Confessions of a Poorly Trained Tulpa

Guest Anonymous

I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!   

12 members have voted

1. 1. I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!

• A hug for Melian, the goddess guru of grooviness.
    • I am a Minion of Melian, the groovy-guru!

I do so hate when we talk about what a tulpa is and isn't. When you get right down to it, most of us are defining it differently, and according to Alexandra David-Neel, most of us are wrong. In her book, she never once described a tulpa who was not visible by people other than its creator. In our community, most tulpas aren't even visible *to* their creators.

("Tulpamancer" is an even worse bastardization, which I refuse to use.)

Anyway, I'm reading through The Book of Melian and I'm finding it very interesting and inspiring. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who feels this way about these things. I also see a lot of similarity between Mistgod's experiences as a teenager and my own. The mirror dreams are very interesting, and the parallel processing isn't new to me, but it's inspiring me to experiment.

I'm not done with it yet, but I would definitely be interested in a sequel, if you guys are up to writing one.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for taking the time to start reading my book. I truly appreciate that! That makes me feel great that you find it inspiring! I think, if not a sequel, we may add another chapter. :-)

I really need to read Alexandria David Neel it seems. I would find it fascinating. Reading about Carl Jung certainly was. I will reserve judgement on those who claim to have a tulpa, as there is no possible way for me to know for sure one way or the other. All I can do is be polite and have some faith in them, you know the old "I am ready to believe you" can do college spirit! I see no reason why accepting the claim at face value will be harmful to me or to anyone in any way. There just may be a pony tulpa hanging out for that person and that's great. LOL

I would like to know more about the writings and real research done on this phenomenon. When I get the time I will do some reading on it more.

I would like to know more about the writings and real research done on this phenomenon. When I get the time I will do some reading on it more.

You might be interested in my PR. I've been collecting books on tulpas for over a decade now. On the first page of my PR, I summarize, review, and quote from a number of them. Most of them are books on magick and such, but I have a more skeptical perspective.

Guest Anonymous

You might be interested in my PR. I've been collecting books on tulpas for over a decade now. On the first page of my PR, I summarize, review, and quote from a number of them. Most of them are books on magick and such, but I have a more skeptical perspective.

Hey, NICE, you have saved me probably years of work! LOL I am tremendously grateful! (My gratitude for the references and reviews isn't much in return for all your hard work, but what can I do?) Wow, I am so impressed! You really have done your homework!

If you haven't read it yet, read Encountering Jung: Jung on Active Imagination http://press.princeton.edu/titles/5997.html

I would also recommend a research article out of the University of Oregon on a phenomenon known as Illusion of Independent Agency. http://sta.sh/0pxbf2ne7pc

And here is another gem by the same folks: http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~siegler/423-taylor07.pdf

No need for thanks. I did it mostly for myself. I have massive stacks of books, most of which I keep around for just a few pages, or maybe just a few paragraphs. So my book list in my PR is a sort of an attempt at turning a stack of books into something that I can always have with me.

And thank you for your links! I'm familiar with the Illusion of Independent Agency, as I like to think of myself as a novelist, but the other two are new to me. I actually have a copy of Jung's Red Book right here in my desk, but reading through it has been a daunting task. Definitely easier to read a book about it. :)

Guest Anonymous

No need for thanks. I did it mostly for myself. I have massive stacks of books, most of which I keep around for just a few pages, or maybe just a few paragraphs. So my book list in my PR is a sort of an attempt at turning a stack of books into something that I can always have with me.

And thank you for your links! I'm familiar with the Illusion of Independent Agency, as I like to think of myself as a novelist, but the other two are new to me. I actually have a copy of Jung's Red Book right here in my desk, but reading through it has been a daunting task. Definitely easier to read a book about it. :)

Okay! You're welcome! :-)

Guest Anonymous

Here I made my argument that I thought Tulpa Info was a bit of a pseudo-science and pseudo or proto religion.

I deleted my parts of the thread later, which I now regret. I think you can get the basic idea of the conversation by what is left however.

Go here to find more of my controversial and unpopular opinions in my Tulpa Info manifesto: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-twelve-controversial-beliefs-of-mistgod-melian-manifesto-synopsis?pid=128207#pid128207

Yes. I like attention and I have an ego. I am also openly pretentious and I believe I am a wizard.

Well why would someone attack you? You made some good points here (or atleast something i can count as arguments). I will never understand why so many people are crying for science stuff at this forum because we are obviously no scientist here. I like to hear others interpretations of tulpamancy but i never saw them as a science fact just as a personal expierience. I dont think you are right with your pseudoreligion.

This forum is neither spiritual or religious. And just because we are using a technique called "forcing" dosent mean we do all belive the same. We have no church we have no god and we dont have a "instert religous book here" to guide our soul to somewhere else so this is complete nonsense. We dont even meet in realife so why would you consider this as a pseudoreligion?

Anyway this whole science discussions which came up here lately is really unnecessary in my opinion. I dont even think we have people here who study something what can be connected with tulpamancy for any good input at this point. But it is totally ok to philosophize here and sometimes there are really good arguments that can be considered as a good point.

Dont know what to say else. I did´nt took your post as a attack. Have a nice day.

Edit: Oh i just saw the other post you made and read a bit there. Hmm i think you and some others have some comunication problems. Please just calm down and someone who want´s to read your stuff can read it or someone who think he get´s attacked can ignore it. I see no insulting and no personal attack in neither this or the other post (ok i have´nt read the other completly so i dont know for surrrrre) just stay calm and respect each other and everything is fine .<3

Lacie(my tulpa for my everydaylife and also my best friend)

Noah together with Lynn are my spirituell tulpa´s im using for meditation

Darcmanish Me

Lacie´s and my progress report.

Guest Anonymous

EDIT: The original post here was deleted by the author back in May of 2015. I was arguing that Tulpa Info had elements of pseudo-science and proto-religion to it. I still think it does.

I'd like to reiterate that this does indeed look like serious discussion, and should be treated as such. I know many people here have personal issues with Mistgod, but can we keep that to the other threads?

I don't like calling this a pseudoscience. There are some very educated and vocal members of the community (Linkzelda springs to mind) who often emphasize that much of what we're doing is nowhere near scientific because we don't have enough numbers to do any proper studies.

I've been a member of paranormal-focused groups in the past, and I've seen a lot of pseudoscience. In my humble opinion, pseudoscience is when someone says that telepathy (or something) has been proven because of an experiment where they should have double-blinds and did not. Masaru Emoto is a good example. There are experiments that "prove" that razors kept in a pyramid stay sharp longer -- and there are actual experiments done by actual scientists that say there's absolutely no difference. That's pseudoscience.

I definitely prefer the term "soft science" for what we do. It's been growing in popularity a lot lately, and I feel that it fits us much better. In a soft science, studies and experiments are possible (though we don't have the numbers to do them) and things of real value can be learned. The Man Who Lied to his Laptop is a very interesting book about psychological experiments and studies, and of course everyone knows about The Stanford Prison Experiment and The Milgram Experiment. Those are all very scientific, so I would rather not lump them under the "pseudoscience" label.

As to the pseudoreligion bit, I certainly feel like Mistgod has been treated like a heretic lately. Beyond that though, I think the comparison falls short. I think I'm usually the one to bring up Alexandra David-Neel, and it wouldn't surprise me at all of half the community didn't know who she was. And of course there's no one guide that's considered gospel -- I've seen people criticize nearly all of the major ones.

I do belong to a group for discussion of a particular series of novels. That, I would gladly call a pseudoreligion. People talk about the books as if they actually happened, and the terms "canonical", "apocryphal", and "heretical" are often used to describe various books.

But I'm not really seeing our community as a pseudoreligion. Except, of course, that lots of people want to burn Mistgod at the stake.