s im using for meditation

Darcmanish Me

Lacie´s and my progress report.

Three years ago I was addicted to soda and candy, my tulpa was never affected, when I finally lost that addiction I gained a new one for food instead, I'm still fighting this addiction everyday and he's helping me alot but he still isn't affected.

**Proud to be a drug free thoughtform!**

• 2 months later...

I am in recovery and eve supports me fully. I was a pretty severe alcoholic and benzo addict, was in rehab 6 months. She does not have cravings when I do, and even tries to help me find ways to cope when I am in crisis. She dosent really care for excess caffeine even. So I would say eve does NOT share my tendencies.

I would say that when I've seen this question in the past the majority has said no, they do not share the addiction, and I suppose if you analyse the typical tulpa relationship in regard to the cause of addiction and it's not suprising - many a tulpa appears to be mostly unaware of the bodies needs, like hunger for example. Of course some do understand it, but many don't get that feeling cross-over so to speak. Addiction is the body genuinely believing it requires a chemical or somesuch to restore an equilibrium (often an equilibrium that was initially disrupted by taking the drug), as such you are driven to attain more. Be this equilibrium based in endorphins or other chemical compounds- therefore the feeling of addiction is a biological 'need this' response, for one reason or another ( of course mental addiction factors in, but I think this probably just adds an identity to the base substance craving that your body is demanding in many cases). If a tulpa is normally unaware of those cravings in everyday life it stands to reason that substance addiction would be much the same.

'Course as I have never suffered from addiction this is merely my observation of the situation as I understand it. If anyone has information that would disprove or alter this theory I would love to hear it. ^^

I would say that when I've seen this question in the past the majority has said no, they do not share the addiction, and I suppose if you analyse the typical tulpa relationship in regard to the cause of addiction and it's not suprising - many a tulpa appears to be mostly unaware of the bodies needs, like hunger for example. Of course some do understand it, but many don't get that feeling cross-over so to speak. Addiction is the body genuinely believing it requires a chemical or somesuch to restore an equilibrium (often an equilibrium that was initially disrupted by taking the drug), as such you are driven to attain more. Be this equilibrium based in endorphins or other chemical compounds- therefore the feeling of addiction is a biological 'need this' response, for one reason or another ( of course mental addiction factors in, but I think this probably just adds an identity to the base substance craving that your body is demanding in many cases). If a tulpa is normally unaware of those cravings in everyday life it stands to reason that substance addiction would be much the same.

'Course as I have never suffered from addiction this is merely my observation of the situation as I understand it. If anyone has information that would disprove or alter this theory I would love to hear it. ^^

I think that mostly holds true with some exceptions. Tulpa's do seem to like certain foods and such though, for instance most people's tulpa does seem to have a treat they encourage the host to eat. I think most drugs tend to also make it harder to pay attention to them, so they tend to dislike that. I think they do crave things to an extent, but not anywhere near as much as people do.

red and blue made me addicted to those reeses fast break bars.. they love how they taste but i told them that i dont want to eat any more of them because i was getting sick of the flavor.

Tulpa:Snow

Mindscape:

Artopia