Force Forcing buddies! (also: Ideas for a name for this!)

jean-luc

What's that thing that you absolutely have to do to make a tulpa? Force!

What's that thing that you always forget to/avoid doing? Force!

What's the solution? Force Forcing buddies! (okay it maybe needs a new name)

Here's the idea: People partner up to pester eachother to force via PM.

Eg:[hidden]

A: Hey when are you gonna force?

B: I dunno

A: Decide on a time!

B: Fine, 17:30 PST tomorrow

A: Alright

[tomorrow @ 18:30]

A: Did you force?

B: Yeah.

A: What did you do?

B: Well, uh, you see, I did, uhm... stuff

A: You LIED to me!? How could you! Go force right now! Get off your computer!

[19:30]

B: Alright, we went and played in a castle and bla bla bla and how about you?

A: Well, erm, you see

B: DAMNIT AFTER ALL THE SHIT YOU GAVE ME? GO FORCE NAO

I'm not selling this very well am I... but they got to forcing see! it's good!

[/hidden]

What do you all think?

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

If someone needs a forcing buddy to make them force, they probably shouldn't be making a tulpa in the first place

Well I think it's a good idea.

During NaNoWriMo people do lots of word races. There are individual word races -- like two people race to 10,000 words. And then there are more regional word races, like Middleton racing with Baskerville to 1,000,000 words, or maybe a US State will take on a small country or something. Like all of NaNoWriMo, people judge themselves, and there are no prizes, but it's fun and it motivates people to work.

Maybe something like that would work well for forcing too. It could be on the forcing-buddy level, or there could be larger teams.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

There are individual word races -- like two people race to 10,000 words.

First to 10, 20, 50 hours gets the bragging rights? I like it!

[align=right]The songs carried on and began to grow long as the moon watched it all from above

And the old ripened berries and the juniper fairies delivered their gifts and their love.[/align]

If someone needs a forcing buddy to make them force, they probably shouldn't be making a tulpa in the first place

It could be used as a motivational tool, though. And it might even be something close to Reddit's mentoring system if people are willing to share personal experiences + give advice.

No one really expects anything out of me on my PR, which is nice and all in the same way that it's nice not being hounded about being lazy about getting out of bed every day. No pressure, but I'm not exactly making myself proud. Being pestered daily could be nice.

So I'd be willing to go back and forth with someone, sure. My ethics are better than usual, but could stand to be better, and I'm sure others are in the same boat as I am. Only qualm is that my PM space is precious to me, as I enjoy going through and reading them once and a while. Would back them up, but mobile, and my phone is so cluttered that wherever I put them, they'd get lost. And if this serves as intended, that'd be a lot of pm's in the long run, so yeah.

Email-buddies is cool with me, if anyone else is down.

So anyway, lets get this party started! Who wants to be my force forcing buddy?

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

So anyway, lets get this party started! Who wants to be my force forcing buddy?

I'm down! I don't have many posts, but I lurk this board religiously, so I am always checking my messages.