Chat Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate being ignored online, I may seem attention seeking, but honestly it makes me feel utterly worthless when I am ignored. I think that being ignored online is part of the reason for my social anxiety, actually, because of this one time period of time... anyways, yeah, the anger is slowly leaving me, I just thought after being in chat for that long people would be at least a little bit happy to see me since I had been gone. I guess not.

fwi, they didn't say hello to me and then when I asked a question Carolina told me "something else is going on right now". I felt more confident to ask my question after someone else started talking... which isn't a good idea, it just felt awkward to talk alone. It was just that Carolina had asked a different question.

I was ignored the day before too.

Are you learning french? It must be hard >.<

Also, my question was: Where is the best place to put a newly finished story for constructive feedback and reads?

You're going to need to get used to being "ignored". Because it's not going to stop happening. It happens to everyone.

The chat has been very slow lately, and you came on during a particularly dead time period. Most people aren't greeted most of the time that they join the chat.

If you ask a question or make a comment and no one responds to you, it doesn't mean that they have ill will towards you, or dislike you or something; if people don't have anything valuable to say in response, they often won't reply. Furthermore, not everyone is going to be interested in whichever topic you happen to bring up. Not to mention there was already another discussion being had.

I hope you'll learn to better deal with it, because it's the way things go sometimes. We've all been the victim of internet ignores. Real-life ones, too.

On the subject of language, I've been learning German for the past 10 months or so. Not always as consistently as I'd like, but I've made quite a lot of progress. I've certainly far surpassed any previous attempts at language learning. I plan to start reading some German books and such. I've read some of Die Verwandlung, but it's still fairly tough. But I'm sure if I keep at reading it, the book will slowly become less daunting. I've also wanted to watch more of The Simpsons in German. It would be good to get in more aural practice, as my spoken comprehension isn't nearly as good as my reading comprehension. Already knowing the plot of the Simpsons episodes definitely helps, too.

It is hard. I thoght it would be hard keeping gender stuff organised. But the real mess is verb conjugation.

Starting out German, verb conjugation was always one of the easier parts for me, save the few irregular verbs. And it really was the genders that gave me the most frustration near the beginning, being that there are 3 of them, and 4 cases to pair them with. Resulting in 6 different ways to say each of "the", "a", "his", "her", etc... It was a nightmare. The next nightmare was and is still, to an extent, prepositions. Having to totally re-learn which prepositions are to be used with which verbs and such is a real pain.

How long have you been learning, and how far do you consider yourself, tulpa001? French is somewhere relatively high up on my list of languages I'd like to learn.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Oh, that happened to us too. IRC just isn't as active as it used to be because lots of people have moved to Discord. I know you don't like Discord, but if you or your tups want to talk with people you could try there.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Also, my question was: Where is the best place to put a newly finished story for constructive feedback and reads?

DeviantArt maybe? Or some specifically-for-writers website, probably wouldn't be too hard to find on google

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Wattpad? That's the only one I know of. You could send your story to us if you'd like.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)