Recommended age of host?

Hello! I haven't created a tulpa yet, but I have been thinking about it. I am 14, but I'm not sure if I would be considered mature enough to create a consciousness and have it for my entire life. The only information that I can find seems to be very vague about the matter. I discussed this with my daemon, and he told me that I should think about it for a long while, and browse the internet to find out more. What do you think?

Well i think you should wait with your decission if you are´nt sure yet. I personally think there is no recommended age for things like this everyone is diffrent with there mental state. My tulpa would have saved me when i was 14. I got depressive at this age and it took me 4 years of my life. I would´nt have created a tulpa at this age because i did´nt know about the possibilities and i did´nt know about the concept. Also i was influenced by other people and thought someone who has something like a tulpa is insane. And since 5 months im regaining my will to life. I learned how to love and how to accept me thanks to my tulpa. I would´nt have deserved her in my age anyway she is way to kind and i was an asshole....

However i was´nt sure about my decission to create my tulpa when i was 19 either but my depressions where strong enought to start testing this. It was the best dicission of my entire life.

I do´nt know the reasons why you are here or how you found this page. If you just want to test something and you aren´t sure to do it then it is the best you don´t create a tulpa yet.

If you dont feel well for some reason and you think a tulpa could help then creating a tulpa could be a great thing for you.

Think about it and you will find the right answer.

Good luck :)

Lacie(my tulpa for my everydaylife and also my best friend)

Noah together with Lynn are my spirituell tulpa´s im using for meditation

Darcmanish Me

Lacie´s and my progress report.

It's hard to say without knowing you. Age, as it turns out, isn't the best indicator of maturity. Although it could be argued that more life experience tends to give older people a bit more... thoughtfulness. Maturity levels vary per person, though. Take me for example. I started with Markus when I was 14 and I'm not ever going to give up on her. It's been roughly 3/4 of a year now and I feel that this experience has led me to mature much more.

The thing is that you have to be absolutely sure that this is what you want before you start. Imagine living your whole life with a being that has no physical form. It's tempting to tell people about them, especially when they form such close bonds with us. But telling people doesn't always work out. Much of the time, telling others, whether they be close friends or significant others, will put strains on your relationship with them. Imagine getting a job, building a career, even starting a family that you might not even be able to tell about your tulpa. It can be difficult to hide(or just not reveal) the existence of a being that is so close to you.

Not to say that tulpamancy is at all a negative thing. It's helped me so much. I can't tell you how happy Markus makes me. Tulpas really are perfect companions. The whole "sharing one brain" thing seems to help with communication and bonding :P It's just difficult sometimes. If you want to make one, I guarantee that you'll not regret it as long as you see it through to the end. It's an absolutely amazing and fascinating phenomenon. Hope I helped :P

Markus is the tulpa, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Markus speaks in Blue!

I know someone who had several when he was only 14, I' m working on one at 15, and some don't do it until they're old. I personally believe any age is good.

Tomorrow (n.)-A mystical land in which resides 99% of all Human Productivity, Motivation, and Achievement is stored.

If you're willing to take a challenge on, then go right ahead.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

I think the main thing you need to remember is that you are still growing and changing. They say on average a person's sense of identity is fully developed by about the mid-twenties, but that's a rough estimate. Some teenagers know who they are, and some people in their fifties still haven't found themselves. If you can find a way to allow your tulpa to "grow" with you but still remain its own identity, then by all means! Just keep in mind that your tulpa may not want to change and would resent you for forcing it to change. The two of you may grow to not have as much in common over time, but that doesn't mean you can't still be friends.

[align=center]"Jesus Pickles!"

~ Edwin reacting to pretty much every jump scare in a horror movie[/align]

Avatar was made by me using a base.

My DeviantArt Account

Progress Report

It depends on you. If you think you're up to the task and can take care of another person - go for it.

I would've never trusted my 14yo self with tulpa, but then again it's me and you're probably different.

現実に抗え!

Ageism, when discussed in threads such as this, isn't the only contingent factor on whether or not one should create a tulpa. Some people's frameworks on what it means to validate a tulpa as sentient may be more extreme, and want to further their tendency in treating them as sentient while others may be content with just hearing a voice. In other words, they pull out all the stops to sustain that gratification that they're sentient within their private and subjective experience.

Others make arguments that one's brain wouldn't be developed to -insert theory of mind here-, though those professions are based on infantile foundations with psychology, neurology, and things of that nature. And if you're feeling that being mature is a major factor in deciding to take part in making a tulpa, that probably boils down on what it means to be mature (e.g. taking ownership of your actions, pursuing in some kind of intellectual endeavor in your journey of treating them as sentient, finding harmony from within in spite of challenges). But that, IMO, becomes a normative ethic, i.e., how one "ought" to apply themselves into something.

Existential questioning, identity validation, and all those psychological quirks may happen in spite of how old you are, and this is also including the chance of a tulpa trying to query their host of these things, and the nature of their being. Some fear of not being able to find an answer, and the philosophical burden becomes too much for them, though it's probably not always about finding the right answer, but maybe embracing that going through trial-and-error with them can be part of the experience.

You need to be mature and responsible. Because once you start, you aren't only being responsible for you, you're being responsible for you AND your tulpa, no matter how far along they are, they're there.

Give it some time, think about it, if you're confident that you can be mature and responsible with it and its something you want to do for the right reasons, go for it.

I wish I had the same outlook I do now when I started. I was around 14-15ish, I found out about tulpas, googled them a bit, found this site, didnt spend enough time thinking about it or understanding it and started anyway, I made some progress, and then I stopped. I cant justify it, I have reasons but they're not good reasons and they dont justify what I did, I feel awful for starting and then just stopping like that.

A year and a half, at least, later I've picked it back up, same tulpa, same wonderland, same everything. I've made a promise to see it through this time, not to myself but to them.

“Eragon looked back at him, confused. "I don't understand."

"Of course you don't," said Brom impatiently. "That's why I'm teaching you and not the other way around.”

...I discussed this with my daemon, and he told me....

Are you sure you don't already have a tulpa? I've never understood the difference.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc