tulpa art board

endoalir

So that the artists after asspats can asspat each other all day long? That... Is a circlejerk...

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, it could work but it also could not and end up being something so horrible no man was supposed to see it. It all depends on the community here and how the community is going to evolve.

I am hoping that artists aren't just allowed to put fingers in their ears while someone is trying to help or let the artists bitch and moan to moderators about how mean this troll is because they don't like their work and are totally jealous! I know mods would just get tired of that and just tell people to leave the artist alone who will then feel like he or she has won the battle against the mean poopiehead trolls. And his or her art is still the best and needs no improvement, of course.

I've yet to see such person here, but there hasn't been a serious thread for art either so maybe some might turn into monsters.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Fuck it, make the board and see how it turns out. If it turns into a circlejerk, archive it and shut that shit down. Easy.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

If the artist doesn't want critique don't post it. Otherwise call the board "art critique board".

Not everything can be improved with critique. Any finished picture for example. Who would improve a finished picture?

Not really possible for me with a fully coloured picture and several layers (when digital), even more annoying when you painted with real colours. You can fuck it up really fast.

Does it mean that you have to change it when it's finished? No, of course not. But others will notice things you don't and as such, will help you become a better artist as long as you remember their advice and don't just bitch and moan because it was so meaaaaaaaaaan.

If you don't want any reaction to your art, don't post it. You're showing it to everyone for a reason. Do you just want asspats and pretty words? That's not how it works. You get both. The words that tell you how you can improve are worth more than the nice ones.

Unless you want a no comments art board. No words, no critique, no circlejerks or asspats, just art. But at least one doesn't have to improve, heavens no! What is it with artists hating critique on the internet these days? That is the best thing an artist can get.

Does it mean that you have to change it when it's finished? No, of course not. But others will notice things you don't and as such, will help you become a better artist as long as you remember their advice.
If the artist isn't going to make changes to the picture, why waste time to critique it? If you want the artist to improve, it's better to look at their gallery as a whole and then give him tips on where to improve. So you only have to write one post and not thousands.

(Yes, I'm lazy.)

Posting critique to an unfinished picture is constructive, because the artist needs it to make improvements. And you know that the artist read your tips and used them. Win-win for both.

You either want the picture to improve or the artist to improve. That's why I see critique on finished art as waste of time.