Chat Thread

Aw sheeeit, brother quit the place we're working and he was my ride. He's still bringing me for a while, but whelp, time to really start saving up for a new place. I'd just get a car, but we don't have room for one at our current place, and I'd rather quit this job soon too.

What should the etiquette on finding a new place and quitting be? My brother has work, and he'll be helping, but I figure I save up enough for about two months' rent (Probably about $1500--- we have some decent and cheap apartments out in town), and then another grand for food and other necessities in that time.

I'm confident I can find more work, too, and I definitely won't quit this one until we're settled in and comfortable with money, but yeah. I'll also be able to bike or something to any new work, so that's good.

Definitely sucks working somewhere where they really don't care about your well-being, though.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checkup on the places you're renting, I've heard many require first and last month of rent as well as a security deposit, which in total would likely be more than that but I'm not sure.

Is there any chance you could take a bus or something to work? It seems sad to quit a job you like simply due to lack of transportation.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

I don't like it much these days, but no, I live out in this gated community area where there's no public transportation, and then work is about a thirty minute drive out to another town.

Also yeah, I do recall putting down a deposit on the place I'm at now, although I didn't have to pay the last month's rent. That seems kinda weird. I'll figure it out, either way, hopefully.

Just, ugh. I need two new pieces in my computer and that's done, at least. Or, up to spec for the next year at minimum, anyway, ahaha. Hope I can manage those as well as move out.

I found a fedora and glasses at a friend's house and put them on, a picture was taken, and my brother made this pic by outlining the photo. I'm extremely satisfied with the outcome. I hope you all are too.

(Had it set to my profile pic for like, ten seconds but eh, kinda way too attached to the Null one, will leave it--- Have it down here instead)

shL8WJp.jpg?1

Looks pretty sweet.

Aren't you like paranoid that you're pretty much putting your face online publicly and attached to you tulpa.info account?

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Looks pretty sweet.

Aren't you like paranoid that you're pretty much putting your face online publicly and attached to you tulpa.info account?

My fears of being caught are selectively irrational. If someone's found the profile of 'Enny', they're gonna know it's me anyway, no use in trying to cover my tracks.

Also, reference for what I look like in-general, you can probably kinda see the resemblance (low-res rip)

I figured this didn't deserve its own thread so I'm just gonna toss it here.

Basically, this guy who suffered from hydrocephalus that went unchecked for years had water build up in his head that pressed on his brain until most of it was missing. However because the injury built up very slowly, he remained conscious, if with a lowered IQ and didn't suffer from anything.

I thought this might be of interest to y'all because:

Cleeremans, who gave a lecture on the subject at this year’s Association for the Scientific Study of Consciousness conference in Buenos Aires, believes that the seeming plasticity of the brain is key to understanding how consciousness operates.

He believes that the brain learns to be conscious. As such, few specific neural features are necessary for consciousness, since areas of the brain are able to adapt and develop consciousness.

“Consciousness is the brain’s non-conceptual theory about itself, gained through experience—that is learning, interacting with itself, the world, and with other people,” he says.

In the paper where he puts forward his thesis, Cleeremans argues that in order to be aware, it’s necessary not simply to know information, but to know that one knows information. In other words, unlike a thermostat that simply records temperature, conscious humans both know and care that they know. Cleeremans claims that the brain is continually and unconsciously learning to re-describe its own activity to itself, and these descriptions form the basis of conscious experience.

Ultimately, Cleeremans believes that consciousness is “the brain’s theory about itself.” And so, while the Frenchman may have had a tiny brain, it was still apparently able to generate a theory about itself and is “a striking case of how the brain learns to adapt.”

We're all gonna make it brah.

So over the past year or so, I've somehow conditioned my mind and body to cease hiccupping by saying or thinking "No more of that" after the first one. Obviously can't totally suppress them unless I'm thinking that constantly, but I haven't had consecutive hiccups since I began. It's pretty interesting. Anyone else have any quirks like that?

I hiccuped twice in a row today, I'm disgraced and my family should be ashamed of me

I'm gonna seppuku as soon as I get home today.

Stevie, definitely nobody thinking to look for intelligent info in this thread. The kinds of people who have something interesting to add to that article only step in here once in a blue moon, me thinks. Don't we have somewhere for articles like that?

My own input, is ewwwww, that's gross. Poor Frenchie.

hello this is my blue moon and I found it interesting but I have no idea how to add input sorry

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas