Chat Thread

Eh, I don't care about the community's reputation. I mainly want the phenomenon to be more widely known so that those who could benefit from it find it and learn something.

Don't know about becoming irrelevant. That's like fashion or pop lingo or something. I and my host don't know about that.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, I, and I'm sure many others, have long-since come to terms with the fact that this community will never be seen in any kind of positive light, so sure, throw reputation out the window. It'd still be nice if people would stand the hell back, though. Making tuppermancy known as it currently is, a polarizing and cringey thing that autistic people practice because they don't have any friends, kinda brings down the vibe, in my personal opinion. As they say, though, negative exposure is still exposure, and if that's fine with people, I guess that's all there is to it.

I personally, am gonna have some stuff taken down, though, as I'm sure there will be some kind of traffic, however insignificant it may be. Probably doesn't help that I use an alias people I know irl are familiar with.

We aren't tumblr, we aren't "soulbonds", we aren't "daemons", give us a chance :X

I think I and some of your system count as soulbonds. Literally the only think I know about tumblr is it is the land of the SJW. By reputation only. Every time I went on there, Let's see... Pony art, pony art, chupi's tulpa blog, random art threads. Nope. Never seen anything special about tumblr.

Speaking of, really would like to meet his tulpas. They're like legends.

Making tuppermancy known as it currently is, a polarizing and cringey thing that autistic people practice because they don't have any friends...

... Um, That's just a subjective perspective. I usually ignore anything with a connotation attached, as all connotations are false. A habit from my host. She uses that as a first pass when analysing political statements, and anything else really. You can throw out a lot of garbage that way.

I don't let it get to me because I think it is untrue. Why be offended by a person's false beliefs?

rip post count

I don't think it's entirely subjective, as a lot of members, and some of the more well known members in ages past, have certainly fit exactly that bill, but sure, it's not everyone. And these days especially, I do like to think there are only a few people that really, truly drag impressions down in any significant way. I still think it's best to assume people see the worst though, because that's what people do best.

Hmm. I did use the word connotation. Who people are is a neutral thing. The objective facts are the same. But the connotation is always false. There is no dragging down. There is so seeing the worst. As either of these implies bias and inaccuracy.

I'm not entirely certain what you're saying right now, you might wanna rephrase that with fewer sentences and more connected thoughts.

Yes, you did use the word connotation. I saw that. Ignoring connotations in the perception of the tulpa community seems difficult though, as there's certainly no objectively correct perception. One is as good as any other, and it certainly depends on which branch you're experiencing. I'd personally take .info more seriously than the reddit, for example, because I feel like there are fewer people who speak as though they're "out there", ya know? I'd drop the habit of perceiving all connotations as being false, and regardless, members of the community do objectively have the potential to appear polarizing, autistic, and cringey (Although maybe that's just coming from the perspective of someone who's relatively well-adjusted? I still feel like there's some bottom-line, either way), so I wouldn't chalk my saying that up to a personally-derived secondary meaning, necessarily. It's just a first-impressions thing, and yes, a biased one in some regard. But it holds footing, especially if you just so happened to be introduced to the community at a time when we're getting threads about marrying your tulpa-waifus through fantastically absurd websites, or there are currently two threads about how tulpa-sex works active.

I don't quite understand "Who people are is a neutral thing", you're going to have to rephrase that. And what are the objective facts, exactly? You haven't made that clear either, I'm afraid. You seem to be speaking with your own personalized "objectivity", although about what, I'm afraid I'm not following.

Mind clearing it up? Would like to understand, a little better.

Honestly if most people can just roll with the punches it'll be fine overall.

In previous videos the biggest thing that shitted on the community surrounding it was the fact that they freaked out, got incredibly defensive, and attacked him for it.

I'm a big fan of the guy, and if most of his previous stuff is to go by, he'll poke fun but it won't be malicious attacking.

I'm not entirely certain what you're saying right now, you might wanna rephrase that with fewer sentences and more connected thoughts.

Fewer sentences and more connected thoughts:

Hmm, I did use the word connotation. Who people are is a neutral thing as the objective facts are the same, but the connotation is always false. There is no dragging down, there is so seeing the worst, as either of these implies bias and inaccuracy.

Yes, you did use the word connotation. I saw that. Ignoring connotations in the perception of the tulpa community seems difficult though, as there's certainly no objectively correct perception.

The only thing for certain is there is exactly one objectively correct perception. If there were more, one of them would be less accurate. If there were less, then there could be not perceptions at all.

The question, of course, is how do we find such a perspective in an issue with so many governing subjective perspectives? Probably impossible, yes. However, we can throw out everything that is necessarily subjective to get a more objective perspective. One place to start is the mandated neutral perspective they use at Wikipedia. No connotations allowed, positive or negative.

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What this means is that all beauty is subjective. Other things that are subjective are cringe, being well adjusted, being deserving, and an autistic manner (when not associated with actual autism).

I don't quite understand "Who people are is a neutral thing", you're going to have to rephrase that.

There is good and evil in the world. This is obvious. But are there good and evil people in the world? y--Well, when you try to look for examples, you always run into at least one theoretical problem. No such selection of good and evil "people" is ever based on objective measures. Their actions can be, but the people are only ever "good" or "evil" based on one person's point of view.

And what are the objective facts, exactly?

An objective fact is one whose truth does not depend on who is looking at or examining the fact. It is simply true.

A subjective fact is not simply true. A subjective fact is conditionally true, based on observer.