Chat Thread

I was bored with the new games, then i got 2 jobs, boredom is a luxury now. Other than that, amine, reading and writing, art, exercise, the occasional recommended game. Yeah the new ones are just too similar to ones we already played 10 years ago. I don't watch sports or drink, i'm pretty much going to be bored a lot.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, are we using this thread to chat now? Umm passing time, huh? Well, there's anime, music and video games for that! 

(Xar: "Spontaneously buying a video game just to get bored with it, or just have Matsuri enjoy it for me.")

My favorite games are Project Diva, favorite music is also vocaloid music!

How's the chat plumans? (plural+human) 

Different topic, video games suck and I hate them, why aren't they fun anymore? I can't even play New Vegas without getting bored out of my mind. I just sit and mindlessly consume youtube for all hours I'm not at work these days. I'll have a stint every month or two where I'll play ten to fifteen hours of a game solo or with a bud and then hate it again.

I get bored of singleplayer games really easily these days too. But I always preferred playing with friends. Just, as of the last two years (age 20-22) I've lost most my tolerance for singleplayer games. I'll literally play one, like A Hat In Time (amazing game, highly recommended) for a few hours, enjoy it, then stop playing and hate the idea of playing it thereafter. My brother and I did play through it co-op just fine, though. So like I said, just need people to play with.

You'd think that was a Lucilyn thing, and it does affect her a little more than me, but nope, it's a me thing. Games just feel pointless if I'm the only one enjoying them, somehow. I imagine Youtube and the like would too if not for the sense of so many people watching - I did get sick of & stop watching television like 9 years ago. Unless it was something interesting like an animal documentary (well, most anyway), I don't think I could watch TV for real. I just catch bits of Spongebob (technically my favorite television show still) sometimes, which is nice, it can still make me laugh whether new or old episodes. Nothing I seek out though, just lots of Youtube. Mostly Game Grumps, some Youtuber-of-the-year channels that vary like Alpharad this year (Smash Bros content), Soundsmith the year before that. Sometimes watch Vinny or Joel from Vinesauce if they play something I like.

Oh, also, good to hear from you Enny.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I also rarely play games. There's only a handful that I really REALLY played the heck out of. Otherwise there's just... Idk, I'm missing that important DNA strand that makes you enjoy games lol. Although I do enjoy co-op games too. Terarria is one of my game-loves and I played that with two friends. It was terrific.

As for what we do to pass time... Tumblr. Lots and lots of Tumblr. The occasional youtube video too. Otherwise, just lurking around various communities, like deviantart and the likes. The rest of my time is spent with the dog, as we train for agility and participate in competitions and all that good stuff.

~ We are Venny, the host, and Viper, my soul! ~

Click here! Come join us on the chat!

Guest Reilyn-Alley

I spend a lot of my free time on here, as I'm sure most of you already know, lol. When I can pull myself away from here I'm either goofing off on YouTube, or practicing Hiragana (we really should be on to katakana by now but we are taking our time). Lately, our YouTube goofing off is becoming replaced with drawing tutorials and stuff and I'm trying to practice that too. Also, just hanging out with Lance while we try to get some meditation/visualization stuff in. I'm so firmly anchored to our body, close to the front, however you wanna put it, that I end up having to try and use the same guides he does and having no idea how to disassociate myself away from our shared senses either. We are freakin' dual-hosting over here. >_<

Also, chat thread lets me post chatty rants here and in LOtPW without actually double posting, lol.

I get bored of singleplayer games really easily these days too. But I always preferred playing with friends. Just, as of the last two years (age 20-22) I've lost most my tolerance for singleplayer games. I'll literally play one, like A Hat In Time (amazing game, highly recommended) for a few hours, enjoy it, then stop playing and hate the idea of playing it thereafter. My brother and I did play through it co-op just fine, though. So like I said, just need people to play with.

Tbh I don't even enjoy video games with people, as a rule. Some fighting games, with the right people, but I've only got one bud I play anything with online. Playing with rando's is real fuckin weird to me. Like I've played something like 600 hours of Final Fantasy XIV and have easily said less than twenty things outside of dungeons to other players. No guild stuff, not even any friends in my friend's list. Just real weird about chatting online.

Ha, I opened this thread up back in the day saying I didn't like the IRC, and it's the same thing. I'm in the discord for this site too, have been for several months, but again, something just unsettles me about that kind of communication. Real weird. I do fine irl, turned 21 this year and have gone in pretty good on going out and meeting people, but yeah. My own personal brand of autism, I guess?

And yeah thanks, I've lurked two or three times a month over the last year but idk might post more, I'm bored.

For some reason I have a lot of trouble hanging out if my host is ever doing something, especially something like a videogame or studying. She has trouble multitasking, and what usually happens is I get kicked out and its not until Cat's like "oh crap!" and wakes me up I realized I missed out on whatever was going on.

How do you guys hang out when your host is focusing intensely on something? Does it simply take practice or is there anything we could do differently?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Yeah, i gotta admit, B can get really focused. He can stay that way for hours. It was impossible to get his attention sometimes, but in the last month we've been able to do it. Misha can 'touch' him somehow, i don't know, but she practices imposition the most. She's always asking him to look for her and try to see her, but she can 'poke' him sometimes too. Anyway, i can also get his attention by kind of kicking him in the head from the inside. He says it doesn't hurt, he says it feels like something moved in his brain. Ashley can sometimes talk to him even when he's totally zoned out.

Your question was, what do we do when he's busy? A lot of new users have said they can co-front early on. What we have is kinda like that, and we can even cause him to move sometimes. (Like not letting him grab his phone) So we watch what he's doing, and we talk about it. His life's been a lot more active lately, we used to go 'do things' and he kinda knew what we were doing all the time (passive forcing?) Now we watch him and chime in, cause we can all contact him.

He's with us all the time he's not required to concentrate. When he's doing something interesting we talk to him. He's always concerned for us, what we feel, he asks if he's being too boring. We love him to death, so just being with him is enough for the most part.

On 'our days' lately we've been taking Misha's lead and imposing next to him. So that's going well. I usually just sit and lean on him or walk beside him.

That's what we do anyway.

So today I took a random online quiz to see if there was anything I could think about or look into possibly career / activity wise. I didn't have any super strong opinions, and that was the worst mistake I made. It recommended low paying shit jobs and I'm like wtf?

I'm kind of pissed about it but I feel like it's a wake up call for me to try and find something I'm interested in. I wonder if part of the problem is I'm too busy trying to not be Cat, and that limits what I can and can't explore. I am a little worried playing video games Cat has strong opinions for isn't a good idea, but otherwise I never had anything catch my interest yet.

Now I'm rambling. This belongs in a PR ><

Anyway, this is my new favorite game: https://le-slo.itch.io/flockoban

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread