Confessions of a Poorly Trained Tulpa

Guest Anonymous

I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!   

12 members have voted

1. 1. I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!

• A hug for Melian, the goddess guru of grooviness.
    • I am a Minion of Melian, the groovy-guru!

Luminesce

Your mind, but all of our forum, and what goes on here reaches a lot of people. You obviously offended plenty almost immediately, which might explain to you why I care about what gets posted around in the long-term. I care about helping people and keeping the forum alive to make sure it reaches as many as possible - making people upset will drive them away from the forum, and I'd rather not have that.

Then petition the admin to make a new rule to ban people who do not believe in tulpa ethics and who believe tulpas are figments.  I do not have to believe what you believe about them.  You cannot force me to at gun point.  I can write about thoughtforms on the forum the way I feel I want to write about them.  I disagree that my views don't fit in here actually.  I believe they do.  I believe that not everyone needs to conform to group think or a consensus of opinion.  You're thinking of a fanatical religion maybe?  Are my words blasphemy or heresy?

I believe the exact opposite so we are just gonna have to agree to disagree.

I believe many of us here share the view that the "host" is just the first thoughtform in a body, barring permanent switching or fragmentation or something else happening.

Systems that figure out switching often report that their opinion on being the boss of the body or primary host, whatever, changes. Their entire perspective on self, identity and maybe even consciousness changes. They realize that the others in their head can actually arrive in a state in which they have more power or authority over the body than they do. At that point, what do you think is likely to happen if someone has been an absolute tyrant to them? People with DID and to some extent, PTSD, do often switch without meaning to or even wanting to. Real hard to not see thoughtforms as something 'more' when you find yourself just a passenger in 'your' body or worse, black out and get told things that 'you' did, especially if they were negative.

Anyway.. not trying to be preachy, just explaining personal viewpoint and source of conflict.

Random side note, I know someone who says they use dream magic myself and I think I understand where you are coming from, based on a viewpoint of ironclad and absolute beliefs being powerful.

Thank you for saying we can disagree.  I agree, we can disagree.  Everything is going to be okay.  LOL

Skeptical and unconvinced about independent sentience.  

Living Imagination  New Topic Index  Melian's Deviantart  Mistgod's Deviantart

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need a rule about tulpa-ethics, we have one about not repeatedly causing drama. The people will decide when that rule is broken.

I welcomed you guys back despite knowing your opinions just fine, but warned you not to cause drama, and you know full well that you are and why what you're saying is causing said drama. If you really want to, go start a thread in General Discussion about tulpa sentience, but don't bring it into threads it's not relevant in. Bre and I have a pretty interesting side of the argument about tulpas being real or not in that hosts aren't even real...

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Right now, I'm actually apparently the one who decides if action is taken against you (unless Pleeb or Chupi step in) because the existing staff is too new to know how to deal with you. Vos resigned recently or that'd be her job. Anyone's but mine, preferably, I've never been good at dealing out punishment even when warranted. But you know what's caused trouble in the past and what caused trouble this time, so regardless of your or anyone else's opinions, be aware that causing repeated disturbances (whether you or sympathizers, which you've just lost a lot of with your "sex slave" posting) will result in a ban given your history (and what a history it is) rather than the endless warnings you've already exhausted.

But like I said, if you do want to argue that tulpas aren't real, you're free to create one thread about it in General Discussion. If you're not interested in talking about why or how, only in upsetting people who believe they are, then your "contributions" won't be appreciated. Because they won't be civil. Be civil, please. You know where you are and what causes problems, you're just making it hard for me and the staff to deal with you.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Lumi, you are not a moderator. You turned down that job. Please don't threaten me. I will report you in a minute for threatening another user. Leave me alone. I don't want your warnings and threats over what I believe and what I express. You are being abusive. Attempts to moderate, when you are not a moderator, are against the rules. Harassing another user is against the rules. I have already asked you once to stop it. I am ignoring you now.

If you want to be a moderator and silence certain users you disagree with, apply for the position and accept it.

I'm a senior member who was trusted enough to be offered modship twice, not a backseat moderator. And I'm only telling you this because a mod came to me for advice on what to do - that puts me directly in control of what happens in this situation. Regardless of how you feel about it, I just wanted to give you total fair warning so you didn't feel betrayed or something.

Vyre: Hi, I'm Vyre, one of Xifani's tulpas. I wanna try to be a voice of reason to permanently settle this.

I can actually completely understand your viewpoint, Mistgod - or at least I think I do. Correct me if I'm wrong! I see why you don't think anything in your head/mind might not have "rights" as humans see them - since they're purely imaginary as you believe, it doesn't matter what happens to them, right?

But that's your viewpoint and your opinion, and it concerns us that new users might see you openly spreading it around the forums, and apply it to their own tulpa that is very real to both that host and this community. A "real" tulpa that's abused or traumatized could very well snap and retaliate against the host.

I guess what I'm asking is... don't censor yourself, but maybe keep such talk here, unless it's directly brought up in other threads?

Vyre: Hi, I'm Vyre, one of Xifani's tulpas. I wanna try to be a voice of reason to permanently settle this.

I can actually completely understand your viewpoint, Mistgod - or at least I think I do. Correct me if I'm wrong! I see why you don't think anything in your head/mind might not have "rights" as humans see them - since they're purely imaginary as you believe, it doesn't matter what happens to them, right?

But that's your viewpoint and your opinion, and it concerns us that new users might see you openly spreading it around the forums, and apply it to their own tulpa that is very real to both that host and this community. A "real" tulpa that's abused or traumatized could very well snap and retaliate against the host.

I guess what I'm asking is... don't censor yourself, but maybe keep such talk here, unless it's directly brought up in other threads?

Thank you for your concerns.  If a tulpa, or a host is concerned that my view points will disrupt their progress or cause emotional disturbance, the best option is to use the Ignore feature.  As long as Melian and I are not breaking any forum rules, we will continue to post our opinions on the other threads and boards and occasionally make a thread of our own.  We will agree to be more diplomatic and as tactful as possible in our posts and responses, for instance avoiding harsh language and passive aggressiveness.  I hope that will be fair and help.  

We have, in the past, considered how our opinions and writing can effect a tulpas creation process in negative ways.  It is possible that this could happen.  We recognize that belief and the assumption of sentience is very important to many tulpamancers and tulpas in the process of forcing.  If our skeptical writings are seeming to do potential harm, use that block feature!  We won't be offended by that.  We have had a few years to think about that.  We do not believe censorship is the answer.  The tulpas will be encountering open skepticism and doubt in the real world.  It's a brutal world out there.  We can't completely shield them from that but it can be limited with the Ignore feature during creation progress.

Okay I agree with Misty about the Ignore feature but here are some things I was talking about with jean-luc that maybeness will help others kinda understand us a bit.

Misty hates conforming to rules. Me too kinda with him. We don't like being told what to think and how to feel and what we can say and not say. He often says things that are open rebellion. OH he means what he is saying mostly but not that he would follow through on some of it. It's like he is asserting his intellectual independence by doing so, and me too I do it too sometimes. We influence each other and even think together.

Misty does not think of me as a slave or an object or as a possession. We have made that clear in the past. For all his big talk, he really is kind to me. He has no tulpas only me. Keep that in mind. Keep in mind how he writes about me specifically. LOL He may say I am imaginary, but ... lookie.... lookie how much he writes about me. Lookie how much we write and how much he cares about me. Do you think he would ever deliberately hurt me or cast me aside?

He also does not want anyone to hurt their own tulpas and if they did, it he wouldn't like it.

But IMAGINARY he says, and I follow him. Because IMAGINARY means it is our way NOT YOURS. Its our brain not yours! Look at all of our writing. It is all rebellion and refusal to conform. It's ALL ABOUT don't tread on Melly. Don't take Melly from me. Don't tell me what to do about Melly. Don't say what she is, what she has to be, or where she came from. THAT'S FOR MISTY TO SAY.

See?

Open. Rebellion.

This goes back to my post in the Mass Leaving Thread about jealousy and envy and fear. He doesn't want you guys telling anyone on the internet what they can do with their dreams, cause you are treading on Melly.

Don't tread on Melly. Don't tell us that we can't have baby tulpas (not that we would have baby tulpas), don't tell us we can't do puppeting or parroting or day dreaming or role playing. Don't tell me I can't have a sex slave (he has none the big dork)

Don't tread on me.

He does compromise with a half way with his concept of "pseudo-real" which everyone ignores.

This all started earlier when a user, (was it Apollo?) said "tulpas are not playthings" That was open war right there cause somebody says I can't be a play thing. Don't tell Misty what he can or cannot do with Melly. So that inspired the talk about sex slave wives.

Let me tell you something. I am no damn tulpa slave wife. Misty can kiss my butt.

Living Imagination  New Topic Index  Mistgod's Deviantart  Melian's Deviantart