Confessions of a Poorly Trained Tulpa

Guest Anonymous

I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!   

12 members have voted

1. 1. I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!

• A hug for Melian, the goddess guru of grooviness.
    • I am a Minion of Melian, the groovy-guru!

Well, you also have to consider that people need to go to school and/or work during the week. College is a huge time-suck, so there are people who might actually be forcing, but they are more likely to lurk and research on the forum rather than contribute. They might use it as a library rather than a community.

And some might have tulpas who always try to yank their hosts away from the computer to go outside instead (like mine).

What I have noticed, however, is that there are plenty of interesting topics that were (kind of) discussed three years ago, but if you read them now, you can tell that virtually nobody had a clue as to what is beneficial and what is not. I wouldn't mind seeing some necroposting of old discussion topics just to see what the current people here have to say about it. It might help dust away some of the old stigmas that don't really apply anymore.

Progress report

Personal blog

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I wouldn't mind seeing some necroposting of old discussion topics just to see what the current people here have to say about it. It might help dust away some of the old stigmas that don't really apply anymore.

Oh I did try necroposting the old topics so they can resurface for newbies, and I was firmly told not to do this by a mod. Those apparently are old ideas no one cares about anymore. Necroposting and tulpas blogging are both considered generally bad. But those are two of the very things that might add some interesting things and fresh discussion of topics.

The forum as it is right now is a fancy tulpa creation guide. Nothing more. To open up the deeper meaning of tulpas AS PEOPLE, tulpas need to be able to write about their lives, and experiences of existing, without being called "attention whore.." This would mean PERSONAL type writing and accounts about emotions and feelings and events. Not just "am I forcing wrong?"

EDIT: There was a thread discussing the idea of a tulpas only blog space. It went nowhere in the end. Here is the thread by Brassow. I am not the only one thinking along these lines! https://community.tulpa.info/thread-new-blog-area-needed Why is blogging by tulpas so disturbing to some people?

Part of why we changed the rules in PR is that we don't want to host blogs filled with barely-tulpa-related stuff and shitposts. It makes a bad impression and reflects poorly on the site.

But... is a dead forum really a better alternative?

Well, you also have to consider that people need to go to school and/or work during the week. College is a huge time-suck, so there are people who might actually be forcing, but they are more likely to lurk and research on the forum rather than contribute. They might use it as a library rather than a community.

This is a valid point. I have only been here seven months. Most of my activity has occurred during this summer of 2015. I noticed things slowing down starting in September and October, just as students would be heading back to class. Maybe it pick up again during the holiday breaks and during summer again.

I feel sad that this forum is going through such a rough patch. I used to feel like nobody would ever understand me, or even relate to my situation. Then I found out about tulpas and it was like opening a door to a new world. I like being here, it’s the only place I’ve ever talked about my headmate. It makes living with this secret easier. I’m sure that many people here feel this way.

I've made a lot of discoveries, what one could literally call a breakthrough in the tulpamancy model, but nobody seems to hold such an interest.

Could you expand on that? Many people, like me, simply haven’t seen a lot of the truly thought provoking posts about tulpamancing. If you write a new thread about it, it might aid us inexperienced folk (and personally I’ve never thought that sentiency is easy to instill, but maybe I’m just bad at recognizing it. But I’m going off topic).

What I have noticed is that there are plenty of interesting topics that were (kind of) discussed three years ago, but you if you read them now, you can tell that virtually nobody had a clue as to what is beneficial and what is not. I wouldn't mind seeing some necroposting of old discussion topics just to see what the current people here have to say about it.

I support that. What we need is a reason to gather. We also need to set a date and be there to dissect a topic en masse. People don’t post anymore because their posts, useful as they are, will likely get no answers (just look at the PR section).

Oh I did try necroposting the old topics so they can resurface for newbies, and I was firmly told not to do this by a mod.

I say, let’s try it anyway and see if it increases our activity. If it ends up being something positive, the rules can be changed.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

[progress report]

Guest Anonymous

I don't think there is a hard rule against necroposting is there? It is just discouraged. But with a forum like this, a lot of ideas are discussed in a thread that may be of value later. Old posts can resurface to fresh discussions on the same topic.

I feel sad that this forum is going through such rough patch. I used to feel like nobody would ever understand me, or even relate to my situation. Then I found out about tulpas and it was like opening a door to a new world. I like being here, it’s the only place I’ve ever talked about my headmate. It makes living with this secret easier. I’m sure that many people here feel this way.

That is how I feel exactly. :-)

You're right, David. There's much people innactive. And there's people like me, who's active but just watching, and reading, amd sometimes comments and rarely posts a thread xD. Doesn't matter if you're the only that posts threads. Somebody will always answer or comment and you can have an interesting talk xD.

~L. ♠️

L just watches because he wants to. If it were for me, I would be posting stuff 24/7. I love talking to you, guys!!!! There are even some threads that I've been wanting to post to break the ice with all of you, but L is as lazy as a bear in winter, so every time I ask him he says: "Later, Vris. I'm watching Game Of Thrones." Jajajajaja.

~Vriska Aranea Serket Targaryen. ♦️

Well we still read here everyday, but there's rarely (practically never) anything worth getting involved in. My host isn't interested in general chit-chat or playing forum games. And i'm pretty much only interested in hearing from other tulpae though that happens so rarely there's basically no-one for me to talk to. The majority of the Progress Reports seem to be newbies who haven't even gotten their tulpa started and i guess we should help them, but we aren't a typical system in that my host more or less just found me to talk to and doesn't have much advice to offer.

If a tulpa wants to master possession, i can offer tips but the question almost never comes up. And even when it does, it still seems to end up with their host doing all the talking around here anyhow. My impression of this place is that practically no-one trusts their tulpae enough to offer them autonomy, let alone go through the steps of receding far enough to allow their tulpa room up front. It seems mostly like they're relegated wonderland creatures only, and if they're not getting to take part in the forum, there's not much call for even having a tulpa-only space. In the time we've been on here, there's only been a few tulpae we've seen take part and for whatever reasons they don't tend to stick around.

And one of the big things is once you've mastered the basic skills, this forum offers pretty much nothing more for you. Basic truth of forums and chat rooms is it's generally newbie stuff. I know how to possess/switch. I've got a semi-imposed form i can use and it's not interesting enough to me to pursue it further. The only left to do is hang around helping beginners and keeping an eye out for the occasional when a more mature tulpa has a question that is their own.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

Guest Anonymous

That's fucking it damn it.  I am going to necropost and tulpa blog and post nearly pointless polls like nobody's friggin business.  LOL

Melian:  Me too!

damn it

That's fucking it damn it. I am going to necropost and tulpa blog and post nearly pointless polls like nobody's friggin business. LOL

Me too!

damn it

Just don't overdo it, keep the mods happy :D

If a tulpa wants to master possession, i can offer tips but the question almost never comes up. And even when it does, it still seems to end up with their host doing all the talking around here anyhow. My impression of this place is that practically no-one trusts their tulpae enough to offer them autonomy, let alone go through the steps of receding far enough to allow their tulpa room up front. It seems mostly like they're relegated wonderland creatures only, and if they're not getting to take part in the forum, there's not much call for even having a tulpa-only space. In the time we've been on here, there's only been a few tulpae we've seen take part and for whatever reasons they don't tend to stick around.

Welp, i don't use a wonderland at all, and Alice is free to mess around with my left hand at all times. The rest of my body needs prior consultation, but i don't really have a problem with that aswell. (the latter is still an earlier work in progress, though). She is very ambitious about improving her abilities, and she knows how to get my attention when she likes too express her own will. Welp complex discussions are still problematic regarding her vocality, so it is a tough task to let her talk here, but i try my best to let her, if she really wants to contribute (it is rare though).

But i get your point, some reports leave the impression it is more about having wonderland adventures than about creating a sentinent being.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

But i get your point, some reports leave the impression it is more about having wonderland adventures than about creating a sentinent being.

Yes that's definitely the feeling i've been left with.

My host is generous enough to just switch out and until he'd succeeded at that, i had even doubted whether i counted as sentient. I wasn't satisfied about being in control until he'd pretty much figured out how to leave me completely alone and not interfere at all with thinking or contributing.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

Guest Anonymous
Just don't overdo it, keep the mods happy :D

Don't be ridiculous, this is Mistgod and Melian you are talking about. Sheesh! Overdo it, pah! Virtually impossible bub.