Confessions of a Poorly Trained Tulpa

Guest Anonymous

I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!   

12 members have voted

1. 1. I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!

• A hug for Melian, the goddess guru of grooviness.
    • I am a Minion of Melian, the groovy-guru!

Honestly I kind of agree with this statement, and would probably add that higher numbers of tulpas also mean a higher change of not having a tulpa at all.

How do i get to that conclusion? Well it is pretty easy if you think about it for a minute. Most of us who get into the tulpa business experience the struggles and difficulties it brings with it. It needs a lot of work and time to create something which could be called a tulpa.

So the first big reason for that conclusion is that some tulpas develop way faster than other tulpas. I've seen people coming here with years of forcing and nearly no results, while some people like me have already pretty intense results in just these 2 months I've stayed here. Some people even get faster results and start to create a bunch of tulpas at once.

How could you trust someone who makes ridiculous progress in a such a short time? Of course you start to suspect that they just have some active fantasy and can't tell the difference at all. The more vocal tulpas appear out of nowhere, the less easy it seems to believe them. Probably they also got a universelike wonderland with countless NPCs they're interacting with. How could someone differ between the tulpa and the nps? Some of the new people getting into this forum jump with 6 vocal tulpas into the action. You don't know them, so it get's even harder to believe.

Well the point is you can hardly judge what is really happening into your mind, and I guess most tulpamancers get some days where they question themself "Do I really have a tulpa? Am I not just making it up?" simply because it is hard to figure out the borders. Imposition plays a big role here, too. You don't know if the people around you have the same standards as you, you can't prove what they claim to be. You don't know if other people share your struggles, or are just playing around without realizing it.

If you just read through the progress report section you will certainly find some reports you can identify with, while others appear as a bad joke to you. It doesn't mean anything, though. You simply can't tell most of the time who really has tulpas and who doesn't.

Oh, i want to add something: For me "Most people here who think they have a tulpa probably don't." is a simple realization. There is no need for someone to take the credibility from someone else because of it. It is just something you should keep in mind.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

"So, let me tell you whats happening in your mind"

Nope, that do not compute.

Also, you can't estimate anything if you literally don't have any number to begin. Of course there is probability thats statement is true but we can't possibly know how bigger is it. Better just ignore that detail

I like to think most of those statements are just baits

There is no way to know if the probability statement is true. That is a fact. So those who state it as truth are just pretending to have knowledge they cannot possibly have. I see a lot of that kind of hot air here, uhm, including coming from myself. I am often full of hot air. But it is my hot air, and I like sharing it. :-)

To be honest, I don't think anything in my mind can even be considered a tulpa. I stay here because I like and use tulpa forcing techniques and I like to see what this side of the internet is doing.

You like coming here to see what the crazy tulpamancers are up to? That must be highly entertaining. LOL Danger! Someday you might make the decision to make a tulpa, and you will never, ever be the same again. :-) You will become ..... one of us... you will be ... ABSORBED.

"You will be absorbed. Your individuality will merge into the unity of good. And in your submergence into the common being of the Body, you will find contentment and fulfillment. You will experience the absolute good." -Landru

Honestly I kind of agree with this statement, and would probably add that higher numbers of tulpas also mean a higher change of not having a tulpa at all.

What if no one has a tulpa and we are all just fooling ourselves? There are four possibilities:

1. There are no truly sentient tulpas, each tulpa is merely a self delusion propagated by willingness to believe.

2. Most sentient tulpas are not authentic and genuine, but some are.

3. Most sentient tulpas are authentic and genuine, but some are not.

4. All sentient tulpas are genuine and authentic.

I tend to believe in number one. Which .... I do apologize if I offend anyone. That is not my intention as I have stated many times. It is what I believe, but I don't mean to hurt anyone in saying it. I still think tulpas rock on and rock and roll. If tulpas are an illusion trick of the mind, all we are accomplishing over time is becoming better and better out our own self delusion.

This sort of idea does come up every so often, and I will admit I've often tried to bend not only myself, but my in-folk backwards to try and fit what would be a more normal sort of experience, as not only to keep people of growing suspicious of my sincerity, but also to keep myself from falling back in to the continuous doubt that marred my progress early on. I spent a good deal of time checking up on the phenomenon at large, to really get a feel for what was going on, and possibly learn why it was going on. But, I fear the way I can tell the difference is rather vague and spotty.

It just feels different.

My experience of running in to multiple other figures, ones that were fully capable of communication without me actively making words for them, and comparing them to ones I've worked on extensively, I can just kind of tell that one has more life, shine, and presence than the other. It's kind of like comparing two candle, one having a strong flame going, and the other having embers. The weaker one can become stronger with time and effort, but until that point, it will be somewhat clear that they're still a bit lacking, especially to in-folk who have a stronger presence. You can say thus sort of thing is the focus of my own dealings in this phenomenon, I was eager to make sense of what was going on, and so I did.

How does one know they aren't making it all up? That's a question that's up to the individual. There is a base sincerity factor in this, that is, people who do earnestly put in the effort to make their construct more independent by going out of their way to let the figure act and speak on their own. But beyond that, it is difficult to tell, and at a certain point, largely useless, and even possibly harmful, assuming its about keeping the host from abandoning their walking talking head mate.

If the question is a factor of what other people are doing...that one's a big nasty can if worms. It can be useful for trying to weed out people who really aren't sincere in their practice, but after a point, it's just ego-stroking. I want to avoid the latter personally, but I don't want to disregard the purpose of the former. It would clearly be a painful experience for a a head person to find out that their friend was just a complete act by a bored individual.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Guest Anonymous

It would clearly be a painful experience for a a head person to find out that their friend was just a complete act by a bored individual.

Note: In the OP, I was not addressing lack of sincerity (or liars and fakers). They certainly may be present, but would not be part of a probability statement about those who believe they have a tulpa.

"i'm going to be gone until christmas i promise i'll stay on my ban this time guys"

literally less than 3 days later comes back and posts more controversial stuff, now adding clickbait into the mix "You probably don't have a tulpa!"

very nice

1. They were reasons for a change of mind.

2. I don't see how most of the recent posts are anyhow controversal. Most of them just build an easy (and dramafree) discussion base.

3. Well this isn't really clickbait. The title pretty much sums up the whole OP, beside that Mistgod would like an optimistic attempt more.

Guest dousanmaster

I don't think you have much of a position to judge, considering you've just joined today and don't have any notable contributions to the community yet.

nice ad hominem

when i joined literally has no relation to what i said at all

What if no one has a tulpa and we are all just fooling ourselves? There are four possibilities:

1. There are no truly sentient tulpas, each tulpa is merely a self delusion propagated by willingness to believe.

2. Most sentient tulpas are not authentic and genuine, but some are.

3. Most sentient tulpas are authentic and genuine, but some are not.

4. All sentient tulpas are genuine and authentic.

You're pretty much right with this. My point is that there is no reasoning in trying to figure out for yourself who is fooling themself and who is not. It is just unhealthy in the end.

Guest Anonymous

You're pretty much right with this. My point is that there is no reasoning in trying to figure out for yourself who is fooling themself and who is not. It is just unhealthy in the end.

Good point.

One post deleted for derailing the thread. I know this is the lounge, where anything goes, but don't we already have enough threads complaining about Mistgod? Please take any complaints about this thread to the typical Mistgod threads.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Interesting thread. Take this as you will, coming from someone who doesn't even have a Tulpa, genuine or false. Say that Tulpas aren't sentient, just a complete delusion. Say that it all follows the general idea of "tell yourself a lie enough times, and eventually it becomes true." If the "Tulpa" you created appears sentient, feels as if it is beyond your control, and acts like a separate entity, should it matter? Then it's real to you, and that's sort of the driving idea behind Tulpamancy to begin with. Of course the idea of a truly sentient Tulpa is beautiful and it would be sad if that wasn't the case, but that's just my philosophy and two cents.

Edit: And the definition of Tulpa is relatively vague to begin with, so applying such labels further complicates the phenomenon.

"Welcome to my house! Come freely. Go safely. And leave something of the happiness you bring!"

-Dracula

My tulpa's name is Vladimira. She goes by Mira.