[split] Melian Leaving

SkyeWint

Their forum behavior is more or less fine. But if the things people were complaining about IRC-wise were akin to that chat log, then I kind of understand where Yuki and the rest were coming from. It's annoying because there's always legitimate points behind what Mist's saying - started with the possession-as-escapism thing, continued with true-consciousness-or-just-realistic-simulation stuff. But then, implications that "most people here" claiming to have tulpas actually don't, that they're just fooling themselves. The problem is, that's a wide-reaching claim with no more basis to it than one person's personal experience. It's ignoring the scientific method and is also a bit rude. Mist seems unable to discuss these aspects of tulpamancy without passively making claims we'll find offensive or misguided, at least in spur-of-the-moment IRC if not premeditated forum posts.

So I dunno. Instead of admitting that you have a problem, act on it. You still seem to be getting something out of your time here, so you're welcome to stay if you want. But try a little harder not to make claims against what others here believe - at least use some tact if you want to bring up "outsider looking in" concepts. Because while you are still an "outsider" who may have different and possibly beneficial ideas to show, you also don't know us that well yet. You might've noticed from this post that I've seen everything you've brought up before. It's great to check if your ideas are new or beneficial, but you shouldn't assume they're some sort of godsend or revelation automatically. Done well they can be thought provoking, done poorly they'll cause arguments. And since people stop listening when they argue and the whole point is to learn, it's best to avoid that.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest amber5885

I don't think mistgod and Melin are worse or better than any one else here the problem is as risen posted, the passive aggressive insults and inability to listen to anyone when it comes to being corrected and that usually does degrade into fights.

I stepped away from the forum because he's a textbook narcassistic and rather than fight I took a breather. It seems though that some of his points are valid and some good discussions have happened but since he deemed it necissary to call us all liars and victims of self delusion I personally will take nothing he says seriously from this point on if he does stay an I'm sure I'm not the only one.

He's said what he felt he needed to say about this community.

As you can see, I split this post from the Mass Leaving Thread. I did not want that thread to end up full of an argument.

I also removed the link to the PM conversation from SkyeWint's post. I fully understand the desire to post that, in these circumstances; however, we would still like to protect users' privacy, so if they do not consent to having logs of their private conversations posted publicly, then they should not be.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I just realized that Melian's bullshittery has reared the head of the beast known as amber5885. Welcome back, by the way. So what action is planned on being taken for Melian? I think they should be treated in the same fashion as Fede, being they are both spewing the same crap.

EDIT: I think only Sands or Waffles could properly argue with them about these matters. Go, champions, go!

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Guest amber5885

I already said my peace about melian, I stepped away after that though because I didint want to fight and I was incapable of not when it came to him.

Hopefully nothing needs to be done. Hopefully he'll just keep away and we can continue in as we have and this will become a part of history

EDIT: I'm a beast now am I? :P

I was summoned?

I can only really say that the whole thing is extremely overblown, but were I you I wouldn't have been the one lynching David and Melian. Their 'confession' was to me ambiguous at best, but I think what they meant was clear enough in everything else they said - lacking independence, not a roleplay character. So?

I can't help but taste the irony when Melian's most incendiary claims - that most tulpas are not as independent as they or their hosts may claim - lies unaddressed amongst the witch burnings. (Okay, Reisen called it rude and unscientific - you mean it's wrong? Or it's right but she got there the wrong way?) Preface it with denial, and maybe she's not far wrong. At least about that; I can't speak for her views on possession (for those just joining us: it doesn't exist) or her appalling attention-whoring tendencies.

I'm a beast now am I? :P

When I say beast I mean something strong and mighty.

Like a dragon.

Thanks for your input waffles! Helpful as always (even though I was actually wanting a text wall this time around...)

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

I see some mentions about witch-hunts, burnings, heresies, etc. But I don't think it was that that caused the issues that transpired. Rather, it was the simple inability to keep IRC issues in the IRC. While there is a lot of overlap, the IRC and forum have a different set of regulars, and the regulars of the forum often seemed confused when IRC scuffles found their way on here via posts like these.

Despite being an IRC regular myself, I found this latest thing pretty confusing: it was clear that it was a response to something...but it was something that I wasn't on the IRC for, and it had no real presence on the forum. If the log was not posted, I don't think anyone who doesn't regularly hang out at the IRC would know what was going on, why Melian and David were upset, or what they could do, as Melian's behavior was lower key here, and people spoke to her rather calmly.

Even as far as the IRC went, it did not seem that Melian's beliefs were the issue: I've seen Reisen's host disagree with common sentiments, but still be treated with courtesy and given serious consideration. Rather, it was her over the top behavior, as was previously states, that irked people. Since she rubbed so many people the wrong way, they were far less inclined to listen to anything she had to share, and dismissed her based on that. While I think she had some interesting things that could be thought on, it was drowned out by her loud antics, and needlessly silly and disruptive behavior, which one may notice in the way she and her host replaced their posts with "bite me", and changed their profile in protest to a "witch hunt" that much of the forum regulars were ignorant of.

This should have stayed and died where it began.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Guest amber5885

You're absolutely right.

But it wasn't just chat, she brought it into the forums herself.

At first it was that she made a few mistakes such as insisting the rules be changed to suit her role playing, or that it was acceptable to kill a tulpa and things like that and we tried to politely correct her at first and she reacted as if we had thrown her into a fire by pointing her toward the guides and other threads.

After that she began accusing us of being psychoticly religious, accused us of being hateful and having a history of having "which hunts" while at the same time admitting she actually didn't read any of the guides or threads.

She continued to react violently to any suggestion that maybe she tone it down while at the same time throwing back handed insults and flat out calling out members such as Reisen Yuki and myself and continued even after moderators stepped in.

Just so were clear, this wasn't a witch hunt.

Melian had potential and a few of her threads showed that but it's for the reasons I state above that we're better off without her.