Can I impose objects? and if I can what would be the limit

I wanted to ask about imposition of other things besides tulpas, like I heard people were imposing tails on there body but I was thinking is it possible to impose objects as well like if I could have an imaginary imposed book on my desk, or I could impose a house outside that I could live in.

I would imagine it being probable simply because it's probably easy for us to imagine a futuristic framework of ourselves actually achieving that. If we're having a boundary that we can't impose things in this spatio-temporal reality that would have physical features that everyone else can see, then that's a different story.

Some people feel one has to go through long and tedious amounts of time to achieve imposition in some way, or people end up doing it because they were emotive to the point where their mind was probably suggestible in having their perception changed to accept said impositions (e.g. climbing over a mental barrier that prevents them from having their set of competencies in potentially doing imposition being more pragmatic and realistic to them). IMO, I would feel that doing exercises that would progressively augment one's ability to refer to their imagination, and just their brain in general with things like imposition would help despite of whatever skill or set of competencies you had in advance.

Or to say the least, the dichotomy between hard work vs. talent and other advantages that come naturally to you is a typical debate. But IMO, hard work never betrays you.

You can impose objects. I personally think that's a really neat idea, though it seems like no one here ever talks about it.

I've gathered pretty much all the information I can find here, and this is an interesting article.

The main thing about imposing objects is that they won't be able to support your weight, and nothing else will be able to interact with them. So if you impose a house to live in, you'll still get rained on, and everyone else will be able to see through your walls.

Can you read an imposed book? I don't know. The brain seems to have trouble with text in dreams, but then imposition isn't dreams. I'm not sure whether you'd be able to read such a book or not.

Can you take pictures with an imposed camera? I don't know. It's an interesting idea and someone should try it, but to my knowledge, no one ever has.

Can you see in the dark with an imposed light? I'm pretty sure you could, in areas you're already familiar with. It wouldn't light up a maze you've never seen until after you've explored it a little, but you'd probably be able to see your way around your house just fine.

Can you shave, or brush your hair, or apply makeup with an imposed mirror? I think so. You already have a pretty good idea of what your face looks like, and I think your sense of touch would work well at filling in the details that your memory didn't have.

Can you do math with an imposed calculator or abacus? Absolutely with the abacus -- it's called anzan in Japan, and children are taught from a young age to do calculations by visualizing an abacus. They get amazingly good at it. With a calculator, I'm not sure. Maybe.

Can you measure things with imposed measuring tape? Can you find north with an imposed compass? Can you tell the time with an imposed clock? I think so. These are things that people can learn to do without imposition, so I think that at most you'll just need a little practice.

Anyway, I think imposed objects have a lot of potential, and we definitely need to do some more experimentation.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

You can impose objects. I personally think that's a really neat idea, though it seems like no one here ever talks about it.

The large majority of people who will ever attempt imposition will never reach the point of clarity where they could impose their wonderland solidly over reality. The problem is it really does take a lot of dedication and practice to reach this point, though of course we never speak like it isn't possible because we want to encourage others. But most will not take this skill that far. Which is usually fine, as tulpas have the feeling of another person, are actively mobile and interact with you; you don't need extremely advanced visualization skills, moderate suffice. But in order to reach the point where you get real enjoyment/use out of imposing non-living things, you'll need more dedication and focus than most of us have.

Anyway, it definitely is interesting. But we haven't talked about it much because it's more of an ideal than it is practical. Yet everything that may be possible should be discussed, so let's do that here.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Hail:

I've definitely gotten weak imposition of random objects. Usually, I practice by imposing a cube in my hand. Best part of it, though, is that I got someone else to see it for a brief moment because I convinced them it was there and their brain expected it to be there enough that it was briefly imposed for them (no idea what it looked like to them other than it was undoubtedly different than what it looked like to me).

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Best part of it, though, is that I got someone else to see it for a brief moment because I convinced them it was there and their brain expected it to be there enough that it was briefly imposed for them

I had an experience like that once. I was doing an improv class. I was supposed to figure out how I arrived on the scene, and everyone else was giving me clues that it was by flying carpet. I never actually saw the carpet, but months later I could clearly remember the carpet, and I was a bit surprised when I went back to that building and saw that there wasn't really a carpet there.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

I believe the only limitation is your own imagination and ability to visualize. Though I haven't imposed Edwin yet, I've imposed anything and everything along with my tulpae in the past. If I was sitting with them at my computer, I imposed a chair for them to sit on beside me. If I was eating, I imposed a sort of "copy" of whatever I had for them to try too. I imposed them changing clothes, taking showers, you name it. It's a little easier than, say, as a kid setting a place at the dinner table for an imaginary friend. Since tulpae cannot affect things in the physical world, it sometimes becomes necessary to impose copies of things in the real world for them to affect.

[align=center]"Jesus Pickles!"

~ Edwin reacting to pretty much every jump scare in a horror movie[/align]

Avatar was made by me using a base.

My DeviantArt Account

Progress Report