Chat Thread

It always seems like I'm missing something, like there was some secret story I missed that would make everything not confusing.

Fans extrapolate a lot from various sources (sometimes just a line or two of dialogue from one game), and then once something gets popular it becomes fanon and it can be hard to tell why it exists. Remembering examples from that vid, Marisa and Alice (doll user) are often paired up in fanon because they've literally been partners in several games, like Imperishable Night where each human character is paired with a youkai character (Alice is technically a youkai because she's a "magician", not human anymore). And she's really cold on the outside about stuff so people consider her tsundere exclusively when related to Marisa. Aaand, in a later game Marisa as an always-playable-character actually had a choice of who to pair with that would change her attack style and dialogues, and Patchouli (purple-pinkish girl with mob cap) was one of those options and she's not really tsundere but she is very calmly-serious. And so Patchouli and Alice fighting over Marisa became a fanon thing. Also Marisa canonically is a kleptomaniac who treasure hunts like friggin' Wario, so it's a joke that she "steals the hearts of women as well".

See, I just explained a tiny grouping of references and where they came from. Now you know just a couple of fanon traits of one or two characters, out of hundreds. Of characters, not traits, who knows how many fanon traits there are. This is why you don't understand. But, hey, it's a lot of fun to explore the fandom!

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how Reiji Utsuho has an elephant's foot-shaped sock/encasing. Apparently, she's friends with the two-tailed cat because there's a colony of feral cats in Pripyat, which is the deserted city near Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant block 4 - the general area of the elephant's foot, which itself is a highly irradiated pile of melted components from the compromised reactor.

Also, why do fans feel the need to pair the different characters? Granted, Gensokyo appears to have no men, but sperging out over cartoon girl pairings seems a bit creepy.

I really like Touhou's counterpart, Seihou, if only for the fact it has nuclear-powered robot maids.

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

Guest Anonymous

Nuclear powered robot maids are always a plus.

I already played through most of it. The first two are excessively cool - Interplay knew how to make games.

Only seen by the sun

I'm not a big video game dude but I played 3, New Vegas and 4. I think I enjoyed 4 most but New Vegas is a close second. Just recommending it to them cause I think they'd have fun with the whole roleplay part of it.

We're all gonna make it brah.

Going to see Periphery in a couple weeks. Odds are abysmally small, but on the off-chance anyone in the Memphis (TN) area wants to drop twenty bucks and come mingle, I'm totally down. Date's the 6th of August, info's on Periphery.net

Assuming you're not socially incapable, anyway.

Also, thinking about picking up a new Gundam model this check or the next. Maybe the Red Astray. There's also this version for a bit more, but idunno. I'll weigh out which one later, once I've got the cash.

Fun stuff, either way.

Huh, you build Gunpla, Enny? I thought I was the only one here.

I'm testing some epoxy recipes to fill in the seam-lines on my older kits, so I can sand down to a uniform surface before spraying primer on. I can't wait to buy some more Tamiya cans and floral foam with bamboo skewers so I can paint the damn things decently.

Only seen by the sun

Huh, you build Gunpla, Enny? I thought I was the only one here.

I'm no expert, definitely. I've only messed with a couple high-grades, and then fiddled around with a master-grade Strike that my brother built. So I mean, there's no painting or anything going on, because I'm bound to ruin it, but maybe after I've built enough I'll look into it. Kinda just standing them around and looking at them, for now.

I mean, hell, I would definitely be interested in painting the Astray once I've got it, just so it looks decent, but I don't even know where to start.

If you've got any advice, I'd appreciate hearing it, yo.

@Enny:

Uh...

make sure to clip parts out of the gate carefully, trim down resulting nubs of styrene from said parts, snap build (building it like you're just going to pose/fuck around with it), separate pieces and apply styrene welder (I prefer Tamiya thin or regular), fill seams (if any), sand, prime, paint...top-coat.

It's kind of involved but I don't know what you want to do or what amount of effort you desire to put in

Would recommend not diving right into master grades apart from snap-building, be prepared to fuck up first dozen kits before making anything proper

Only seen by the sun