Confessions of a Poorly Trained Tulpa

Guest Anonymous

I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!   

12 members have voted

1. 1. I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!

• A hug for Melian, the goddess guru of grooviness.
    • I am a Minion of Melian, the groovy-guru!

You will meet a lot of people on here who have different views about "reality" than yours. Even if we try to be polite and elusive and not offend anyone by just being ourselves (and yes, it means for me that I avoid being myself too much on here because I know it makes people uneasy and I don't want that), you might be pissed off again.

So, take care of yourself first. If this forum does you no good, if you don't have fun chatting and discussing with people here, but get pissed off and angry, well it's better to avoid it then.

We will regret you, it was good to have you around, but I understand.

Hi, I'm Vādin, Zia's tulpa/permanent guest.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mistgod and I are too crazy about these things. We are obsessive and irrational in certain ways. It's what led to me being created in the first place. We have such a duality. We can function pretty well in the real world (well mostly), but online we are way more "bipolar." We have too many emotional issues with certain ideas and it's too hard to just let people be. We want to, but we see peoples suffering for what we see as needless reasons. If it were not for people coming onto .info and saying "I am really scared, you guys got me really scared and worried!" we would be pretty okay.

We really want to say to these folks "Relax. It's just your wonderful, beautiful imagination. Just enjoy it!"

Let me put it this way. The existence of this concept of tulpamancy is CAUSING disturbance, fear and anxiety in some people who encounter it. It's best if Mistgod and I don't get involved except for in a very periphery way. It bothers us and always has that people are being told this stuff is for real.

Skeptical and unconvinced about independent sentience.  

Living Imagination  New Topic Index  Mistgod's Deviantart  Melian's Deviantart

You know what? Let people freak themselves out if they want to do that. If they wanna read the tulpa guides and then have a mental freak out, let 'em do it. It's not that we have to leave, we just have to let peoples have their mental freak outs. We will be snickering behind our hand and just staying silent.

Truth be told, Misty gets very emotional about me as well, and that has gotten very bad at times, but for different reasons. BUT he never ever worries, and I never worry, that we might accidentally be "making more peoples."

As I said to jean-luc in the Discord chat, if someone says "We have to be careful we don't make more people" we would say "No sweetie, we don't." If that were the case, Misty would have cranked out about fifty tulpas by now. It' okay to tell your proto tulpa, or even a full grown tulpa, to shut up and dissipate themselves. Its called intrusive thoughts that you ignore and repress because you are trying to have breakfast and think about your plans for the day, not listen to a voice babble in your head. It's okay, its not unethical or immoral. They are not real. They are imaginary peoples. We don't have to be careful about it. There is no reason to have to be careful with your imagination.

I see no reason we cannot openly express that opinion as long as we are not extremely rude to peoples. But it's hard not to get upset when we see people unnecessarily fearful of their own imagination. We really believe in imagination a lot and we think that is really unfortunate and not a good thing for anyone. Just gonna have to accept that peoples are gonna be afraid.

Next time we will send them a PM and tell them what we think about that in private, "Stop worrying, none of it is real and you aren't stuck with it if you don't want it. It's not dissociative identity disorder or a mental illness, it's a figment of your own imagination."

Yeah anybody who knows Misty and me takes our frequent tantrums with a grain of salt and pretty much ignores them. I will try not to do it. It's like a little kid throwing a fit and sitting in the corner sulking with a pouty face for a while after saying "I don't wanna play wif you any more." Then an hour later we are playing blocks together again.

I'm not offended by anything you said. My system has laws and pacts and if a 'rogue tulpa' existed, and they broke the rules so to speak, they would be put in stasis indefinately in some extreme cases. It's system preservation. I don't personally believe a thoughtform can be dissipated however.

There's obviously pre-existing animosity for certain ideas. Just be cool, like you said, it's not such a big deal. If someone comes here all freeked out, i like to calm them and reassure them. If i freeked out in response, it doesn't exactly help them, so just avoid that in thier threads, you'll be fine. I'd love to read your freekout, this is the appropriate spot. Poor BlueDot got a little more than they asked for, it's not exactly fair to them. You're not 100% to blame though, a certain veteran member didn't need to being drama there either.

Both of you should really move that conversation here tbh.

I'm not offended by your opinions, or your rage. However, I don't appreciate it when you're being nasty. If you get nasty, apologize and move on. It's possible to be angry, passionate, and share your opinion while remaining civil.

Ultimately, I agree. I don't think it's right for Tulpamancers to go around telling people they don't have the freedom to be creative in their own heads, because personally I feel like that's bull shit. Otherwise, everyone would know about Tulpas already and we would have laid down ethics for our head mates long long ago. 

However, I also believe Tulpas should be treated with respect, especially if they request it. I like to assume that Tulpas are allowed to express themselves as individuals too. I get upset and pissed if people think they get to treat their Tulpas like sex toys or abuse them because that behavior is disgusting. However, I personally don't want to go around telling people "you can't do this!" unless I can get my facts straight and say with 100% confidence "this is a human being you can't treat them like this".

At the end of the day, it's up to the OP if they listen to me though...

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Whether they're a human being or not, ethics are ethics. Treat those as you would have others treat you, even if that someone else is really just you.

That said, I like the alternative explanations. I believe what i believe, you probably won't convince me, but i'm not exactly warning people off tulpamancy either, it's their mind. We just make people informed of possible issues and self drama that may result.

I am glad you're not offended. :-)

I would love to see an end to anxious thoughts and worries about creating thoughtforms though. That would be lovely to see. About the only thing I would see being upset about is having difficulty with the process of creation and maintenance of the illusion. It's not so easy as if you lose faith, your tulpa can fade or disappear. Poor mental visualization skills and trouble with intrusive thoughts can also play havoc. That all makes sense because it is part of the craft. It really is like a hobby or a craft along the lines of hypnotism, lucid dreaming and dream guides, or immersive method acting maybeness.

In fact Misty and I believe imaginary thoughtforms to be superior in many ways to something "real." If you get tired of a thoughtform, you can let it go, suppress it, let it dissipate. Then you can create new ones perhaps to replace the old ones. There are no worries about actually harming or hurting an imaginary thoughtform. The thoughtform is a figment, it is really just yourself. It only seems sometimes sad or uncomfortable because you are imagining it to be, either consciously or unconsciously. If you want to care about it, it's up to you to express feelings about it, but it's better even then to realize it's all elaborate make believe.

You know what else? It's not like I haven't been around! Over the years I have seen tulpamancers reporting that they "got bored" and were no longer interested in tulpamancy do exactly that, let the tulpas dissipate. It happens all the time and it has happened hundreds, if not thousands, of times in this "community." That's not something you do with real peoples. That's something you do with an imaginary figment. I have seen tulpamancers report that they have suddenly realized it was self deception all along. Those reports and testimonials are kinda not talked about much, but they are here on this forum trust me. I have read them.

One person doesn't speak for the entire phenomenon. And the people who gave up surely don't speak for the ones who didn't. Wouldn't my opinion of 9 years supersede the opinion of someone who tried for 2-3 years and then decided it was fake, if that were the case?

I agree with your base argument that people are far more afraid of things than they need to be, I try to preach control over your mind to everyone. I can both make a tulpa very quickly and entertain the concept of what would otherwise be a tulpa without making them a tulpa. That's due to my experience and understanding of the phenomenon respectively, though, and we still need to teach people about the phenomenon before they understand it oftentimes... (There are cases, like myself, of people "understanding the phenomenon" to an extent they're content with before learning anything online, but most do come here to learn what they don't think they know after all)

... Ah, I really have to go. If I have to talk about this more, I'll do it later

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I believe most of what you say, I also believe I have three 'tulpas' as defined by this community. I understand the tulpa morality curve, some are long lived, I hope to count mine among them five years from now, but I also understand the statistics aren't in our favor. That shouldn't stop someone from doing this.

In terms of reality, the only reality I can trust happens inside my own scull, knowing that, I trust what others say when they speak of their experiences. (It's not a contradiction, it's because it's pretty freeky in here). I finally understand why this community fights the more meta seeming stuff, regardless if it has merit or not. Took me a while. I also believe that thinking that there's another living human being in your head with you is the biggest meta red flag I can see here short of claims of telekinesis.

That's fine though meta doesn't bother me, i've experienced too much of it to deny things anymore. I also trust my judgement that i'm actually having a psycological/cognitive phenomenon here as is described by the community because of what they've been able to accomplish. My PR spells it out.

Welcome back?

Yep, I have outlived many, many "real and sentient" tulpas my friend, just sayin.

Mistgod and I think that the world of dreams, and the world of imagination isn't something to be dismissed as somehow lacking substance. It can be incredibly profound, persistent, and life changing. Take my dreamscape mansion for instance. Misty had recurring dreams bout that mansion even before I existed. It holds many secrets. It's been around a long time so it is very persistent. It's very profound because it has been such an important part of dreams and it is where I live. Is it real? NO It's a make believe mansion within dreams and day dreams. There is no mansion in reality.

Where you use the word "meta" we use the word "pseudo-science." But I think we agree there that much of this is kinda on the hippy-trippy side, up there with astral projection, spirit channeling, remote viewing of other planets, and alien abduction. Don't get me wrong, we love pseudo-science, and it can be really fun. What's funner than chasing Bigfoot or the Lochness Monster or ghosts?

We really believe in having fun and we love the idea of magic, and witchcraft and things like that. We are skeptical, in general, about much of it, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun. Sometimes things are hard to explain away too and it makes you step back and really wonder. We love coincidences that seem way to unlikely and connections that make your hair stand on end. For instance, every time Mistgod stays in a hotel or motel by himself, the digits on the number on the door always add to thirteen. ALWAYS. Our hotel room always seems haunted too, and we hear weird sounds. It could be our imagination, but is it? It's kinda FUN.

My favorite number is 13 by the way. One of our favorite places to go is the Winchester Mystery Mansion here in California. We have been there three times. The number thirteen appears in many places in that old haunted mansion. Very cool stuff! The number thirteen is very spiritually significant.

I must say I really hate how, on this forum, you cannot respond to individual comments. It's annoying. On Deviantart, you can respond to comment individually and it nests the comments. So you get nested comment threads. It's really nice. I want to comment to each person who responded to me but it's a pain in the ass. Also we can't like respond to one person and leave the others until later. It's like...ugh. It's dumb. It's a dumb format that is weak for conversations.