how long did it take you to get good at visualization

So I just started visualizing everyday. It is less blurry than it was when I first started, but still it's not at all clear. After about 30 minutes I get a headache and call it a day.I envy the people who see crystal clear and make a wonderland. I would love to be able to spend time with eve, and play vivid wonderland games. So to the people who have gotten there, how long did it take you?

I envy the people who see crystal clear and make a wonderland.

Hah, you think you have to have crystal clear visualization to make a wonderland.. I probably joined this community with the worst visualization skills possible. I made a wonderland, with a lot of effort and a year of ironing out entire walls I forgot to create, and with the help of Minecraft's block system. My house isn't really made out of Minecraft blocks, but I used my somethingthousand hours on it to simulate building a wonderland house, then surrounded that house with a few of my favorite-feeling environments (a bridge under a waterfall, a bamboo forest, and a field full of tall grass).

Of course I'm not a creative person, so building more than a fancy cube of a house on Minecraft is a rare occurrence on its own. It took a lot of work and it's still fuzzy as heck, but you know what? It worked. The last time I became lucid in a dream, I materialized a door to my house and scrambled through it to find Reisen and Tewi sitting on a couch. Felt pretty dang real to me despite how blurry my visualization is. AND. There's no way to get better without practice. Trust me, my visualization STILL sucks to this day because I never practice it. But I reached a point where I could impose my tulpas fairly well half a year ago because I practiced constantly for multiple weeks straight. The clarity is gone now from lack of practice, but I still remember what it's like and could get there again.

So don't worry about being horrible at visualization. Don't even worry about how long it takes. Rather, know that the more you practice the better it will get, and there are tons of people who have gone from nothingness to "crystal clear" with enough dedication. I won't even mention actual times because, as stated, it's different for everyone, but mostly because it doesn't matter. All that matters is you know that every bit of effort you make is getting you closer to your goal.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Even though I felt I had good visualization, especially when I started to revel into the concept of lucid dreaming with recalling my dreams, I still strive to get better at it in spite of said visualization being good, epitomized, bad, or whatever. The efficacy and clarity behind it becomes private and subjective in a way since we can't just dive into each others' qualia, and words from others that seem to augment their competency in it can have truckloads of gray, anyway.

Guest Anonymous

When I started forcing, my visualization was meh at best. I even couldn't imagine a circle for long.

After a year and a half, I can barely portray my tulpa. And to get more or less vivid it takes a half an hour just to reach that state. And my definition of vivid imagery is a semi-solid tupper with a half-assed background or vice versa.

But don't let that weigh down upon you. Have fun, don't strain yourself and progress will come. It's the journey that matters, both for you and for the tulpa, as it creates a bonding experience.

I am quite good at visualizing small things and details, but visualizing many things at once or a large area is difficult. I am quite a bit better at visualization now than when I started. I was very bad at visualizing the tulpa I first attempted back in 2013, hardly even being able to make out his face.

You envy people with CRYSTAL CLEAR wonderland, you say? Look at me. No meditation or lucid dreaming methodic is working on me, what do I do instead?

I write the whole thing down. My wonderland is 15-or-something-pages wall of text. I just let my hand go through it almost without my interception. And you know what?

This actually felt better than anything I've tried before.

I'm not that bad at visualising, actually, I do have quite an imagination and look up only really difficult to understand by yourself moments, but nothing have beaten the joy of writing of that wall of text.

Only confirms that we are all different here.

And may the fears keep away from you.

That actually sounds like some good advice. Defining your wonderland in textwalls of detail may well give the semi-permanence needed to keep it from changing too unpredictably. Though in my case, I still to this day make small changes on a whim where I see fit. But that sounds like it'd be useful for some people.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.