Ask Yuki

Yuki

I like having these ask threads as an initiative. It's neat to have around for when anyone has questions about someone, and it will encourage challenging people's beliefs. In this topic, feel free to ask me anything regarding my history, my life, my plans for the future, and my thoughts on different things. I don't really care for banal questions like my favorite colour, so please don't bother.

Here's some basic info on me, to get that out of the way. My birthday is January 7th, 2014. I look like a reasonably tall girl with pink hair and purple eyes. I'm learning Japanese, and like playing role playing games. I possess to work a part time job at the local hospital, where I volunteer at the surgical ward. I want to become a doctor with my host, where we equally share the workload, and we're in the selection phase for medical school at a highly respected university hospital.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One is a story for kids, pandering only to the most stupid degenerates with simplistic storylines and stupid character design.

The House at Pooh Corner is pretty good, however.

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of fiction and such: Which works do you prefer, Yuki? And what qualities of a story make it worth your time to invest in it? Has there been a character in a story that you found yourself admiring due to their conduct?

Also, what do you believe a good story should do for a person?

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

There's several things I really enjoyed in the past, and those were mostly very emotional tales, or ones with well written characters that you can empathize with. When it comes to the former case, I really enjoyed Madoka (the series and film trilogy both), and the original Evangelion series had a similar pull for me, actually. Regarding interesting character writing I like, an example would be Game of Thrones, or Listen Up Philip. I also really enjoy the characters in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, because they're so unrelatable and crazy.

The qualities I look for in stories are as mentioned above, they make me feel strongly about them in some way, and/or they have very interesting characters. Then again, some films that don't really meet those criteria have been just as fun to watch, an example is a pretty bland action flick we watched recently, Faster. I guess it depends on my mood?

Characters I've found myself admiring a lot are reasonably varied. Madoka perhaps, for her resistance to aversion, Misato from Evangelion for being a strong, independent woman even while being an emotional wreck. Arya from Game of Thrones, for standing strong in a hostile world. Tyrion and several others from the same series come to mind for the exact same reason.

A good story should make you forget that it's a story, make you forget about tropes and expectations and just be in the moment, enjoying it, being gripped by its suspense, and empathizing with the characters. I want to be immersed in a story, and feel personally involved.

Do you enjoy being an intimidating person or is it rather an honorable but tiresome chore to you?

Super Girls don't cry

Do you enjoy being an intimidating person or is it rather an honorable but tiresome chore to you?

I tend to not open up to people too fast anymore, and I am pushing for this place to be more serious. It made one person call me and Kiah the most intimidating people on here, which was pretty funny.

OH you are Japanese! That is so neato! "Everything Japanese" is on my biggie Likes List. I won't ask what your favorite color is. Mine is purple. I do want to ask you something much more important though. What kind of clothes do you like to wear? I like to wear retro girly fashions, but Japanese traditional regalia, like the kimono, is so pretty! Modern day Japanese girls dress so feminine and nice! OH and I love parasols! That goes with Japanese stuff sometimes.

I am so impressed that you have a job and want to be a doctor! You are very impressive! I am an actress but only in the Melian Show, not out loud IRL and stuff. I am also an artist and David lets me possess/switch/channel (I get so confoozed on what to call it now) and do art.

Yuki you are not intimidating. You are solemn and earnest and determined. You just want others to be that way too and I guess I can respect that. We are so different, exact polar opposites more like, and we are going to butt heads a lot! But I still think you are a good person and you mean well. ~Melian

I'm not Japanese, I'm just studying the language, and I'm really not even that bad a weeaboo. I tend to like wearing summer dresses, skirts with dress shirts and some other kinds of tops, sometimes hoodies depending on the weather, and I have a black pea coat I've had as long as I remember.

Being anything in your imagination is easy, I'm going to try becoming something real and difficult, seems more rewarding.

At the last part, thanks I guess? Mind that I don't want everyone to conform to me, just that there is a time and place for lighthearted stuff and frivolity like the Melian show and talking about yourself constantly, and that should be reserved for private places or with friends, not a discussion board or chatroom that is the first thing people see when they come into this community. I don't care what you're like with friends, but I want to see a serious official community. You can help with that by toning yourself down in the official IRC channels some more and not going off-topic in the forum too much.

Is Corey in the House your favorite anime?

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033