Confessions of a Poorly Trained Tulpa

Guest Anonymous

I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!   

12 members have voted

1. 1. I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!

• A hug for Melian, the goddess guru of grooviness.
    • I am a Minion of Melian, the groovy-guru!

There is no Mistgod way. It's my way.

I wrote a paragraph about how you're not actually trying to help anyone but your own idea of what's correct, but I checked your posts prior to all this mistgod stuff and you actually contributed to some topics. So that's not true, and I erased it.

Well, all that leaves is disagreement with your disagreement with mistgod's attempts to contribute to the forum... Well, neither of us can really say, can we? Nor Mistgod himself, of course. So aside from us, that leaves the oldies, and the newbies. And the oldies unanimously do not like him. But the newbies... I've not seen a single one that does not like him. I'd say this is because he's actually interesting and helpful, but to be fair you could say he's just good at sounding good while misleading or forcing his own opinions on them.

Well. I know in my mind it makes 100% sense that that's not true. But in yours the reverse is so. So, what now? Agree to disagree? Or, do you refuse..?

Oh my gods really? How did it come to this? I have never, ever seen Lumi like this! Holy shit!

Many, many hours without sleep. I'll be better... tomorrow.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are all trying to do something about, you fucking shithead. Mistgod is just the only one posting his retarded fucking ideas in public like an attention seeking crack whore. There are more ways than the fucking Mistgod way and to suggest the answer is "Accept your tulpas are perfect and leave this place to become a dump" is fucking retarded.

You know what this forum needs to improve?

Rules against personal attacks.

This is the first forum in which is see these kind of insults proliferating without the mods intervening. As soon as an aggressive post is being displayed, a post written only with the intent of disparaging and humiliate another member, the user in question should be temporarily banned. Do it twice, have them banned indefinitely. I’ve already seen productive discussion that went down the drain because people lost it. Now this thread has forgotten its original intent too. And for what? Nothing that could not be resolved with a clean intervention.

So I’m addressing the other users and the moderators as well: let’s implement this simple rule. It’s the only way people can talk without regressing into trolls. If these kinds of posts don’t get addressed and dealt with, this forum will become like the chat channel.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

[progress report]

Guest Anonymous

I don't force opinions on anyone. I just talk about them a lot. I have no secret agenda. There is no Mistgod conspiracy or secret society. I never try to persuade anyone that they need to believe as I do. I don't tell others their opinions about tulpas are wrong. I just say I have my own views on it. That's all. I write about Melian a lot and she writes a lot and we do art. I really, honestly do not understand how the hostility about me got so blown out of proportion. I have never experienced anything like it in all my life.

Well this thread got really silly really quick. It's sad since there was some bits of potential in it, as well.

I'm not going to try and takes sides on the Mistgod thing, as I see that this is quickly turning into another extension of that. Honestly, I don't think that even if Mistgod did get perma-banned early on for his and Melian's shenanigans, that the older members would be too inclined to coming back. Not because of some high ideal concerning science, but because they're already in a place where their friends are, where they're comfortable in, and are already familiar with the ways of basic thought folk creation, which subject is what dominates the forum at this time. As an example, I've yet to see anyone from the oldfag spots visit the .info irc chat very often since it came back to Rizon, something Sands praised publicly. At most, I've heard they stayed where they were, and complained about badges. Sure, they may visit from time to time, but going by how things are, they seem to have already settled themselves elsewhere for the most part. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, rather, I'm saying that's just how it is.

This leaves the issue of the newbie, which is, they repeatedly ask the same questions over and over again, usually stuff that's been outlined in great detail in the guides, but they either don't understand, or they don't bother reading them. This issue, is rather sticky and messy to work out. I'm not entirely sure what to do with this, being honest. We already have the newbies questions general, we have a section dedicated to guides, on the main page even. The next best thing I can suggest, is to implement a review system of some sort: When a person makes a new thread in the Q&A section, it is not posted immediately, but is put in to a que for a moderator to read. From there, the mod can either approve, or disapprove the post, pointing to the proper resource that answer's the newbies question. This puts a lot more work on the mod, but it can help mitigate the flood of "How do you visualize?".

I think there are a few nice idea thrown around, especially from folks like Aijada, concerning folks not letting their partner post much in their own words. As well as things like people only using their wonderlands as playgrounds, or wonderland adventures overtaking development. I can't say I have the answers for this, though I wish I did, it's all about the sort of atmosphere and vibe the place gives off: Are we using our created companions for more serious life-things, or are they toys? This is probably one of the more important things to ponder on. In this, I think we actually do need a few loud users to post a bunch of topics to spur conversations like this more. I think one of the issues around now is that people are either some big attention whore, or a complete lurker who won't post even when said attention whore is not present. These are the two extremes that I've seen dominate this place.

And, in all this, I think one HUGE thing people need to remember is this:

Creating a tulpa is a personal exercise.

This is the one thing that I feel people in this community seem to miss the most. It's so easy to get caught up in community issues, judging people, defending people, keeping the community alive, that they forget that if this place was only a set of guides and nothing else, people would still be able to make one. This is an exercise where you can easily find yourself being face to face with you're own subconscious, your own inner demons, your own drives and person. So in all this, why in the world are people wasting their time trying to approve others, or get approval themselves?

I'll stop here. Peace.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

So in all this, why in the world are people wasting their time trying to approve others, or get approval themselves?

There is really only one reason for that: It is easier to approve something for yourself, when you got people backing you up on it. It is about insecurity.

(But thanks for getting this thread back to topic, haha)

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

Maybe the ones in which we (tulpae) talk about... Idk... Our experiences or ways of being. Like ways of dressing, romantic/sexual relationships with hosts, etc.

~Vriska Aranea Serket Targaryen. ♦️

Great suggestion to have a tulpa generated threads category! Awesomesauce!

Guest Anonymous

Personally, I just gave up after seeing hundreds of questions that are pretty much the same. Nobody bothers to check for info before asking them. That, and I'm too busy trying to fix my own fucked up relationship with Twi to post here often. You'd think that knowledge disperses doubt, but if anything, it made her doubt her own existence. So how can one give advice on tulpas if the deeper he goes, the less he knows.

Also it irks me that some people here try to push their theories as some sort of universal fact, despite having no empirical evidence.

Don't you have better things to do with your time, OP?

Posts like this make is seem like you're posting for that sake of posting, rather than posting for the sake of contributing something useful to the community.

I'm off to go watch anime now - because that's a better way to waste my time than shitposting on tulpa.info