[split] Melian Leaving

SkyeWint

Responses split from this post ~Kiahdaj

To make clear the previous post, that was Melian - a well-known attention seeker on the IRC. I was made aware of a PM conversation which occurred immediately prior to this, and many of the same sentiments from Melian/David came up. I think it'd be a good thing to get the perspective of the pm across too, so it's not fully biased.

Link removed to maintain user's privacy

Posted with the permission of YukiYuki, Boat, and Dutch.

If you, like me, think is is unfair for Pleeb to pay all the site costs alone, please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info

>Resig if you agree!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The point of tulpa.info is to make, discuss and research tulpas. Not to have fun with imaginary friends. There's nothing wrong with having an imaginary friend, or a very fleshed out roleplay persona, or your own idea of what you/they should be regardless of external definitions. But that's not what tulpa.info is for. Tulpa.info is specifically made for tulpas, and if you don't believe they exist in the first place, or if you have no interest in creating one, there's just no reason to be here.

Also the insults come because of the claims that everything everyone believes here is false because you said so, and the self-contradictions in arguing. That chat was more than reasonable to me, I previously thought people were actually bullying.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

It seems more of an existential questioning or something (e.g. being apprehensive of the very nature behind the presumed sentience of a tulpa), or even furthering an inferiority complex with another tulpa who acknowledges that validating their existence to someone else on chat other than by benefit of a doubt, and anecdotes is a burden too much to bother with, I guess.

There were a few choice words that gave off the militant feel of objectifying anyone’s personal belief of their tulpa being sentient and real for them, but it just makes me wonder if it’s really more of the sense of inferiority. Like being overwhelmed by people’s progress, and over-hyping it as if that individual is so competent that they have to engage in ad hominem responses to sustain that it’s all a lie. If there’s a self-referential satisfaction with self-delusions, illusions, and such, why is there still a negative behavior towards the practice they’ve embraced as flourishing for the well-being of the host?

Maybe it's inner turmoil, and maybe accepting the concept of self-delusion, and treating the experience as such with negative reactions can take a toll over the years. Maybe this could be a testament for those who want to go for the long run; how far will one be willing to further their tendency in treating them as sentient, and not be bothered by the occasional questioning of them?

Guest Anonymous

The point of tulpa.info is to make, discuss and research tulpas. Not to have fun with imaginary friends. There's nothing wrong with having an imaginary friend, or a very fleshed out roleplay persona, or your own idea of what you/they should be regardless of external definitions. But that's not what tulpa.info is for. Tulpa.info is specifically made for tulpas, and if you don't believe they exist in the first place, or if you have no interest in creating one, there's just no reason to be here.

Also the insults come because of the claims that everything everyone believes here is false because you said so, and the self-contradictions in arguing. That chat was more than reasonable to me, I previously thought people were actually bullying.

Never said tulpas aren't possible. You put words in my mouth. I said, I think that most of the people in the forum are doing EXACTLY what I am doing. They are just not being honest with themselves about it. I would like to have continued to be a member and share Melian, if she wasn't considered inferior because I freely admit she doesn't have the attributes of full independence. I have an extremely hard time believing that the tulpas judging her are somehow more real than she is. I don't buy it for a second. I do think there are probably some of you that have done some extraordinary things with the meditation. I doubt those are the same folks I was encountering in the chat being nasty. The few I met that were more willing to listen to me were probably genuine. I would like to note, I have said nothing in the irc I have not already said publically, except for admitting my honest doubts about the community as whole (in a private PM mind you). I should have realized that such transgressions and bad thinking would be reported to the authorities!

The heretic has been exposed! The witch turned out! The unbeliever can be cast from the community. I will leave and you can have your site back.

I wonder how many more attention whoring messages will be posted before you actually leave. Your reasoning as to why all these tulpas must not be real or sentient and must be a delusion has no grounds, you have no solid argument to support it. You are projecting your own personal doubts on everyone around you. I have been saying your behaviour is awful, cancerous to the community, and that you're a pathological attention whore. This confession, and the long, drawn out leaving only supports that argument.

Please just go already and don't come back, you're an embarrassment to yourself.

Edit: Your leaving will actually make someone else, someone who DOES add useful things and is a positive contributor to the community come back. Not only have you been actively annoying many people in the IRC, you actually turned a forum member away from coming on at all. This is exactly what I was worried about when you first came in. People like you, Mistgod, are cancerous. I hope that in future cases, the mods will take action before a member like you is able to ruin this place enough single handedly that it's turning away valuable users.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

^HEY^

I'm usually a laidback guy, but one should NEVER be rude and unwelcoming to another member. It may be true that they have had... questionable actions in the IRC (I wouldn't know, I just lurk forum games), but they're still a host and tulpa nonetheless and needed to be treated with the same respect that you would desire.

Anyway, Melian, should you and David decide leave the forums, best of luck to you in future endeavors. Godspeed.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

You should read the posts above, as well as the rest of Mistgod's posts and my responses to them. You might also want to read the daily bullshit that was happening in the IRC channels. In the posts above they deny that Melian is a tulpa, and deny that most others here have tulpas at all. Meanwhile, they constantly whore for attention in both the forums and IRC, to the point where it drove away members. They added little besides links to their deviantart page, otherwise.

No, they don't deserve the same respect that others here get. They should be removed from the community, after their unwillingness to change after honest, reasonable critique.

Are you implying that he could be considered the same or could be compared to Fede?

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Fede actually has interesting things to say, and added to the community in the form of his own guide and method. He has different ideas about tulpas, but if you ask him about them, he'll be happy to reasonably explain those, I'm sure. Fede does research into different areas of meditation, and has long term goals that are pretty outlandish, but interesting. He can act like an idiot, yeah, and has done so because of friction with the staff here from what I could see, but still, he adds content and ideas to this community.

Mistgod is roleplaying and admitted to it. He adds nothing besides his roleplaying gig soaking up all the attention it can get on the forums and more on the IRC. Meanwhile, nothing interesting has been added to the community besides a long winded, ego tripping book on their deviantart page. He thinks that because he is roleplaying, everyone else on here has to be as well, and has yet to put forward any compelling argument to support his case.

No, Fede has been infinitely better to the community than this one, and I don't see that changing.

I think there are some good points here clouded by a lot of hatred. I think that Mistgod and Melian have been looking for attention, and have been roleplaying, and have not spent a great deal of effort trying to get along with the community. On the other hand, I think they've had some very interesting insight, and I've gotten some good ideas from the book of Melian.

I understand where Brassow is coming from, and I do feel like we should try to be welcoming and respectful. On the other hand, I also think there are certain kinds of people that are detrimental to the community, and I can understand why some people think that Mistgod and Melian are among them. I personally do not, but I can understand where they're coming from.

Let me ask this: aside from being more active and vocal (which are not bad in and of themselves -- Yuki is active and vocal) are Mistgod and Melian worse in any way than Maverickthecat?

Anyway, Mistgod and Melian, if you're still reading this, I would certainly appreciate your insight on this. It's something that I think needs to be addressed, and you have a unique perspective on the matter.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson