Why do you like hanging out with him/her/them/hir?

ReisOtherHalf

Why do we enjoy hanging around our tulpae (or our hosts, coming back the other way if you like)? What would you say their best qualities are?

For Rei, I'd have to say it's her incredible, unwavering kindness, coupled with her passion, determination and fortitude, her sense of adventure, along with her blatant disregard for stereotypes, social norms and contempt for naysayers. (Also, her ears are incredibly cute...)

For Tove, it's her wit, her cleverness, her precociousness, her unshakeable optimism and the fact that she's not jaded (yet, and I hope the time never comes that she becomes jaded).

What about the rest of you?

Rei: more than a tulpa-she's a crisis counselor, an art therapist, a dietician, a relationship coach, a team morale expert, an athlete, an adventurer, a hawt wife, an incredible lover, an amazing mom, my best friend.

Tove: she's not a little tigress anymore! She's still the go-to gal for soccer advice and creative inspiration, especially monster design and all things cinematic...congrats on your engagement!

For Rei, I'd have to say it's her incredible, unwavering kindness, coupled with her passion, determination and fortitude, her sense of adventure, along with her blatant disregard for stereotypes, social norms and contempt for naysayers. (Also, her ears are incredibly cute...)

Add a "sen" to that Rei and that's how I'd describe Reisen, except the adventurous and contemptuous parts. She's more of a I'll-support-you-in-whatever-you-do than a let's-go-do-something type of person. Lucilyn makes us do stuff all the time though.

Reisen helps raise me to a state of love, Flandre does that too in a more human/emotional way, Tewi gets things done, and Lucilyn is always so dang eager to just do things and have fun. Spending time with any of them makes me feel good, like spending time with your friends, just knowing you're doing something with someone who enjoys your company. And there's a little bit of atoning for the lack of attention I give them because I'm so lazy, too.

My tulpas' general answers seem to boil down to "To experience love", or just "Togetherness". After that, "To help". That's equivalent to my reasons, I guess, if you consider improving my life the same as developing them.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Me and Cassandra both agree that each others best traits,and thus,why we like to hang out with each other,are our shared rationality.For without rationality,how can we be moral,and without morality,how can we love?~Me

[God damn that`s poetic]~Cassandra

Why thank you.~Me

Host:GlassJustice

Tulpa:[Cassandra]

Because she does not want to merry me to feel socially secure and do not want to have my children to satisfy reproduction instinct. Because she is not my family. Because she have NO reason to actually care about me - but she does. This is the true selfless feeling, and for it i am indebted to her. It is for this i must make her existence as comfortable as possible.

Because she agrees with my outrageous philosophy that defies most social norms and morals. Because she thinks about things, instead of just accepting or dismising them.

I will see if i can make Tsuna write something.

Tumblr pronouns? Really?

Anyway, I like hanging out with Luna because she's a funny and interesting person, and her legendarily bad puns can actually make me laugh sometimes, even when it seems to everyone around me that I'm laughing at nothing at all. Also, she really gets me, which is more than I can say about most of my other friends.

Elise is a clever girl who, as Rei's host mentioned, she's optimistic and isn't jaded to the world like the rest of us are. And Naomi might seem cold and distant most of the time, but I find her outlook on life and her philosophy about things in general to be elegantly simple, which is good because mine isn't.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Guest Anonymous

I have a never ending crush on my tulpa Melian. It feels like an intense high school crush that has not ebbed in 38 years. She is also humorous and makes me laugh. She is light hearted and happy, so she makes me feel good and keeps me thinking positive! ~Mistgod

Tumblr pronouns? Really?

Yeah well...

(I seem to remember a few genderless tulpae on here; it seemed to be more polite to dip into Tumblr's own curious brand of Newspeak rather than unintentionally exclude anyone...)

Anyway, you touched on something I foolishly omitted: being understood. This alone is priceless.

Rei: more than a tulpa-she's a crisis counselor, an art therapist, a dietician, a relationship coach, a team morale expert, an athlete, an adventurer, a hawt wife, an incredible lover, an amazing mom, my best friend.

Tove: she's not a little tigress anymore! She's still the go-to gal for soccer advice and creative inspiration, especially monster design and all things cinematic...congrats on your engagement!

I just like that he can come to a different conclusion about shit even though we're processing the same information, if you get what I mean. It can be nice to get advice or an appraisal from someone who knows the nuances of the situation. We seem to think a lot differently, there's viewpoints that Chris holds and reminds me of that I wouldn't really consider if he wasn't actively bringing them to my attention. He's got a more impartial mindset, I guess. Other than that, when we're at the gym, it makes a world of difference to have someone else spurring me on, especially once I get toward the end of a set.

It's not even just like, a specific group of traits or anything, it's just the solidarity. He's pretty loyal and puts up with a lot of my bullshit, and that's all I can really ask for from a bro.

We're all gonna make it brah.

It feels like an intense high school crush that has not ebbed...

I know the feeling.

38 years is a good long run; I bet you two have had a lot of good times together...

• 2 weeks later...

She has a very sassy, sarcastic personality, to the point where it's amusing. Anytime I don't want to do something, she'll insist endlessly that I do, or randomly suggest a prank.

It's quite hilarious.