Chat Thread

Whoa, yeah, this is definitely weird at a glance.

Wait

Where are the timestamps on our posts? Am I missing it?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like when things were posted within roughly 12 hours it says minutes/hours instead of the timestamp. That's usually the sort of thing you can change, because it's ridiculous and stupid lol. But hey, you can see how many threads someone's created now!

need timestamps back

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Tewi, so you can indeed see the "1 minute ago", for example, on posts? Any missing text in User CP -> Edit Options?

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Everything looks fine. Assuming fine means not broken or missing anyway, I don't particularly like how vague the 1-12 hours are instead of timestamps.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Yes, I agree. That's the one change of the update to MyBB 1.8 that I didn't like. I definitely will look into reverting it to how it was before, some time.

Also, I guess Enny's account is just weird.

Edit: turns out it was language setting.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Although the changes are small, I kind of miss the old aesthetic. ; (

R.I.P.

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

Ultimately, any theme changes are a side-effect of the upgrade process. We didn't make the conscious effort to round out the edges, for example. Nonetheless, I'd certainly like to think people don't dislike it more than they did before.

At any rate, the only DIY electronics thing I've really done is make an attempt at soldering part of an MP3 player back, so that sound comes out of both headphones. It didn't fix the problem, and I wasn't able to close the case up as good as it was beforehand, so I turned it into even more of a piece of junk. I only really did it for the experience, anyway, so I'm not too bummed. I had already bought a new one.

Electronics are interesting to me though, and I love the idea of being able to fix them when they break. Something for the future though, I suppose.

"fixing" electronics is pretty empowering, as well as frugal. Although P.C.B.s are manufactured with planned-obsolescence and total replacement in mind (guess it's cheaper to switch out a board or card rather than waste money on skilled repair/operational down-time), they're like big-boy LEGO sets. Desolder/heat gun affected area, snap in/rig the appropriate replacement, iron. Bam.

The lappy I'm on now got its D.C. jack fucked out because it fell off the bed and landed on the side where the A.C. adapter was plugged in. After several of the most frustrating hours of my natural life and a shitty repair job, it's been working pretty good.

Just make sure the device is properly discharged before opening, ground yourself, remain wary of extant current in largely capacious circuitry (like desktop power supply units) and if you're repairing factory-made stuff, snag some multi-core P.C.B. solder if you can - unleaded solder is one of the assiest obstacles regarding those fixes.

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.