Chat Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The grip I've naturally used on pencils is much too tight, and I need to learn to hold them better. For me, it's just about improving penmanship, and perhaps getting into calligraphy. I do have some interest in art as well, though I won't be taking that up any time soon. It's hard to force myself to write the way that I should, and I always find myself falling back on my natural grip, for anything that matters. The main issue is probably just that I don't practice the writing enough, at all. If I were to make it a daily thing, I'm sure I'd grow more accustomed to the better grip. But eh.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

But yeah, it's actually (surprisingly) genuinely fun, somehow. Like, way beyond the scope of anything else I've done in the past couple years, I really regret not giving it a shot earlier. Not, you know, great, and I absolutely refuse to delve into the technical aspects for now, or else my enjoyment crashes and burns, but I can see myself actually maintaining this as a creative hobby. Of which I usually have none, I guess.

Fun fun fun

100% agree fully support, ignore the technical stuff because you'll get better quicker if you're just having fun anyways

no idea what you guys are talking about with the grip stuff, do you just literally hold pencils with all fingers like a 2 year old? or do you have various weird ways you learned 'cus that I get I guess. sry you weren't told to do it different. Trying to remember how Lumi learned, I remember he thought it was unnecessarily complicated and inefficient at first (not whole-handing it) and within a year he could never go back. This was like.. kindergarten->first grade

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

My grip looks like this Dynamic Quadrupod Grip. But my thumb wraps around further in front of my fingertips.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Grip is as pictured below, and everybody tells me it's wrong, so I'll take their word. I've had incredibly bad handwriting for most of my life as well, so I'll just blame the grip. Either way, the supposed "correct way", which is just three fingers, is at a much more awkward angle right now, but it feels a lot more relaxed, and I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, idk.

UljppUn.jpg?1

Of course.

Cool! Lol, so I drank the rest of the red soda that my parents were "hiding" behind cooking oil in a cupboard. Then I poured some of a used red poweraid bottle into the soda bottle and placed it back in it's hiding spot. My usual plan would be "admit to it and act like you don't care". If they drink the poweraid I replaced it with, they probably won't even be suspicious of me because they think I'm too stupid. XD

My grip looks like this Dynamic Quadrupod Grip. But my thumb wraps around further in front of my fingertips.

I.. can barely picture any of this, even looking at the pictures themselves, that person's got weird hands too

I googled "writing with a pen" and this showed up and it's how we hold things http://i.imgur.com/p3CFnMW.png

it works, idk how people came up with it and said it was the right way because it's weird but I guess it's comfortable now

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas