Chat Thread

Sometimes I wonder what it was like to be a Tulpa.info member in 2012, 14, and 16. Was there anything noticably different about the community?

EDIT: Has anyone seen or heard from anyone in the Felight system? I haven't seen them in a while and I wonder how they're doing...

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People complain a lot about the scientificness of .info, but from what I've seen back then, it was even more psudoscientific. Also it is my impression that the threads back then were more prone to derailing. I don't really know though, this is just my observations from looking back on the old threads.

Candle for felight system:

http://imgur.com/a/SQe4tIR

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Sometimes I wonder what it was like to be a Tulpa.info member in 2012, 14, and 16. Was there anything noticably different about the community?

EDIT: Has anyone seen or heard from anyone in the Felight system? I haven't seen them in a while and I wonder how they're doing...

The community was basically an extension of 4chan (albeit more organized, and with a focus on specific topics e.g. tulpas, servitors, etc.) where the people were mostly flippant, but there was still a sense of unity that came from how eager everyone was to explore these concepts. The userbase eventually matured a bit, a lot of the old notions and methods were abandoned, and now we're at this point. If you want a better idea, skip around a bit on the pages of each board and read through some old threads. There's actually a lot of helpful stuff if there for those who are willing to take the time to do that.

Also, haven't heard from that group but Apollo last visited about a week ago.

If I'm being honest, the forum is a shell of its old self from when I joined in 2014, and through 2015. Discussion is practically non-existent, it's only been basic Q&A for years. The last couple of months have been alright, but for like a year before that, very little.

The community is great. You guys are great. And I appreciate every little contribution, post or thread, on the forum these days. But hey, you asked how it was in 2014. Lot more people, some nice, some not so nice. Lot more arguing, but arguing was usually the passionate kind, with semantics frosting on top. I see the state of the forum these days as a sort of indicator that we asked most of the questions and answered most of them satisfactorily. Since I was always here to help people, the fact that we're mostly Q&A and less heated discussion doesn't really bother me. I just don't want the forum to fall off the charts to where new people stop seeing it is all.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Well, it definitely was more entertaining back then and less PC

Here, have 3 gems from the old days:

lemonlemon's progress report

Pleb crashing a school bus IRL

with no survivors

Fede derailing a thread with crying people eating fruit salad

with permission from OP

Apart from that, what the others said.

You can always browse old threads to get your own picture.

While I personally don't mind it, I've gone ahead and changed Fede's favorite word to something more appropriate in your link's text. -Vos

Back in 2012? It was like 95% 4chan, yes. Literally.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Man, I'm glad it's not like that anymore. Just because we're on the internet doesn't mean it's acceptable to drop all pretense of tolerance and start being a complete jerk. Every few months I'll look at 4chan, just to make sure I have an accurate, primary view of what it is, and I'm never disappointed in immediately finding open hate speech and jerk-ness.

I might make a post later, either by itself or in my progress report: some things have happened. Gavin's decided he's a shapeshifter, Cassidy managed to form a thought barrier around me, we managed to have a bit of control over my internal radio, and I'm freaking myself out over having tulpas again. This time, because I was so dead-set on "I don't have anything that would qualify as amnesia, zip!" despite knowing that I have some blank spots after a childhood trauma and during the extremely dissociated years of my middle-school life, when Gavin appeared. Now that Gavin's back, these memories are coming back, though I see them from strange, distant, 3rd-person points of view. I don't know. There's nothing too bad in there.

Surprisingly, the most prominent of these memories is a hypnagogic nightmare I remember having. Classic nightmare, very Freudian: As I was half-asleep, I felt all my teeth get loose and fall out of my mouth. I was freaked and hit peak-dissociation while Gavin talked me down. I haven't thought of this in years, despite how vivid and disturbing it was. Now Gavin's back, and he thinks of that night.

-J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

I was thinking of making a 'random nonsense' thread, now i don't have to. I'll just necro one of those old ones.

If I'm being honest, the forum is a shell of its old self from when I joined in 2014, and through 2015. Discussion is practically non-existent, it's only been basic Q&A for years. The last couple of months have been alright, but for like a year before that, very little.

The community is great. You guys are great. And I appreciate every little contribution, post or thread, on the forum these days. But hey, you asked how it was in 2014. Lot more people, some nice, some not so nice. Lot more arguing, but arguing was usually the passionate kind, with semantics frosting on top. I see the state of the forum these days as a sort of indicator that we asked most of the questions and answered most of them satisfactorily. Since I was always here to help people, the fact that we're mostly Q&A and less heated discussion doesn't really bother me. I just don't want the forum to fall off the charts to where new people stop seeing it is all.

I've done basically nothing but lurk and PR since I joined back in 2013 and I'm pretty inclined to agree with most of this. 

Even when I started up, a lot of the concepts and methodology were becoming more concrete and ironed out, so that kind of "new territory" feeling you'll get reading threads from the very beginning wasn't so prevalent. There was still a lot of really solid, passionate discussion and experimentation, though. This place has a metric fuckton of well-regarded guides and resources, and even more just in the community at large, and there was a lot of discussion and argument in those first few years to thank for that. Staple members that super passionately contributed, by droves even. Still some newer members who definitely stick out in that way, but it's just the natural progression. It's all settled, nothing wrong with that.

Honestly, losing the arguments was probably one of the worst things to happen here, I guess. For my personal reading pleasure, anyway. It was rarely as mean-spirited as it was just typical internet disputes, some more snide and pretentious than it should have been, but discourse is the sole platform upon which many, many ideas are driven, and last I checked (which has been a while, tbh), people are largely in agreement wayy more than not, these days. Which, not a bad thing, just a thing. Be nice to get some passionate arguing again, just to shake things up a little bit. I don't really know if anyone is that passionate about all this anymore, though, at least not in that way. 

I'm not for sure, at least not in the same ways, so I can't complain.

Anyway yeah, it's weird these days, but forums always change and it always loses the magic to the individual user, so eh.

Different topic, video games suck and I hate them, why aren't they fun anymore? I can't even play New Vegas without getting bored out of my mind. I just sit and mindlessly consume youtube for all hours I'm not at work these days. I'll have a stint every month or two where I'll play ten to fifteen hours of a game solo or with a bud and then hate it again. I don't read like I used to (although I have been purchasing a lot of physical horsefic, I'm up to uhhh $600 or so in that over the last year), no other real hobbies. What do ya'll do to pass the time, these days?