Confessions of a Poorly Trained Tulpa

Guest Anonymous

I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!   

12 members have voted

1. 1. I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!

• A hug for Melian, the goddess guru of grooviness.
    • I am a Minion of Melian, the groovy-guru!

Totally makes sense and I would not disagree Brassow. But can you see that I am trying to improve things? I am asking the community politely for that opportunity.

My latest threads cannot be that bad. My problem is that I cannot distinguish between being enthusiastic and attention seeking. What is the difference? Is there a difference?

Yeah point is you overreacted on Jake in the other thread, and i really understand why you did. You're used to get that kind of reaction, and you're sick of it. So while he simply missunderstood the point of your post and labeled you as attention seeking (mostly because you said so yourself there) because of that, you went pretty hard on him.

Being enthusiastic and being attention seeking are just two different views on your activity. Being interested in different opinions on a matter of things is something which could be labeled as enthusiastic, being interested in people talking with (or rather about) you would be attention seeking. So it's finally about how people (or yourself for that matter) receive the reasons behind your actions, and not the actions itself.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Yoda

Enthusiasm is showing your attention for another subject. Seeking attention is wanting it on yourself by trying to be controversial. Quite a difference.

That makes sense. I have done the controversy for attention frequently in the past.

I am hoping that writing thought provoking OPs about things like how a tulpa is separate from its form is not attention seeking. It doesn't seem too controversial to me. It does relate back to my own experiences, but I think that is true of every tulpamancer for almost every thread they write.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. You may see yourself as improving things, but does the community at large? Once again, the existence of the Anti-Mistgod brigade seems to say that not everyone is happy with the improvements you are trying to put forward.

I am afraid some will never forgive me for the past no matter what I do.

The difference between being enthusiastic and attention seeking is what you say. A lot of your posts are about yourself which makes it seem like you are not intrested in tulpas as a whole, but rather just about telling everyone what you have done.

We are very interested in tulpas (and thoughtforms of any kind) as a whole. That impression that we might not be interested in tulpas would be a misconception that maybe we have created by the way we write.

You never ask a question that isnt tied to a large post about you and what your tulpas have been doing. Tulpas are very subjective so whats going on with you might be completely unique, thus trying to give large amounts of context in this manner is largely pointless and normally comes off as bragging or blog-posting.

This is a tough one. Melian and I really do have a combined narcissistic ego. It is extremely challenging to change or not fall back into old habits. Maybe it is hopeless that everyone will love us in the end. If they don't love us, they can at least be courteous and not rude and disruptive on our threads. That seems like a small thing to ask. That is why you can pick and choose what you wish to read and why there is an ignore feature.

It might be too much to ask for love, but at least some basic courtesy and tolerance for eccentricity wouldn't be an unreasonable request I think.

Yeah point is you overreacted on Jake in the other thread, and i really understand why you did. You're used to get that kind of reaction, and you're sick of it. So while he simply missunderstood the point of your post and labeled you as attention seeking (mostly because you said so yourself there) because of that, you went pretty hard on him.

THIS is why I am propagating the problem myself. I am tired of the open hate. But then, I do mention the attention seeking label myself, almost proudly, and then get angry when someone echos it back at me. Why am I doing that? I think it is because I am attempting to transform it into a label of endearment instead of something to be despised. It isn't working is it?

Also, I do overreact far too often.

Being enthusiastic and being attention seeking are just two different views on your activity. Being interested in different opinions on a matter of things is something which could be labeled as enthusiastic, being interested in people talking with (or rather about) you would be attention seeking. So it's finally about how people (or yourself for that matter) receive the reasons behind your actions, and not the actions itself.

I can't be anyone but myself. I can mellow it out a little, but I will always want to write about Melian and I. I love her so much I can't imagine not talking about her in relation to the overall theme of tulpamancy. Is a little bit of attention about Melian now and then so bad? Is every mention of her now considered merely seeking attention? Lots of people are writing about their tulpas on this forum in most of the threads. They relate the subject of the OP back to themselves and their tulpas quite often.

I think it is because I am attempting to transform it into a label of endearment instead of something to be despised.

Thats like saying you want to turn "rapist" into a label of endearment. Its a inherently bad thing. Unless you are a cute puppy, no one is going to go "Oh, look at that Mistgod, always seeking attention! What a card!"

We are all mad here

THIS is why I am propagating the problem myself. I am tired of the open hate. But then, I do mention the attention seeking label myself, almost proudly, and then get angry when someone echos it back at me. Why am I doing that? I think it is because I am attempting to transform it into a label of endearment instead of something to be despised. It isn't working is it?

Also, I do overreact far too often.

Well it ain't working as long as you're still getting angry about it yourself, haha.

I can't be anyone but myself. I can mellow it out a little, but I will always want to write about Melian and I. I love her so much I can't imagine not talking about her in relation to the overall theme of tulpamancy. Is a little bit of attention about Melian now and then so bad? Is every mention of her now considered merely seeking attention? Lots of people are writing about their tulpas on this forum in most of the threads. They relate the subject of the OP back to themselves and their tulpas quite often.

I don't think it is a real problem that you love to write about Melian and yourself, as long as you still be on topic with it, especially when you're the one curious about something in general. (But it may is a problem when you get lost in writing about Melian so much that nobody gets the point of your post anymore, haha.)

Guest Yoda

Not trying to be rude, But I have seen your picture and I do have to disagree

Damn it!

Well it ain't working as long as you're still getting angry about it yourself, haha.

Got it.

I don't think it is a real problem that you love to write about Melian and yourself, as long as you still be on topic with it, especially when you're the one curious about something in general. (But it may is a problem when you get lost in writing about Melian so much that nobody gets the point of your post anymore, haha.)

That last sentence is my challenge my friend!

Oh boy, yet another thread where people are arguing and I get to give my opinion on. Just wish it could be on a new subject for once.

First, the reason the "We hate mistgod 'clutter'" came to exist was due to his entrance to the forum. To put it lightly, he caused a ton of drama and made a lot of authoritative statements contradicting well-established beliefs of people with much more experience than he had. And then he periodically made threads about himself for a while. He's since started posting productive threads consistently and, while not removing all of the ego from them, has also not written exclusively about himself. There's always discussion-worthy material in the threads he posts and, as he likes to say and deserves to, he is one of the few people to even do so. If not for any other reason, his self-centered nature should be condoned as he's pretty much the only established member of the forum to even attempt creating new discussions. Without him we've got a couple threads from Anderson and an ocean of newbie threads.

And though you've convinced him he brings up his own attention-seeking nature for no good reason, he actually does it to try and get it out of the way so people stop calling him out on it. The thought was that if he acknowledged that he had a habit of making things sound like they're about him, but was perfectly fine with people ignoring that and posting exclusively on the intended discussion topic, everyone would be happy. Instead you guys have managed to turn it into yet another problem. Doesn't look like it's working Mistgod, defer to linking this thread in reply instead.

To be honest, Jake, you don't look like a dedicated Mistgod hater, but someone who's only seen the surface of his posts. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. His posts do tie in largely with his own experiences, as should be expected in discussion of subjective experiences. But it's been quite a while since he wrote only about himself and not provided actual topic for discussion. As someone who's read every single thread of his and everyone elses' in the last year or so, I've not had any issue replying to any of his threads with productive on-topic tulpamancy discussion. To be honest, I even found something to say in his "I'm leaving the IRC forever" thread, because I was inclined to agree with his sentiments. But his threads asking a question derived from his recent experiences and pondering have yet to fail bringing up some healthy discussion topic we've not seen for a long time. Which brings me to my last point...

Would you guys prefer we just answer "Did my tulpa just talk to me?" / "Should I make a tulpa?" / "Having issues with doubt" / "(Wonderland Thread #247)" / "r u al retarded lol" threads forever? Is the alternative to Mistgod's threads really so great? Is there really, absolutely nothing worth discussing in his posts? If you really think so, then I think you'd prefer Reddit's r/tulpas. Let their massive Reddit-fueled userbase handle the newbie questions. I like to think of tulpa.info as a progressive and thought-provoking site, not an interactive guide for day 1 tulpamancers.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Yoda

@Luminesce

Yep. That is my frustration exactly. I wish people could see things the way you are seeing them. For my part, I can try to not over react to misdirecting labels being dropped in my face and just politely link to this thread in my responses.

Oh and I love Anderson's posts and I know that you do too. :-)

EDIT: There has been some recent concerns over Melian's overly dramatic rant posting. I would point out that it is not a frequent thing. 99% of that is a direct result of the IRC chat room. She is finally, finally convinced it is a bad place for her to be. I will do my best to limit those types of rants to a dull roar and infrequent item.

@Luminesce

Yep. That is my frustration exactly. I wish people could see things the way you are seeing them. For my part, I can try to not over react to misdirecting labels being dropped in my face and just politely link to this thread in my responses.

Oh and I love Anderson's posts and I know that you do too. :-)

EDIT: There has been some recent concerns over Melian's overly dramatic rant posting. I would point out that it is not a frequent thing. 99% of that is a direct result of the IRC chat room. She is finally, finally convinced it is a bad place for her to be. I will do my best to limit those types of rants to a dull roar and infrequent item.

Well atleast Melian and the trouble around her keeps my tulpa Alice thinking about existencial questions even a while after you went silent, which is kind of impressive in my books.

One day (been a while) she asked me about the reason for her existence, and after my implementations she asked me if it was a similiar deal with Melian.

Yesterday Alice asked me out of nowhere what she really is, afterwards she admitted that Melian (and the lack of clarity in her case) was the main reason for that.

It fascinates me that she got stuff like that in her mind already.