Revisiting the experiment/Remnants of failed attempts.

Duke

Good evening

My name is Duke, I was here in the early days of the Tulpa craze when it was a bunch of anons circlejerking to their imaginary waifus. Back in the hayday, I was trying to be a total autist and make a tulpa based on a cartoon character, and had significant difficulty finding what would be considered noticeable results. At the time, my life was beginning to get more and more complicated and eventually the forcing stopped altogether.

However, those of you who read my earlier posts know that I am a former rescue volunteer dealing with some mental trauma. I found the tulpa experiment I was conducting to be very therapeutic, and although I can never say for sure whether I really had something going or if I was just lonely and desperate for something to work, but I found some relief in the effort that went into the forcing sessions. As I return to the project some few years later, I bring a few questions to the community that hasve undoubtedly come up before:

Can you revive a dead tulpa? Do they ever truly die if they were never formed in their entirety?

And lastly; Should I simply start over for simplicity's sake? I feel a strange sense of loss when I think about my first tulpa project, but I still don't know how much of what I thought was progress was real and what was a much, much unhealthier mind excited to see results.

Thanks for reading, keep it real.

-Duke

Armythumbsup.jpg.7e9871e19f21022fc6a03478c1eb99da.jpg

Can you revive a dead tulpa?

I've heard of people doing it. Hound is one example, if you want to look up his PR.

Do they ever truly die if they were never formed in their entirety?

I don't think so. I think as part of the mind, they can be restored for as long as you remember who they were.

And lastly; Should I simply start over for simplicity's sake?

That's up to you.

Welcome back. Hope to see more of you.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

It's great to see you giving it another try. Some guides speak as though if you don't give your tulpa attention it dissipates over time, but I'm finding more and more in discussions that that just isn't the case. I've been able to revive the same tulpa many times, sometimes making attempts years later. Now, it stands to reason that I may have simply created new tulpae in the image of the original and given it the memories and such. No one knows for sure. The difference, though, is that I had an extremely strong bond with that particular tulpa. Since yours hadn't been truly formed, I'm not sure what kind of connection you still have to it.

Tulpae are a part of our minds. They say that a mind once altered by imagination can never return to its original dimensions. Our minds retain every memory, direct and indirect, that we've ever had. The reason we only have certain memories and limited knowledge is that we specialize our minds and strengthen the synapses in those particular areas of our brains. Think of your tulpa as one of those memories you don't remember at all. It's still there; the trick is to find a way of accessing it again and strengthening your bond with it. And that sometimes takes stepping into the subconscious, such as using hypnosis to recall repressed memories.

It's ultimately your decision whether you want to revive or recreate your original tulpa. In my experiences, I've always ended up having to "let go" of past tulpae, either because they no longer served the purpose I had created them for or because I became a different person from the one who had created them. At times I've created tulpae for the wrong reasons as well. When I came to that realization it became less painful to allow them to fade away rather than try to change them against their will. But they're all still there somewhere in my mind. I just choose not to try reviving them.

[align=center]"Jesus Pickles!"

~ Edwin reacting to pretty much every jump scare in a horror movie[/align]

Avatar was made by me using a base.

My DeviantArt Account

Progress Report

• 1 month later...