Chat Thread

Definitely not looking to do super super in-depth paintjobs or anything, at least not yet. Just, maybe some basic work so it doesn't look so cheap as they tend to out of the box. Although, yeah, I probably shouldn't dive into it with such an expensive (relatively) kit. I'll grab some HG's or something and maybe follow some guides, see if I've got the general idea, and then maaaybe attempt the Astray. I do actually know some people irl who are good with other types of models, so I might be able to enlist someone who can help out.

Doesn't have to be perfect though, so I'm not gonna stress it. Just, yeah, do some research.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, uhm, what are you guys talking about? Styrofoam models or something?

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Gunpla, Gundam models. I posted a link to one I was looking at a couple posts back, for reference.

I got this thing in today

9gJOU7t.jpg

The shipping was delayed by like five days and there are a couple little blemishes I can see, but it's rad as fuck. I put it up near my desk so I can look at it while I'm doin' stuff, and it's definitely making me smile a lot more than I usually would, haha.

Artist is PaperPonyPlace on etsy, and they attend pretty much every con ever, so I've heard. They're on hiatus until the end of August, but for reference, a piece like mine, about 11x14 , is around $100 with shipping accounted for.

I think Jean mentioned having a piece of his own. Anyone else? I know a couple others, they seem to be pretty popular.

Guest Anonymous

Hello new person. I love new people. They are so cute.

Yeah I have one. The pictures don't quite do it justice, half the awesomeness is the 2.5D-ishness of it.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

I usually try to hide my power-level regarding cartoon horses unless I'm fucking with someone.

May I ask what guests/family think of those kinds of pictures?

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.