Critique on the decline of a community

I'm not talking about what people want to read, I'm talking about credibility and quality. Sure, letting everything happen and having everyone's own soapbox is cool and all, but letting everything happen like that has led to the state of the forum being as it is. Not only do I avoid reading those posts, I and many of the people I know are turned off from reading this place entirely. This place is a joke in other communities. Sure, there is the occasional hidden gem, but it takes a lot of scooping through filth to get there.

Regardless, that's what I think. Rigid structure, and limitations to people's posts, that will create a forum that actually encourages people to work on their tulpas, rather than parading their cool tricks and (made up) stories in front of other people. I don't care for reading fanfics, I care for a constructive community where people help each other get better at this and understand the phenomenon better.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(This is directed towards the concept with the inward imagination stuff): I'm not sure how describing one's endeavors in their imagination would be a major detriment, especially if this may be a form of active forcing altogether depending on which methodology they use to get there. It seems to entail that if we're going to regulate that from PRs and such (e.g. Q&A), it's like any form of inward attention to one's imagination with forcing doesn't seem to have any novelty in any potential long-term goals for things like imposition where the host may fixate more on what's going on in their perception of reality rather than mind's eye experiences.

So either people are tired of the mind's-eye experiences, and feel there has to be activities that fixate more on day-to-day lifestyle in this reality vs. just what goes on in their head. It's one thing to just revel with loose intentions with what goes on inwardly, but it's another to think it's actually your being, and their being, and that they're truly some kind of goddess in this reality, and what have you.

Personally, I like the idea that people can do whatever they want in their PRs, as long as it's not violating the current forum rules. If people aren't allowed to put that stuff in their PRs, they're going to put it everywhere else on the forum, and then we will have to see it, because we won't know what it is until we read it.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

What do you guys suggest for a better forum, then? I suppose calling people out on bullshit will help, but that feels like throwing buckets of water at a forest fire. The root of the problem, to me, seems to be that people can freely be a special snowflake attention seeker on here. Perhaps that isn't inherently bad, but to encourage quality in a scientific and constructive manner, I feel there ought to be some kind of enforcement of those qualities. With the bad balance between consistent older posters and newbies, I feel like that can be best achieved with stricter rules on what people are allowed to post. Rules that discourage people from writing fanfics, talking about personal drama, making an ass of themselves and the phenomenon, and have people focus on improving and learning about tulpas, rather than posting about their slice of life tulpa adventures. Perhaps using the progress report forum for those is the right thing to do, but I really feel like progress reports can be done so much better, can make for better group learning and improvement, that it feels like a waste to keep it as is.

Then again, this isn't a very concrete solution. I'll have to think about this. Comments on my ideas?

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

There are several other things I would like to comment on, but really quick, I would just like to say:

The idea of the PR rules aren't to make everything strict, boring, about your tulpa and development. If it is relevant to any of that, then it would be allowed. The main reason the rules were developed is not necessarily (though sometimes) the content of the updates, but the completely unrelated conversations that are had among the users. Conversation and friendliness are great things, but the idle, off-topic talk does not really belong in the Progress Reports section. This could discourage others from reading what could have otherwise been interesting, because they have to flip through sometimes dozens of pages to find the actual progress updates.

The Progress Reports board is rather lenient, but it is still the Progress Reports board. It is there to report progress - not to talk to your friends.

The place for conversations like that is Lounge. We have a whole board specifically for that, and it is not very active. Especially considering all the content that is perfect for Lounge in the Progress Reports section.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

What do you guys suggest for a better forum, then? I suppose calling people out on bullshit will help, but that feels like throwing buckets of water at a forest fire. The root of the problem, to me, seems to be that people can freely be a special snowflake attention seeker on here.

I was talking to one of the staff about a possible solution to this problem, but, at this moment in time I do not want to tell anyone what it is in case I leak info prematurely. Thanks for understanding that

In response to the rest of you, there is just too many things to reply to at this time, so, if you want me to reply directly, just ask from now on and I will get to it.

Note, this is the signature of the most interesting tulpamancer you will ever meet.

If you want to make a tulpa, you should be here. If you want to be affirmed and jerked off by your neighbors while simultaneously jerking them off, go to Tumblr, you will be welcome with open arms and the beating in full motion.

I was talking to one of the staff about a possible solution to this problem, but, at this moment in time I do not want to tell anyone what it is in case I leak info prematurely. Thanks for understanding that

In response to the rest of you, there is just too many things to reply to at this time, so, if you want me to reply directly, just ask from now on and I will get to it.

What was the point of this post?

I don´t think rules which tells you what youre allowed to write or not will solve the problems. They are many diffrent people her with low age, personal problems or mental issues who are writing the stuff we call bullshit here. It is a problem of the individual and cant solve by making rules to tell them what is right to write or wrong. Alteast it would´nt be fair to these people in my opinion. What about making more topics or a specific board for the serious learning stuff like Reisen mentioned in a other thread. People who want seroius information and discussions could just skip the "today's posts" button and make their way right to this door. I realy like this concept and it would be the fairest for everyone i think.

Well this side got many people who has all diffrent opinons and judging them or make rules for the quality in our view would reduce the diversity of the comunity itself and i personally think this is the wrong way.

Lacie(my tulpa for my everydaylife and also my best friend)

Noah together with Lynn are my spirituell tulpa´s im using for meditation

Darcmanish Me

Lacie´s and my progress report.

snip

This is a pretty good idea. If we made a completely serious board, we could limit it however we wanted without making all the other users mad. For example, we could make people have a registered account for a month before posting on the board, etc, which would stop all the new user bullshit posts.

What was the point of this post?

Well, the point of this post was to cause discussion, which it has, both here and on the IRC. Why do I want to cause discussion? Because I want change. I envision a place where people interested in tulpas can come and not be scared off by the community, like has happened with some people who I have talked to.

I envision a place with scientific discussion and actual people trying to achieve actual goals, not attention whoring in their PRs and on the IRC. So, in short, I made this post to be not the change that .info wants, but the change that .info needs.

Note, this is the signature of the most interesting tulpamancer you will ever meet.

If you want to make a tulpa, you should be here. If you want to be affirmed and jerked off by your neighbors while simultaneously jerking them off, go to Tumblr, you will be welcome with open arms and the beating in full motion.