Switching & imposing the host

I've read that some hosts and tulpas are able to switch entirely, tulpa in the body, host in the wonderland.

My question is, has a switched tulpa ever imposed their host?

“Eragon looked back at him, confused. "I don't understand."

"Of course you don't," said Brom impatiently. "That's why I'm teaching you and not the other way around.”

That's some next level forcing, man. That's like a tulpa reigning in their own presumed sense of qualia while utilizing whatever cognitive processes to generate an image like that in their presumed perception of reality. Though that would raise the question on whether or not the qualia, i.e., subjective experience really have to be pushed into extreme implications of being separate from a more grandiose state of being the host, and the tulpa may share.

And it would raise another question on the merit of who's projecting who, especially if the same cognitive processes could presumably occur in spite of who's taking dominion of real life senses. But if we're talking about circumstances of just a tulpa reveling in mind's eye visualization, or further than that, it's not like, IMO, we're creating another physical brain to refer to another entity.

Guest Anonymous
"We have to go deeper."

I assume that would be possible, given if the tulpa has practical knowledge on the subject. Albeit I never encountered a host that would claim to achieve such a feat.

Reisen: We have, once or twice. I thought it was interesting, but he said it made him uncomfortable. Probably because what he was perceiving as me was his own body, while when he's only in the wonderland he can pretend I look like me. It didn't bother me, but he doesn't like it so we don't do it. No reason it's not possible though.

What if you had your host possess part of your body while switched, though? I wonder if you can do that?

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Reisen: What if you had your host possess part of your body while switched, though? I wonder if you can do that?

Then your host wouldn't be switched out, as per the definition of switching. You'd be in some weird state where two people are both "possessing" the body.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

Reisen: Wow, no thank you. And I asked because we don't really have much experience possessing to do it ourselves. We went from proxying to switching because the idea of possessing never came to mind, back when we were doing things on our own. It seemed like the next logical step was switching places, we never thought there could be something in-between.

Do you think we should practice possession? That's how most tulpas type here, right? I don't quite see the difference between proxying and possessing to type, but I'm sure it's there.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I think that your definitions are still wrong, as your host, I and others discussed at length two days ago. I'll try to give you my definitions as clearly as I can, so we can be on the same page.

When you, the tulpa, takes control of the body, you are possessing. What the host does is irrelevant at that time, so if your host would stay in the body watching you, goes wonderlanding or stops thinking like what seems to happen with you guys, that's all the same for you. You're just possessing.

Switching is the ability for your host to 1. Think for themselves while you are possessing, and 2. able to ignore the body's senses to the point that they can do whatever they like in the mind, such as dreaming that they are physically in the wonderland. Switching as defined here isn't as simple as "just changing places".

I hope that clears it up. What you are doing, in my eyes, is possession, and an early stage of it at that.

Reisen: So switching is full-body possession + parallel processing? That makes sense I guess, but it's not very intuitive. So even though it's just me right now and my host is with the others, it's just possession and not switching because we can't parallel process very well what he's doing. Is that right? And will people understand that if I just say we're possessing? Or do I have to clarify that he's completely unattached to the body's senses right now, or..?

Whether he is switching or not is irrelevant, unless you are explaining to someone what your host is currently up to. If you were to explain who's in control, "I'm possessing" would suffice, regardless of what your host is doing. Because your host can't seem to think for himself while you're in control yet, I wouldn't call what he does switching yet. That he's not attached to the body's senses at all is a good start, but he needs to find the willpower to not stop thinking when that happens.