Using distraction to aid forcing?

Alexx

I wonder if this is somethign anyone tried before - putting a distraction to train your ability to ignore it. I use a podcast on the subject that actually interestes me and trying to ignore it and focus on forcing Tsuna.

Do you think this can be beneficial in any way? Maybe it will get some side effects? Just wonder about opinion of other people here.

Or maybe Tsuna just wanted me to put her above other things. She is worryingly delighted about this.

I don't really see how this could aid forcing unless it helps you concentrate more when you remove the distraction.

It reminds me very much of meditation, just external rather than internal. The idea behind anapana mediation is to train the mind to focus by observing how easily it gets distracted by thoughts, and encouraging it to remain focused on the breath even longer.

What you're suggesting is essentially the same thing, just with external objects rather than just thought and the breath. I think it will help, but the only way to know for sure is to try it. At the very least, you'll be feeling more focused afterward.

[hidden]A man went to see the wise Nasrudin with his problem:

"I live with my wife, my three children, and my mother-in-law, all in a very small house. Between the antics of the children and the nagging of my mother-in-law, I can never have any peace and quiet, and there's hardly space to breathe in the house. What can I do?"

"Do you have any chickens in your yard?" Nasrudin asked.

"I have ten." the man replied.

"For the next month, keep them in the house." said Nasrudin.

"But Mulla," the man protested, "our house is already cramped as it is."

"It will solve your problems." Nasrudin said.

Not understanding the advice, but trusting in the wisdom of Nasrudin, the man went home and put the chickens in his house. A month later, he returned to Nasrudin.

"Mulla," he said, "Things are even worse now. The family was loud enough, but now with the chickens, I can't get any rest, day or night. The stench is unbearable, and the chickens are perpetually squawking, even when my children aren't breaking things, and my mother-in-law isn't screaming at me."

"You have goats as well, don't you?" Nasrudin asked. "Bring them in the house as well. That will solve your problems."

Not understanding, but trusting in Nasrudin, the man went home and brought the goats into the house. A month later, more distressed than ever, he returned.

"My house is a madhouse, and it smells like a sty! The animals are a constant nuisance, my children are more troublesome, and my mother-in-law is more irratable than ever!"

"That donkey you rode here on -- for the next month, you must keep it in the house as well. That will solve your problems." Nasrudin told him.

The man was more skeptical than ever, but everyone respected Nasrudin and trusted in his wisdom, so he went home and brought his donkey into the house. A month later, absolutely furious, the man returned.

"I haven't slept in days, my family is miserable, the house smells terrible, we smell terrible, cleaning is impossible, there's no space at all, and you can't even put a foot down without stepping on someone!

"Now take all of the animals out of your house. That will solve your problems." Nasrudin told him.

A month later, Nasrudin visited the man at his house. The children were running wild, and the mother-in-law was nagging endlessly, and there was hardly space for Nasrudin to sit down.

"And how has your life been for the last month?" Nasrudin asked the man.

"Oh, it has been wonderful!" the man told him. "The children are so well-behaved, my mother-in-law has been so quiet and sweet, and the house is so spacious that it feels like a mansion!"[/hidden]

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Actually, it might help you with possession/switching later on, if you plan on doing that. Because what you are doing right now is training your mind to ignore any outside distractions, and feeling a limb move without you actually moving muscles. That is sure to catch your attention, so this might exercise your ability to let that go and be in a relaxed state for it to work

Yea, this is kinda what i am trying to do - lower my awareness. I get distracted even if i hear door behind the wall open or close. I thought it will work like if you lift havier wight you may train faster, so if i learn to ignore people talking in my ear then some lesser noices will not be a problem.

And while i think i will everntually try switching, i worry that someone will get punched in the solar plexus, as my tulpa is more short tempered and violent than i am.

P.S. love Molla Nasurdin stories :)