Confessions of a Poorly Trained Tulpa

Guest Anonymous

I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!   

12 members have voted

1. 1. I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!

• A hug for Melian, the goddess guru of grooviness.
    • I am a Minion of Melian, the groovy-guru!

Guest Anonymous

(EDIT: Who the hell is Cinemaphobe? I never talked to him at all. I didn't even know he existed.)

Anyway. What a couple of wimps to leave the forum for that! I say good riddance if they couldn't take a little bit of controversy and competing hypothesis on a "scientific forum." It's ridiculous that they were terrified and horrified of an old role playing nerd and his frilly girly thoughtform who writes in pink font and talks about painting her toe nails! How was I acting but stating my mind? I had "differing ideals." How horrid! The mods didn't do anything because I wasn't breaking any rules, just being contrary to established doctrine and being a little brash about it.

....people who were driven off by challenging opinions...

Incredibly weak!

... with differing ideals from the majority of the community, and the ability to annoy the hell out of it.

This simply backs up almost everything that was just said in this thread. THIS sort of rigidity, narrow mindedness, intolerance and weakness is what would be causing the forum to die, not anything I ever said or did. I spoke my mind and honest opinions on a discussion forum.

But overall, I've noticed this too. People come, they go, yadda yadda. When I asked Kiah about this (when he was still staff), the forum is still growing. So despite people leaving the community, more are coming to take their place. But nobody's taking my seat. I've got a butt print and everything on this seat.

I am glad to hear it Brassow. :-)

Now that we have established that I supposedly "drove away" people from the forum by saying scary things (more like they left because they couldn't take any kind of heat), lets focus on have a vibrant strong forum where anything can be on the table. That would be a real scientific forum. I never wanted anyone to leave the forum, I wanted them to talk to me and discuss things. Yes, that would be including the flaws I observed in the forum itself and the way people were acting like complete assholes (and still are) in the chatroom.

I do not believe tulpas are independent separate sentient beings. I believe they are probably some sort of unconscious process that simulates an independent mind. So friggin what? It is as valid a hypothesis as any other presented. I believe and openly admit that role playing is an aspect of proxy typing. So friggin what? If it is a scientific forum, I should be able to say these things without being personally attacked and called every vile name you can imagine from "a joke" to a "pedophile." I could be totally wrong or totally right, but what difference should my personal hypothesis make to anyone? If anyone should have been driven from the forum, it would have been me. But, although I may rage and rant, in the end, I am stronger than they are, because I am still here talking about tulpa science and they are gone.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be THAT guy, but one of my favorite users to talk/listen to (Cinemaphobe) was driven off by you.

The heck, Cinema did not leave because of Mist. He left because of the Staffs' actions, specifically the "rule" that people would be disallowed from blogging in their PRs. Prior to that, the GAT came off to him as unnecessarily rude to one of the few people attempting to make something. Both rubbed him the wrong way and provoked his leaving. Mistgod had literally nothing to do with it as far as I know, although he might have privately been annoyed by him, I didn't think so.

And uh. Amber left explicitly because of Mistgod not being banned. Ah well.

I am not saying this forum is dying yet, but if it does ever totally die, I predict that the last words to be written will be mine (or Melian's). LOL

It'll just be you and I discussing things. Tulpa.info is a part of my life, it's not something I can conceive of just leaving. To be completely honest, I fear for what would happen (or rather, not happen) to my tulpas were I to completely leave the forum. No matter how important something is to me, it's up for being left behind due to lack of motivation to do it. My tulpas are more important to me than anything else, and I still barely ever even talk to them. I just can't. Staying here, even if I'm answering the same old questions over and over, means I'll always remember to think about my tulpas. And that's not an anchor I'm willing to lose.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

It still all comes to the 1-9-90 rule of contributors verus lurkers. I don't know how many people view this site regularly, but it's an online social forum so there's always just going to be a miniscule fraction of people who actrually contribute versus how many are going to stay lurkers. It takes a particular boldness and dedication to be a 'regular' in a forum or chat that most people won't bother to put in.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

About the wonderland discussion: There is no reason not to talk about wonderlands, and getting deeper into the topic beside the general tulpa talk. Probably there is even a lack of information on that matter. I only think it is a problem, that quite some people practically forget about their tulpa development while going on wonderland adventures. They end up on "wonderland development" and their tulpa ends up as a part of said wonderland and nothing more. In the end it is their business and I don't mind it, but I think it is sad at the same time.

After all this is tulpa.info and not wonderland.info, so atleast the main target should still be aiming at tulpa development.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

The heck, Cinema did not leave because of Mist. He left because of the Staffs' actions, specifically the "rule" that people would be disallowed from blogging in their PRs. Prior to that, the GAT came off to him as unnecessarily rude to one of the few people attempting to make something. Both rubbed him the wrong way and provoked his leaving. Mistgod had literally nothing to do with it as far as I know, although he might have privately been annoyed by him, I didn't think so.

My infamy has taken on a larger than life and legendary quality. LOL I am not the devil some are painting me out to be. Like famous villains of legend, I am being given credit for calamities I never had a hand in. Also, my presence has always been viewed by some as far more sinister than it actually is. If folks would just calm down and talk about Dungeons and Dragons and the latest Star Wars movie with me, all would be well. When I put out an illogical, challenging or weird idea, just say "that's nice Mistogd, whatever dude, I disagree my friend" and move on. I am not that dangerous. When I go on an emotional rant, or Melian does, just ignore it or say "Dudes (old dude and little dudette), just calm down! You're freaking out again too much."

And uh. Amber left explicitly because of Mistgod not being banned. Ah well.

I am still not sure why he had the expectation that I would be banned or even warned. He was the one calling me an "arrogant son of a bitch" while I was always quite polite back. I never once said anything derogatory to him or about him or disrespected him or his views. In fact, I admired him. He was one of the few people who is like me with an accidental tulpa from childhood that went way back. I wanted to talk to him about that. But he left way before that could ever really happen didn't he?

EDIT: I removed some stuff here I had second thoughts about. I am not trying to rehash old drama with this thread. I am honestly wanting constructive debate on how to increase productive activity on the forum. That's all I want.

It'll just be you and I discussing things. Tulpa.info is a part of my life, it's not something I can conceive of just leaving. To be completely honest, I fear for what would happen (or rather, not happen) to my tulpas were I to completely leave the forum. No matter how important something is to me, it's up for being left behind due to lack of motivation to do it. My tulpas are more important to me than anything else, and I still barely ever even talk to them. I just can't. Staying here, even if I'm answering the same old questions over and over, means I'll always remember to think about my tulpas. And that's not an anchor I'm willing to lose.

I agree with you Lumi that I would actually feel very bad and feel a great sense of loss as well if this forum dies. I don't think it threatens Melian's existence, but it would reduce her internet presence and I would lose the venue where I can talk to so many other folks about a very unusual experience.

Mankind is not ready for this.

LOL Perhaps not! But I would love to hear what you have to say. I can take it.

About the wonderland discussion: There is no reason not to talk about wonderlands, and getting deeper into the topic beside the general tulpa talk. Probably there is even a lack of information on that matter. I only think it is a problem, that quite some people practically forget about their tulpa development while going on wonderland adventures. They end up on "wonderland development" and their tulpa ends up as a part of said wonderland and nothing more. In the end it is their business and I don't mind it, but I think it is sad at the same time.

After all this is tulpa.info and not wonderland.info, so atleast the main target should still be aiming at tulpa development.

This is a valid point about some caution in not getting too far afield from the tulpa itself.

Wow ok so perhaps i just didn't notice because I'm oblivious or something, but indeed it has gotten pretty slow here. Since you've mentioned it, i think I'll try to start writing here a bit more. Not sure what, but I'll probably find something, because i still really like this place and how incredibly useful and important tulpa can be. I want to keep that alive, maybe i have a friend or two i could invite. :3

"The number of minds in the universe is one."

- Erwin Schrodinger

Kovie, they or she. 7yo, mentally 19. active.

Vyx, they or he. 7yo, mentally 17. active.

Axen, they or he. age unknown, mentally 26. occasionally active.

Sanu, any pronouns. 5yo, mentally ageless. mostly inactive.

Leo, he/him. 6yo, mentally 21. inactive.

Guest Anonymous

Wow ok so perhaps i just didn't notice because I'm oblivious or something, but indeed it has gotten pretty slow here. Since you've mentioned it, i think I'll try to start writing here a bit more. Not sure what, but I'll probably find something, because i still really like this place and how incredibly useful and important tulpa can be. I want to keep that alive, maybe i have a friend or two i could invite. :3

Thank you Kovyx. :-) You're alright man!

@Sushi, NoneFromHell, Pioneer11, Anderson, Nyx, AracnidsGrip/Rick, Aijada, Dracky, FadingSpectrum, Kovyx, Luminesce and Sock

Well, there is evidence with this thread that the forum is far from dead! That makes me very happy.

Even know I literally joined this forum not even an hour ago, I'm down with posting regularly here because I feel like if I did, I would take myself more seriously.

Especially since I'm a legit recluse right now, no job or school to go to and I sit at home all day with my three best friends; tablet, computer, and xbox 360. Plus I'm tired of lurking and posting on tumblr. Maybe here I'll get a bit more feedback.

my PR

my art thread

tumblr tulpa log

my DA

White will talk in this color.