Minecraft server

Dog

Modded or Vanilla?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Modded or Vanilla?

Actually, modpacks are harder to run than vanilla, so that could stop some people from enjoying the game honestly. Just make sure you get Optifine along with the modpack and play with min settings. If your computer can run games at all, you might be able to play. I played MC with 24 fps for like two years.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has equivalent exchange but it received a huge update and is pretty different from the last versions. There is also a mod that lets you make large chests, idk the specific mod though.

I don't think you should use modpacks. Using plugins from bukkit is fine, but not game-changing mods you need to download. Get a rollback plugin (that can identify the user who broke or placed a block, then undoing what that player did) and perhaps a few fun ones... and you should be fine. Ah, and also a plugin that can make it so that players cannot place blocks at spawn. Naturally, there's going to be a few people who grief, so make sure you get a few mods who will get off their butts to rollback griefs.

:)

I don`t really play minecraft,but if this becomes a thing I might just join.For the mod pack I recommend the Yogspack,something for everyone in there.

Host:GlassJustice

Tulpa:[Cassandra]

I'd play on a vanilla server or something on the technic launcher... people do bring up a good point about others possibly not being able to do stuff with mods, though. I vote vanilla :p

Markus is the tulpa, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Markus speaks in Blue!

It seems like you can install optifine in the tekkit pack even though it doesn't come installed by default, so that would help people with slow computers. I get around the same fps with vanilla and tekkit w/o optifine, but it may be different for other computers.

Honestly, I can't play a vanilla server at this point. I have like four thousand hours of Minecraft, and I've seen literally everything before. If I wanted to play a vanilla server with some chill people, I'd go play the Touhoucraft server that has the added bonus of having the most amazing builds I've seen in my entire life. Last time I played vanilla with my friends, we went so far as to make nether transportation to the rare biomes/landscapes and made massive storages of all of the items. There's just nothing left for me. At least in modpacks there are new ways to make progress other than diamonds, diamonds, more diamonds.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I agree, vanilla has no purpose or goal that presents any real challenge anymore.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033