Satan

My stance on the "Tulpa"

I'm actually kind of impressed that you managed to use the chromosome argument in something that has nothing to do with gender identity. Everything else is pretty unoriginal.

Of course you can try writing with your left hand even if your right hand is dominant, what is your point here? That does not relate to any of my arguments, it's completely irrelevant!

Dominant hand is genetical predisposition, just as gender is. Figure the rest yourself.

Yes, it can become habit to act as if you are another person, a "tulpa," but what does that even have to do with anything that I've posted?

There is no need to act as if a "tulpa" exists when it is synonymous to role-playing!

So when you turn the switch on you "roleplay" a wizard that magically creates light or something? I mean thats cool, but i dont think many people do this.

Yawn.

No, we can't prove tulpas, nor can you disprove them. Yet, there is enough subjective proof to us that we are committed to the delusion. The end, nothing more to see here, bye bye, have a good night.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

Guest Anonymous

TL;DR "Hurr, I don't like thing."

Man, I've been waiting for a messiah like you to open my eyes. How couldn't I see that I was talking to myself all that time. Better an hero ASAP.

Just out of curiosity, what answer did you expect other than: "gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it 8/8"?

that_b8_is_gr8.png

Wrong! Your own sense of self is as much of a delusion as a 'tulpa's' is. They're both an imaginary collection of stories and opinions that you completely make up. The difference being most people go their entire life not realizing that who they think they are is an illusion.

Will the BBB please buy my guide. [advertising link scrubbed]

Wrong! Your own sense of self is as much of a delusion as a 'tulpa's' is. They're both an imaginary collection of stories and opinions that you completely make up. The difference being most people go their entire life not realizing that who they think they are is an illusion.

As much as I don't want to keep adding wood to this thread...

I wouldn't think that sentience, or sense of self is an illusion created from the collection of stories or opinions. Memories/stores, or more preferably, experience, is simply a collection of knowledge from what we have interacted with. Sure, some of that knowledge could help you define what being ourselves is: Like how babies have a sense of self, but are not fully aware of it because they do not know what it means entirely. So, if you take away the memories of a person, and they will still have a sense of self, how ever no past.

Much like how a computer may work: Results from a computer program are compiled from data previously saved from other results. Delete the data, and the program will continue, but without the previous data on which it can build on it's new set of results.

Sense of self, in the real world at least, comes from having enough complex brain matter to create a sentient being.

Never give in! Never surrender! We fight till the end! For the Hiigarans!

This extremely loud and ill-informed display is disappointing. I wonder what makes this person feel threatened and/or offended by people who don't think in the exact same way as them.

Imaginary friends are not 'unreal' or foolish. Did you get bullied for having an imaginary friend or something?

In response to Reisen & Enny,

If you say you've been able to logically debunk the things that I have said countless times,

Then why would it be such a hassle to do it again?

Why is it that you are so hesitant?

In response to Ichtys, I had honestly hoped that someone would actually be able to show me that perhaps this concept of a "tulpa" actually is something having a title (considering from what I can gather, it's nothing more than a made-up word that literally serves no purpose other than re-labeling role-playing and imaginary friends).

When I posted this, I knew people probably would assume I was wrong, but I was actually hoping people could tell me HOW it is that I was wrong. So far, that has yet to happen.

It's not re-labeling or roleplaying imaginary friends. The reasoning is because unlike imaginary friends, tulpas can actually think on their own, talk on their own, and do things on their own will without you controlling them. It's like talking to and interacting with an everyday individual, only within your head. It's like two separate consciouses living in one physical body together.

But I mean really, there is no way to prove it if you haven't experienced it yourself. It isn't anything you can prove or show to others.

In response to Lord Tourettes,

First, I'd like to say that I appreciate that you took the liberty of supplying a genuine reply instead of labeling my post as bait, that seems to be rather uncommon so far.

As for your response, if the tulpa can entirely think for itself in a way that 100% of the time is COMPLETELY separate from the host body, then that qualifies as Multiple Personality Disorder (aka dissociative identity disorder)

Often times people with that disorder have trouble proving it to others, which makes sense, but it is real.

But if the tulpa is completely separate from other personalities within your mind, then why call it a "tulpa" instead of simply referring to it as a personality? Why are these terms apparently not synonymous?

Some state that you can "create" a tulpa, and that often times is simply making one up, how is that a tulpa and not simply role-playing? If you do role-playing in the real world, it wouldn't be hard to eventually know your separate persona so hard that it eventually starts developing personality traits on its own, but in the end you are one individual.