My stance on the "Tulpa"

Satan

What a meaningless idea this is, the "tulpa," it is the same thing as role-playing.

Yet many seem to take it far too seriously, this I find troubling.

It is not the result of a mental disorder, it is not the result of having multiple personalities, no - the "tulpa" cannot be the result of a tulpa but rather be 'created', but rather 'vent' through its 'host.'

Creating and Making are the same thing, and when you make something through your mind, we call that 'making up' something; often times people try to reject that you can 'make up' a tulpa, yet the same people I've seen reject that do not hesitate to say you 'create' a tulpa.

Had you a personality disorder, and there truly were multiple personas living within your mind, being a male and claiming this "tulpa" to be a female does not make it a female if it can only be expressed through you. If you have an x chromosome and a y chromosome, you are a male regardless of any personalities in your head, the sex of a person is physical.

While it is claimed that the "tulpa" is created by the person who lives as it, is creating a character and making up a character not the same thing?

Some may argue that a "tulpa" is different from role-playing as role-playing tends to require a backstory on the world around the character as well as events that may have happened, this is simply role-playing as a different being in the world we live in.

I have heard the argument

Create means to spend time developing one, to give it sentience
when that is SYNONYMOUS to spending time making up a backstory to make it seem more real.

It is incredibly foolish how many people seem to buy into something that does nothing more than re-label the idea of an imaginary friend!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A tulpa can take over as dominant personality! And btw, the closest comparison to tulpa creation is creation of any mind in any human, like an infant gets treated as sentient and thrown stimualtion at untill it can think coherently(Only real difference there is that infants also kind of require a bunch of biological growth). You seem to not know what your talking about somewhere around at all.

Shade is the tulpa, [stuff]=her. Her form is: pegasus mlp pony with dark grey coat and black mane and tail.

It's a troll, don't acknowledge them. Note the "foolish" and "many seem to take _____ seriously!"

If someone with these opinions just happened to make an account and first post in this style wanting legitimate debate, then they'd need a much better approach than this. It's a troll whether they're trolling or not.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

What a meaningless idea this is, the "tulpa," it is the same thing as role-playing.

Yet many seem to take it entirely seriously!

It is not the result of a mental disorder, it is not the result of having multiple personalities, no - the "tulpa" cannot take over as a dominant personality, but rather 'vent' through its 'host.'

Had you a personality disorder, and there truly were multiple personas living within your mind, being a male and claiming this "tulpa" to be a female does not make it a female if it can only be expressed through you. If you have an x chromosome and a y chromosome, you are a male regardless of any personalities in your head, the gender of a person is physical.

Some people born right handed, some left handed, some ambidexterous. Yet you can learn how to operate non-dominant hand with enough practice, so it is as good (in some countries there was practice of teaching left-handed children to use right hand and it worked - many of them became right-handed).

Physical are only chain this world cast on you - have you the strenght to break them?

While it is claimed that the "tulpa" is created by the person who lives as it, is creating a character and making up a character not the same thing?

When you walk into the room and hit the light switch you dont think where is the switch, how to operate it or what the result will be. This is habit. I hope i will not offend anyone if i say that tulpa is super-complicated habit (as human is super-complicated amoeba). When you roleplay you think about the characer (even if you are "in character"), tulpa functions independently just as you habits do. You will have to put effort to stop a habit, same with tulpa.

Please stop trolling and creating smurf accounts.

Don't feed em, peoples.

It looks to me like what fourteen year-olds do when trying to play the old, intelligent guy. No distinctive flare to the writing other than "I am aged, and also intelligent! I know how to use my words in a manor that masks any aggression that I may have for the topic at hand! Non-aggressive exclamation marks on the internet, big words and henceforth, etc., etc., I'm also a faggot". Oh, also what Reisin said.

OP is butt, ignore him guise.

Honestly the only reason i replied is that i just obsessive felt that i needed to type something when i was reading this thread XD

Shade is the tulpa, [stuff]=her. Her form is: pegasus mlp pony with dark grey coat and black mane and tail.

"Some people born right handed, some left handed, some ambidexterous. Yet you can learn how to operate non-dominant hand with enough practice, so it is as good (in some countries there was practice of teaching left-handed children to use right hand and it worked - many of them became right-handed)."

Of course you can try writing with your left hand even if your right hand is dominant, what is your point here? That does not relate to any of my arguments, it's completely irrelevant!

"If someone with these opinions just happened to make an account and first post in this style wanting legitimate debate, then they'd need a much better approach than this. It's a troll whether they're trolling or not."

You say I need a better approach, yet you have not attempted to debunk any of my arguments, all you did was claim I was a "troll" for finding the idea of a "tulpa" to be ridiculous.

"When you walk into the room and hit the light switch you dont think where is the switch, how to operate it or what the result will be. This is habit. I hope i will not offend anyone if i say that tulpa is super-complicated habit (as human is super-complicated amoeba). When you roleplay you think about the characer (even if you are "in character"), tulpa functions independently just as you habits do. You will have to put effort to stop a habit, same with tulpa."

Yes, it can become habit to act as if you are another person, a "tulpa," but what does that even have to do with anything that I've posted?

"there's no need to be anti transgender"

There is no need to act as if a "tulpa" exists when it is synonymous to role-playing!

"It looks to me like what fourteen year-olds do when trying to play the old, intelligent guy. No distinctive flare to the writing other than "I am aged, and also intelligent! I know how to use my words in a manor that masks any aggression that I may have for the topic at hand! Non-aggressive exclamation marks on the internet, big words and henceforth, etc., etc., I'm also a faggot". Oh, also what Reisin said.

OP is butt, ignore him guise."

You act as if I'm trying to be "intelligent" for using exclamation marks without using any derogatory words, yet you've also tried to claim my age, claim that I am doing this solely to appear intelligent, and claim that I am also a "butt."

I can assume you don't know what a fallacy is, nor do you know what should and should not be done in area formal debate, because you've just committed everything from ad-hominem to name-calling.

You say I need a better approach, yet you have not attempted to debunk any of my arguments, all you did was claim I was a "troll" for finding the idea of a "tulpa" to be ridiculous.

It's been done a thousand times. This newbie with a troll account (Satan was born 6/6/66!) whose first post challenges basic community beliefs and then pretends to make actual points afterward thing, it's been done before.

I don't care if you're like the last guy and you legitimately want to learn about the subject and this is just how you know best to do it - I'm not taking you seriously. I have no obligation to sit down and explain all of my beliefs and why I hold them to you. If you really cared, as a skeptic going out of their way to declare their skepticism often does for the possibility of being proven wrong, you'd do some research rather than challenge the whole community. You're either trolling or ignorant, and either way you don't deserve actual effort in your responses.

If you're serious, lurk more and come back with a less "I am a troll, feed me" a(ccount)ttitude. But you're probably not. So enjoy the responses.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

You act as if I'm trying to be "intelligent" for using exclamation marks without using any derogatory words, yet you've also tried to claim my age, claim that I am doing this solely to appear intelligent, and claim that I am also a "butt."

I can assume you don't know what a fallacy is, nor do you know what should and should not be done in area formal debate, because you've just committed everything from ad-hominem to name-calling.

Am aware, not caring because once you start bitching and moaning about what's a fallacy and what's not, your credibility is reduced to "The guy who can't hold his own in any regard except for calling other people's fuckups out". I'm not trying to have some intellectual debate here, I'm insulting some dude on the internet. Oh, I also never even took a shot at your age. You could be ninety, and doing what fourteen year-olds do to try and seem wise, and aged. Maybe try to work up on the reading comprehension, yeah?

Defer to Reisen's post. If you can prove you're not a troll (and everything from the way you write, to your profile information adds to the belief you are), I, and everyone else will actually try communicating with you. But as has been said, this song and dance is getting old on good ol' .info.

Until then, if it does so make you happy, I'll only insult you based on the things you've given me. Being "Satan", and being born on "6-6-66" because edgy (And also being fourteen years old cough cough).

Come back when you don't look like a troll.