Personality Concerns

Well, I've been making my Tulpa for about 6 months. I haven't gotten any headpressures or responses from her yet, but that's not what I'm worried about. At the very start, I spent about an hour doing basic personality before deciding to let her form her own. Looking back on this, I'm worried about the outcome of her picking random emotions from my mind. I've heard bad stories about Tulpae turning violent, aggressive, angry, depressed, etc. What I'm wondering is:

What's the worst that can happen with her giving herself a random personality?

Will the brief personality I went over at the start give some form of structure?

Is it too late to work more on personality?

Sorry if I'm worrying a bit too much, I just need to be sure.

I've heard bad stories about Tulpae turning violent, aggressive, angry, depressed, etc.

I only hear those in places where people have no idea what they're doing, like tumblr. Never in the .info community or ones like it. Long story short if anything is "wrong" with your tulpa, it's due to your beliefs about them, not theirs. The host creates their tulpa.

If you'd like your tulpa to develop a certain way, just intend for that. There's no need for a "random" personality, just one that you and your tulpa are both comfortable with. A tulpa's personality is never set in stone, like a human's isn't. With enough reason, effort and motivation, you can change who you are, and a tulpa can change who they are. A few of my tulpas have changed parts of their personalities after years of development because they made that decision, and with some effort on my part and theirs it wasn't that difficult. In fact my newest tulpa Lucilyn has had a large part in her own development. I created her years after my other ~spontaneous tulpas, having learned a lot in that time, and she was able to achieve sentience relatively quickly. She had the base persona I'd imagined for her, but through her own will has changed (deviated) in ways she preferred.

It's pretty interesting, really. She's young enough that she's able to choose who she wants to be still... That's a nice freedom. Anyways, yes, it's definitely possible. Don't feel locked into anything. If everything you do is in your and your tulpa's best interest, they won't hold it against you. And if at any point they decide they don't like a change you made, they're free to request or work on the change themselves.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I defined a set personality for my first tulpa where my second tulpa was basically left to do her own thing in that department. Noriko kept maybe half the traits I defined and then made the rest up from god knows where. Sabari made up most of her personality (some came from Noriko but she says "it wasn't the kind of contribution you can just say I gave X, Y and Z to her"). And they both turned out just fine. The worst trait Sabari developed was a jealous streak (and really it's kind of cute at times).

So really, don't worry about personality too much. They'll probably just pick whatever they want anyway and it won't be too objectionable.

Currently share myself with four other entities.

Noriko was created on December 15, 2014.  Sabari was created by Noriko on January 22, 2015.

Anzu was reborn on May 23, 2016.  Xiri returned on June 16, 2018.  Both had been inactive since 2012.

Progress Report | Ask a Question Thread