Chat Thread

what's the difference in wanting to not be scared anymore, and not wanting to be scared anymore

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

□¬p and ¬□p

Relationship:

□¬p ⋀ ¬□p is possible

¬□¬p ⋀ □p is possible

□¬p ⋀ □p is impossible

¬□¬p ⋀ ¬□p is possible

□¬p ⊢ ¬□p

¬□p ⊬□¬p

Conclusion:

The expressions have one way implication, and so are not totally independent.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

DHnTn4Z.png

Ah yes, box corner-thingy p filled-in-box corner-thingy box p is obviously possible, I mean duh!

Any chance I could get a picture of what it's supposed to look like?

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

The black box is the most universal symbol:

400x200http://imageog.flaticon.com/icons/png/512/61/61032.png?size=1200x630f&pad=10,10,10,10&ext=png&bg=FFFFFFFF[/img]

And the last two black boxes are the equally universal:

double_vertical_bar_double_right_turnstile_u22AB_icon_256x256.png

and

negated_double_vertical_bar_double_right_turnstile_u22AF_icon_256x256.png

EDIT: Darnit, all that trouble and both ⇒ and ⇏ were sitting right there in the symbol chart.

o_o

the difference is the first means you want to no longer be afraid in the face of scary things, and the second means you don't want scary things to happen at all

I was playin a game and some things were scaring me and I thought, I want to not be afraid anymore so I'm gonna deal with it, and then later I thought "I want to not be scared, but I don't want scary things to stop in the first place, what's the difference?"

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Hey, can I start an alternate chat thread? I keep wondering if the reason no one uses the chat thread is because it is always on a topic few people are interested in? Yes, that was a question.

With two chat threads, you have twice the chance to hit a topic people want to talk about.

The entire Lounge board is a chat board. If there is another specific topic someone would like to discuss, they can make a thread about it. It wouldn't make much sense to have two concurrent general chat threads.

Also, people should bring up new topics in here, whenever they feel like it, whether other people are discussing something else or not.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I keep wondering if the reason no one uses the chat thread is because it is always on a topic few people are interested in?

that doesn't even make sense, there's no obligation to talk about anything specific here and if someone does change the subject and you didn't want them to you can quote the old subject anyways

Anyone done anything fun lately? I've hardly done anything but sleep and work for a solid two weeks, looking forward to getting out of state for a couple days next week.

As far as less-productive stuff goes, I remember talking about getting into drawing sometime last year, and then never doing that in any capacity, but I've been doodling a little bit over the past week or so. It's kinda hard, as I've always kind of held a pencil wrong, and no teachers ever corrected me, so I'm having to correct that. The way I usually do it hurts my wrist obscenely fast, although that could be me not having written with physical utensils in years, as well as anything.

But yeah, it's actually (surprisingly) genuinely fun, somehow. Like, way beyond the scope of anything else I've done in the past couple years, I really regret not giving it a shot earlier. Not, you know, great, and I absolutely refuse to delve into the technical aspects for now, or else my enjoyment crashes and burns, but I can see myself actually maintaining this as a creative hobby. Of which I usually have none, I guess.

Fun fun fun