Tulpa possession, or something else?

I have an internet friend, well, more like boyfriend, and...he hasn't been himself the past few days. Then this night, he is told me he had made a tulpa, and it was taking over his body. It took over several times, always typing out "love is fake," and "the future is bad for me." This was always in mixed letters, and it scared me, to the point that I was crying as I tried to get him back. I told the...thing to get away from him, and he left, but so far he has been silent. I'm very worried, and wondering: is this a Tulpa gone wrong, or something more...spiritual?

Cheers.

-Star

I have an internet friend, well, more like boyfriend, and...he hasn't been himself the past few days. Then this night, he is told me he had made a tulpa, and it was taking over his body. It took over several times, always typing out "love is fake," and "the future is bad for me." This was always in mixed letters, and it scared me, to the point that I was crying as I tried to get him back. I told the...thing to get away from him, and he left, but so far he has been silent. I'm very worried, and wondering: is this a Tulpa gone wrong, or something more...spiritual?

Cheers.

-Star

Sounds like a troll.

Yep. I would bet you money that it's just a troll.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

If he honestly believes this is a tulpa, I'd say schizophrenia.

Of course it's possible that it's not really him -- just someone impersonating him. Have you ever talked via webcam?

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

People's perceptions of tulpae have been tainted by creepypastas and horror movies. Tulpae by nature are not mean, vindictive, etc., especially if they were just created. A tulpa can only be bad if the creator intentionally made them that way. In that case, the host is a horrible person with issues that really need to be addressed before they try tulpamancing. We are essentially creating another life here. The responsibilities of tulpamancy are great. I liken it to that of a mother delivering and then caring for and raising a child.

I think in order for us to determine whether this is a tulpa, a case of possession, a troll, or a psychological issue like schizophrenia or DID, we would need more information.

Does this "tulpa" have a name?

In what other ways aside from talking online has this "tulpa" affected your boyfriend's life?

How long has he had it, and how long after creating it did it start to "possess" him?

Did he base the "tulpa" off of another being, such as a demon or something else he may have seen before?

Does he have a history of psychological problems, including depression and anxiety?

When this "tulpa" has taken over, is your boyfriend still aware of his actions or does he have gaps in his memory?

That's all I can think of at the moment, though I'm sure a lot of other questions could be posed.

[align=center]"Jesus Pickles!"

~ Edwin reacting to pretty much every jump scare in a horror movie[/align]

Avatar was made by me using a base.

My DeviantArt Account

Progress Report

Guest amber5885

Yeah that's not tulpa behavior that's either he's trolling you or he has psychological problems