Chat Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appreciate it, friend.

So uh, hype

The hype I've been experiencing for the past few hours has been unreal. And a November 10 release date, ahhh. Fallout 4, you had better give me at least as much enjoyment and playability as NV. If we can reach that, it will have been worth it. Nnnnngggg. I squealed so loudly my brother heard me from another house. Sigh, of course, Bethesda doesn't have a very good track record lately or anything, and with Skyrim's many unfulfilled promises (Still waiting on that Radiant Story patch, Todd Howard), it's hard not to be a bit wary. But man, I fucking love Fallout, so I'll hop on the hype-train anyway.

The need for a computer has tripled, with that release date. I was expecting like, March of next year. But, I guess if they really have been working at it since '09, it was bound to pop up soon.

Nnnnggggg

Woo... Fallout IV. Got the Pip-Boy edition preordered, and I normally don't preorder games, other than obscure JRPGs that get super-limited physical editions. Dat "real" Pip-Boy, though.

I wanna see movies of my dreams.

I'm going to try and put an order in for it in a couple weeks. I don't have a phone that'll work with it right now, but I do need a new one on account of a cracked screen, so I'll try and coordinate that with what will fit, and having it as a novelty is more than enough anyway. Especially given how cheap it is, I feel like I'd be doing myself a disservice not to get it.

But dude, I'm so stoked. Still. I think my favorite new feature is how the power armor works. It was nice and all keeping it in your inventory in 3 and NV, but it didn't feel like it did anything significant enough to be worth lugging around to me. And now, you actually step into it from the back, with your current clothes still on, and the HUD changes.. It's like a cooler Iron-man suit, imo.

And I hope it stays completely out of the inventory. Like, you acquire the pieces to a suit over time, or all at once in a mission, and those are in your inventory, but you have to take them back to your workshop to assemble, and you step into it through the back, and take it out like that. There's also this counter for "cores", and I feel like that means energy drains with use? Which would keep it from getting OP. I hope that once you run out of energy, like.. You're forced to get out, wherever you are, and leave it there until you can recharge/acquire new cores. We also saw that power armor can be blasted off, as per when the dude shot a brotherhood initiate with a rocket or whatever, so it'd be cool if that can happen to you, or someone can damage it while you're out getting new power.

It's so different from 3 and NV, but it's exciting what can be changed about it. The whole concept I'm seeing is badass to me. I'm so unbelievably hyped. I know I shouldn't be after Skyrim being such a let-down, but I can't help it.

I need this. I need it so bad.

I hate how the listing just says "Designed to accommodate a wide variety of smartphone devices.". Part of me suspects that means "iPhone or Samsung only, plz". Still, it'll be worth having for the novelty, and it'll look nice next to my Vault Boy bobblehead.

And that's awesome about the power armor. I was super disappointed when you finally got the perk that lets you use it in Fallout 3 and all it did was give you a stat boost. I feel like small arms fire should bounce off of me, and enemies should go flying from my mighty robo-punches. Hope they find the right balance between making it overpowered and only useful in limited situations.

I also hope they do more with the dog this time, plot wise. I mean Dogmeat was easy to miss, and more likely to die horribly than help in most situations. Either make him useful or kill him off for bonus feels early on. The latter feels pretty doubtful, considering how big a deal the presenter made out of him during the E3 reveal.

Also Skyrim was awesome... After I installed a gazillion mods and got to fight Thomas The Tank Engine with lightsabers while dressed as Batman and riding on Pinkie Pie. Unmodded it was kinda meh. They managed to make dragons into a boring nuisance.

Ah, regardless of what the phone requirement is, you're lucky to have even gotten a preorder on it. Looks like it's sold out on every site, and I wouldn't even have the money until Friday. I wouldn't put it past Bethesda to have wanted this to happen, so it's a super rare collectible.

Well that fucking sucks. I'm super, super, super put-out right now. Sigh. I hate being broke :'l

WHELP, hype is stunted. Still reeeaaaallly looking forward to the game, but that was going to be my first collectible anything, and now there's a chance nobody will have them back in stock ;-;

I mean, I hope there's a chance they'll have another couple runs beforehand, but again, I wouldn't put it past Bethesda.. Sigh. Well, if anywhere opens back up for a PC edition, somebody let me know..

EDIT: Oh thank fuck, I forgot to check the Bethsda store itself.. Duh

http://store.bethsoft.com/fallout-4-pip-boy-edition.html

Their store is kinda weird actually, because despite being 17 and legally capable of purchasing and viewing M for mature rated content in the US, I was locked out when I put in my birthday, and had to use a different browser. Anecdotal, but kinda dumb.

But yeah, phew. I was wanting to just drop by Bestbuy and put the money down this Friday since I hate ordering shit offline, but I'll take what I can get, and order that sonofabitch before IT'S out of stock too. Positive thoughts and emotions guys, I'll need them if this thing is to hold out until I buy it..

Amazon doesn't charge until it ships, so back before I had a steady income, I used to abuse the heck out of that. Of course, I also used to get burned when I preordered things and ended up forgetting about them until they zapped my bank account.

Anyway, you got it preordered, so all's well that ends well, I guess.

I got the PS4 version, since I suspect that my PC will cry at the system requirements. I figure I can get the PS4 version for my initial playthrough, and get the PC version later on a Steam sale when I've built a new PC. By that point the DLC should be out, and the modding community will (hopefully) have taken off.

In other news, Dark Souls 3! I need this in my life, like right now. In the mean time, I guess I'll have to make another character and run through Scholar of the First Sin again. Wanted to do a greatsword build, anyway.

I actually haven't preordered it yet, I'm just glad it's still available somewhere. It just needs to stay there until Friday afternoon. I'll have the money then.

And regarding versions, despite not even having a PC of my own, I'm gonna go on and get it for that. My brother has one at the very least, and it'll be incentive to get off of my ass and work to get one, assuming those secondhand parts don't come through. Regardless, I doubt vanilla will be too impossible to run. It looks pretty swell compared to the older games, and a lot of newer ones, but I doubt medium with a decent frame rate at least will be difficult with most rigs.

I'm actually really wary to look at DS 3. I love, and still play the hell out of the first one, but wasn't big on the second on at all, sadly. If we can get some more DS1 feel, I'll probably pick it up eventually, buuut Fallout 4, as did the last two titles, will probably consume at least a year of my life. New Vegas is still doing it, so if 4 raises the bar by pretty much any amount, as much as 5% even, and it looks like it will, I'm pretty much sold for eternity.

I hope Obsidian will do a New Vegas 2 with 4's engine.. Ahh, that would be nice.

Edit: Sold out

Well, enjoy your Pipboy edition. I'm gonna go cry for a while :'l

Supposedly Miyazaki's doing DS3 instead of the B-team that did DS2, and one of the elements that they're supposedly focusing on is a cohesive world that feels more like Lordran than Drangleic. Bloodborne was infinitely better than DS2, and that was Miyazaki's baby, so I have faith. Of course I did enjoy DS2, but it was nowhere near the first in terms of level design.

Sucks that they're sold out. :/ Hope somebody gets it back in stock. I'll keep an eye out.

Well I can't say much about this video game stuff, so I'll just say:

Way to go, Derp.

Now I have to buy Les Discrets' 'Septembre et Ses Dernières Pensées', and 'Ariettes oubliées'.

And by extension, Alcest's 'Écailles de lune' and 'Les Voyages de l'Âme'.

As if I didn't have enough CDs to buy as it is.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."