The Resistance: HYDRA Elite Corps

NimbusArchon

Story (some Marvel spoilers)

[hidden]You are loyal members of the worldwide organization HYDRA. Your organization has changed the world in many ways, and you were there to help it happen. You are part of an elite corps of agents who go on clandestine missions to further HYDRA’s goals. You have a very important set of missions coming up - but disaster has struck. Agents of SHIELD, your former enemy/puppet/cover/identity/etc., have infiltrated the elite corps. If even one of them is allowed to go on a mission, they could sabotage it with ease. Your objective, as HYDRA loyalists, is to identify other loyal operatives of HYDRA, and to root out the agents of SHIELD.[/hidden]

(Story is unnecessary, though. MCU knowledge not required.)

The Resistance is a game of deduction and deception. Most of the players will be loyal members of the Resistance - that is, HYDRA - and will attempt to successfully complete a series of 5 missions. However, some of the players - the agents of SHIELD - will attempt to subvert the loyalists’ efforts and sabotage the missions.

The game is played in up to five rounds, each of which centers around a mission. When a round begins, one of the players is chosen as the mission captain. (I’ll use random number generators for the initial captain, then we’ll go by the order in which people join.) The captain then proposes a mission team. The captain chooses a certain number of players (number determined by round) who will go on the mission. This can include the captain themselves - and generally does, as the captain knows their own allegiance. There is then a period of discussion. All players can input their opinion on the mission team - who they trust, who they don’t, who should be going. This should take a while. After the discussion has gone on long enough (or 48 hours pass), the captain must choose a final proposed team and announce it.

After the team is proposed, all players will PM the game master (me) to secretly vote to approve or deny the team. After all votes are submitted, the game master will reveal who voted and how. If the majority of players approve the proposed team, the mission commences. If the majority rejected the proposed team, then the captainship moves to the next player and the round begins again. HOWEVER: If a single mission has 5 teams proposed and rejected, then the agents of SHIELD win the entire game. Not the one mission, the whole game.

Once a team is approved, the players on the team will PM the game master with their decision. Loyal members of HYDRA must vote to pass the mission - for no reason can they attempt to sabotage it. Agents of SHIELD, however, can choose to either pass the mission or sabotage it. After all PMs are received, the GM will reveal the result of all of the votes - but not who voted for what. If all votes are to pass, then the mission is successful. If even one vote is to fail, the mission is sabotaged and fails.

The game is won when either the HYDRA loyalists succeed 3 missions, or the agents of SHIELD fail 3 missions.

HYDRA PM (Everyone will get this):

You are a loyal operative of HYDRA! Your aim is to successfully complete 3 missions. You will want to build trust in yourself, while finding out who the agents of SHIELD are.

SHIELD PM:

You are an agent of SHIELD! The agents are: [agents]. Your aim is to sabotage 3 missions. You will want to build trust in yourself, while directing suspicion on others.

RULES

0: The game master can adjudicate rules issues on a case-by-case basis.

1: The mission captain must choose a final mission team within 48 hours of the round’s start.

2: All players must vote to approve or deny a mission team within 24 hours of the final team’s selection.

3: All players on an approved mission team must either pass or fail the mission within 24 hours of approval.

4: ALL game-related communication, barring PMs to the game master, must be in this thread. The agents of SHIELD may NOT PM each other to coordinate or communicate.

5: No encryption (this time).

6: No editing or deleting of posts.

7: No cheating.

MISSION TEAM SELECTION

When the captain wishes to choose a final mission team, they should give the names of all players on the team (including themselves, if they so choose) with ##double hashmarks in front of them.

NUMBER OF AGENTS & TEAM SIZES

I can only accept up to 10 players. The number of SHIELD agents and the size of mission teams will be determined when we have a final roster of players.

GAME MASTER

It’s me. NimbusArchon.

I’ll respond to game-related PMs as best I can.

I think that covers everything. If there are rules questions, or anything I’ve missed, feel free to ask or point it out.

This should be fun.

Cogito ergo cogito.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Count me in!

Also, let's not forget our brave American hero...

IFzVZuc.jpg

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Not so lithe now, huh?

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Don't make me have Jean get his Yuki-buster suit!

(Guys I think we're turning into the avengers)

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033