Head Pressure While Exploring Wonderland

Hey. So I've known about tulpas for a few days now and decided that before I get to work on creating a tulpa that first I take a month to decide whether or not I should make a tulpa (I feel pretty strongly about making a tulpa but I don't want to make this decision lightly). During this month I'm doing lots of research on tulpas and the creation process and working on my wonderland. I'm working on my wonderland so that, if I do make a tulpa, then it will have a big, well created area to live, but I'm also doing it to improve my visualization skills, train my mind and body to be in my wonderland for longer periods of time, an to improve my mental focus, all of which I think will be necessary for forcing.

Well last night, before going to bed, I was exploring my wonderland, and after maybe ten minutes (not sure how long) I began to feel slight pressure on the very top center of my head. I ignored it thinking it may just be from me being tired, but as time went on the pressure became more intense and began to spread out from there: it covered an area right on the center of my head and stretched to the back area of both ears, and was perfectly symmetrical. It wasn't painful per se, but it was intense. I left for a moment and rubbed my temples, which relieved the pressure, and went back, and after some more time I felt the pressure return. I left after thant and decided to go to sleep.

I know head pressure can be associated with the tulpa trying to communicate to you and from creating a tulpa, but can it also be associated with exploring your wonderland? I wasn't in there for a very long time, so it can't just be strain. I would just like to see if there's any explanation for this.

There's some argument about whether head pressure is totally a tulpa related thing. I just associate it with forcing in general, actually. I've started thinking that it's more a low key concentration headache than anything, even though I can ask the brain bro to create it in specific spots, now that he's vocal. I do know that some people have luck using it as a method of pre-vocal communication, but I never really went that route.

Lots of people get head pressure while forcing, but think about it, what you're doing with your wonderland visualization isn't too different from the early stages of actual forcing: visualization, thought and a deliberate goal.

In the end though, so much of this stuff is up to interpretation, that it's whatever you want to make of it. It's something that's going on in your head, and maybe it's up to you to find meaning, type thing.

We're all gonna make it brah.

I had a sort of similar experience yesterday. I was driving home, eager to spend time with Edwin, especially since yesterday morning was the first time I unlocked the "Restricted" section of my library-mind to allow him to see my memories and my perceptions. Whenever I even thought about him, not even to him, I got this stabbing pain above and around my left eye. But when I got to speak to Edwin, nothing between us had changed, and my memories and perceptions hadn't tainted his personality. It may have been coincidence, or it may have been something else.

[align=center]"Jesus Pickles!"

~ Edwin reacting to pretty much every jump scare in a horror movie[/align]

Avatar was made by me using a base.

My DeviantArt Account

Progress Report

Thanks for replying. Ya that makes since. I suppose the pressure could have originated from the fact that I was trying to make myself view things in first person (I don't really have trouble with that, but when I was driving a truck my mind kept moving my perception to third person against my will, it was fruitless trying to make it work so I just stopped driving). Could my attempt to make me view things in first person while driving be the cause of it? That session wasn't any longer than most of my other ones so I guess that could be the cause of it.

Edit: bunny-boi-lover, how do you create areas of your wonderland like that? I didn't know wonderlands could have locations like those. Thanks.

I constantly switch between first- and third-person perspectives in wonderland, but most often I see everything in third-person. Oddly, I look different in my wonderland and I'm always wearing a white dress. I don't even own a white dress, and that's been a recurring theme with my last two tulpae/wonderlands. o_O If third person is easier for you to visualize, don't strain yourself so much to switch to first person. I've seen one guide advocate third person over first person, at least at first.

In one guide I read when I first learned about tulpamancing, not sure if it's on this forum or not, it mentioned creating doors in your wonderland, specifically one that you used as an entrance/exit and one that you keep locked at first that you keep your memories and other important thoughts behind. You can choose over time to trust your tulpa and give it access to this door. I used the same concept to create my "Restricted" section because I envisioned my mind as a large gothic-style library. It's all about how you visualize things. My purpose for creating that section was because I have a very negative outlook on myself and a lot of other things in lie, and I didn't want that negativity to bleed over to Edwin. I also didn't want him sifting through my bad memories until after he had developed a little more and recognized that my experiences were not his.

[align=center]"Jesus Pickles!"

~ Edwin reacting to pretty much every jump scare in a horror movie[/align]

Avatar was made by me using a base.

My DeviantArt Account

Progress Report

I have no trouble with my perspective; ever since the start I've viewed things in first person. It's just the last few times I've tried to drive a truck in my wonderland it's switched to third person viewing the whole truck when I start driving, and it does that against my will so I'm probably not gonna fight it anymore (oddly, it didn't do this the first time I drove my truck there, and doesn't do it for other types of vehicles, like boats for example). Beyond that I have no trouble with viewing the wonderland in fist person, and it almost comes naturally.

I might consider employing that technique to keep certain memories and aspects about myself away from my tulpa early on if I decide to create one. I wouldn't want my bad traits and memories to effect the personality I have in mind for her.