Chat Thread

If by CC you mean Crowd control, that's the fun part if you know the meta.

Certain classes, namely monks, eat cc like candy.

A monk with the right feats, when grappled or prone, can actually get stronger with these status's!

Balor Luchador grapples monk.

Monk hulks it up!

Balor takes 35 knees to the face followed by a shuriuken!

*cue massive applause*

CC is Character Creation.

My husband's playing a monk our current campaign; they start out pretty awful, but have a steep usefulness curve. Where as my moon druid started off kicking butt but is slowly losing usefulness. I still have HP to burn, but when the dungeons you're in are full of 5x5 corridors a large creature (basically anything CR 1 or above) is out of the question. :P

@Enny

A friend of mine is a die hard Souls nerd, and I know he got it, but I'm personally not a fan of the series. Too much work to reward for me. I barely remember events on my calendar, let alone attack patterns in a video game. ^^;

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CC is Character Creation.

Ohhhh. My bad.

Imo the character creation isn't too bad with pathfinder, but I've only ever played 3.5 before pathfinder, so I don't have much "easier" material to compare it to.

Then again, my most recent necromancer took like 2 hours to min/max properly. Then again, my most recent necromancer can control at max 48HD of premium, grade-A zombie at only lvl 4.

Can you say, Lich?

All I know is that once someone tried to teach me to play D&D and I absorbed approximately 0% of that information. Shit's too complicated.

Or maybe I'm just a dumbass, could go either way.

We're all gonna make it brah.

All I know is that once someone tried to teach me to play D&D and I absorbed approximately 0% of that information. Shit's too complicated.

Or maybe I'm just a dumbass, could go either way.

I've heard someone say that D&D is a microcosm of life.

I guess that explains why the gamebooks are so thick, and character creation is so involved. To me anyway, I've only played a tabletop RPG game like three times, once D&D, and the other two was Vampire, I believe. My only other experience with that stuff are from Rogue likes.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

My only other experience with that stuff are from Rogue likes.

You should try Roguelike tabletop RPGs.

Call of Cthulhu is a TRPG where you take a normal person And throw them into the Cthulhu mythos.

There's no regaining health except for like over months of game time, and you have an insanity score that keeps slowly rising over time until you lose it and go postal.

There's no godlike powers except for the enemy, and the longer you play the more insane you become!

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody getting the new Doom? I'm 100% uninterested in modern FPS games, but a shareware disk of the first Doom was the first "mature" PC game I ever played and I still enjoy old school run-n-gun style FPS like Doom and Quake. Plus the Glory Kills look sweet, and the campaign is decently long. I may not get it until I'm done with Far Harbor, which is out the 19th I belive, so yeah.

What's everybody playing currently?

I want to be ignored

Don't want a speaking part

I don't want any one to notice

The blood spilling out of my exploding heart

A whole lot of nothing new, sadly. I do want Doom though, as well as the new FO4 stuff, but eh, waiting for Pascal to officially drop so I can get my mitts on a 1080. Assuming they restock after the inevitable drought before too long, anyway. I'll be sleeping or working when they release, so rip

Play an alright amount of New Vegas these days though, so that's cool. Also just got a pair of Beyerdynamic dt 880's (the $250 ones aahhh), and the whole 'semi-open' thing seems to have massive appeal for gaming, so I'd like to get into something immersive before too long.

Anyone else own actual expensive headphones for gaming? Worth/Not worth?

Yeah. I told myself I'd start a new build when the 1080 came out, so I'm shopping for parts now. My budget's kind of limited, so I imagine it'll be a couple of months before I can afford all the parts to make a functioning computer, and then a few more before I can afford the card. I've been playing games on my PS4 like a filthy peasant in the mean time. Currently playing Digimon Story Cybersleuth which is a whole lot of meh, and I'm usually pretty forgiving of ultra-grindy low-budget JRPGS a-la Hyperdimension Neptunia.

I've had several pairs of expensive headphones over the years and always ended up selling them, after convincing myself I didn't need them. I've been using a pair of Monoprice 8323s which are pretty amazing for sub $20 headphones, but yeah I definitely miss my Ultrasone 750 Pros. I've been meaning to upgrade to something nicer with an open back for a while, how do you like your 880s?

I want to be ignored

Don't want a speaking part

I don't want any one to notice

The blood spilling out of my exploding heart

I've somehow never heard of Ultrasone. We have a lot of Sennheisers laying around here, and the only other brands I'm really familiar with are pretty standard fare. Would you recommend? Not going to be going for anything new in the next couple months, but having more stuff to look at when I do is good.

Anyway, I haven't had much time to really explore them so far (Remedying the fuck out of that tonight), but I dig them. Mind you, I fell for the ATH-M50 meme a few years back, and while they're 100% good headphones if you're coming from the $50/sub-$50 category, they leave a lot to be desired compared to pretty much anything $200 and above, or even a couple other cans in their own price-range. So yeah, I'm getting that initial sense of "Wow this is an improvement so far as I can tell, so it must be objectively great in every way", but I'll get past that soon, and really start listening for the nitty-gritty's.

For starts, I'm definitely able to better identify my low-quality mp3's compared to everything running at 320kbps (And yes, what FLAC's I do have sound pretty great as well) , so I'm going to have to do some cleaning and replacing with higher quality stuff on a lot of stuff my M50's didn't pick up on. Soundstage seems to be good, but I'm not really experienced with many other semi-open/open backed headphones. It's more of the new, but if other opinions and reviews are anything to go off of, it's very decent.

Bass isn't as punchy as I'm used to, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I think these things are considered more analytical than anything, and I knew that when I bought them. It is interesting to be able to clearly hear a lot of different parts in my music, as they seem to have more room individually than they used to.

Idunno, yeah, either way, they're a staple set of headphones to many people, so there's not much else to say other than "They're good"

OH GOD ALSO THE VELOUR EAR-PADS AAAHHHHHH I COULD LEAVE THESE THINGS ON FOR DAYS

Initial rating is like, 8-9/10, will probably not go down much if at all.

Edit: Duuude, so I'm listening to The Black Queen, and

comes on, and I wanna cry it's so good ;-;

Best purchase in a while.