Chat Thread

Switching is especially better documented because every time someone tried to explain it, it's not automatically denied and shut down. Do you see my point why your statement seems a little rude?

[Joy] the off-putting tone of your statement exemplifies and reinforces the issue in my mind.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fair to say parallel processing sounds like switching in terms of unexplainable-ness, but.. well, it's not. Switching retains a hint of vagueness in the best of explanations, but it's still infinitely better documented than parallel processing in my experience. People say they experience parallel processing, people say they experience switching. People... write guides and offer explanations and tons of advice on switching, while people say "Just believe it's possible" for parallel processing, again in my experience. I actually don't read many guides so if there's been explanations there I've not seen them, but given that thread about maybe allowing the concept to be in guides in the first place, I don't imagine I've missed too much?

Well now I'm super confuzzled

[hidden]W3gNCYS.png[/hidden]

I live in a castle and have two tulpas, Kanade-chan and Uncannyfellow

I don't know... either more switchers outnumber PPers or more people are able to replicate switching than PP, which I'm thinking more along the lines of the latter.

Unlike PP, I think switching is more easily replicated. A lot of systems claim to switch and have worked to achieve switching, only a smaller number of systems who were not noobs have claimed they have PP. I think I'm just a weird case for switching since it seems like a lot of systems just get switching after a little while.

I tried some PP stuff with Cat, and using Abveion's guide, I couldn't get past the first exercise. I tried to opening and closing a door while Cat played with a toy or something stupid like that and we couldn't do it simultaneously. Unless PP training is like imposition training (which would be an amazing  and reasonable excuse for why it's hard), there's not much else convincing me it's a real thing.

Aside from Abveion's guide, I don't know of any other PP guides. There are more switching guides, and lots more debate and discussion on switching.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

We have one in the works but, I'm very sorry to say, it centers around expectations. And I fear it being ripped to shreds. -G

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

I assume training PP would be a slow process, needing months of regular practice for folks who don't take to it naturally. I've heard from a few people who had improvements after doing counting exercises. for example, one mentioned counting while his host played video games. I'm reminded of Ember, Vesper, and Iris's problem of three (keeping all three headmates active at once) which improved over time and not in the first attempt.

Host: YukariTelepath

Tulpas: Aya, Ruki

Imposition log

Switching is especially better documented because every time someone tried to explain it, it's not automatically denied and shut down.

I mean, you're implying there's some inherent bias or conspiracy about why Switching would be acceptable to talk about and not Parallel Processing. The way I see it, parallel processing discussion never went anywhere in early days of Tulpa.info and nobody had any viable explanations or could learn to do it, whereas that obviously wasn't the case with switching. Imposition falls on the same scale just a little bit further down than switching, it's not like everyone can always do any of these things, but discussion of parallel processing (outside of the Research section which was fine) never ended up being very productive.

And if I'm being honest, up until your system/the last year or so, I've never seen anyone convincingly insist parallel processing was a normal thing that could be done by normal people (ie not anomalies), though the convincingness mostly came from being an established member who's shared a lot of their experiences

On this forum, you can literally make a thread in General Discussion/Research about telepathy if you're willing to tackle it scientifically and really put it to the test, whereas the Metaphysics board is for presupposing these things are possible without real evidence. Parallel processing is far more likely to be real and possible than telepathy comparatively, so nothing is stopping you from making a case for it.

Anyways, you can choose to read what I said as aggressive or whatever, but it wasn't meant that way. It was literally an "Oh yeah? What about X Y Z?" thing, with the implication of a logical argument against but also leaving a possibility to reply "Yeah, X Y Z". I'd lean more towards it having been "playful" than "combative", but only lean towards, my intent was more "challenging"

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

It's challenging at the very least, and so was your verbiage. Obviously we weren't here in 2015-2016, and I honestly believe it's a frustrating matter that it doesn't seem to click for others as switching does. Still it feels very similar to us.

Maybe it does perhapse require extensive practice, such as writing a dozen novels, totaling over two million words, strung together in dyamic fictional worlds, with dozens of characters, doing dozens of things simultaneously for about five years straight and editing said books for another three. So anyone who does that should be able to simultaneously allow a handful of headmates doing a handful of things with seemingly trivial effort. Yeah, it's probably not just belief based given the evidence.

The issue, again, is that these sometimes frustrated people deny it without a second thought, present company included.

Once we get switching down and a better grip on imposition, I would like to play with PP again. I think it would be helpful having a lounge thread or something where I document trying PP techniques over time and see if I get anywhere.

I need to re-energize the study I was trying to do on the parallel processing test. I promised to only publish 18+ data so only 13 out of 21 responses are viable for publishing, and roughly a quarter of that is singlets. I didn't want to shut the doors on the experiment part just yet because 1 system did the entire experiment, and I want a few more responses before asking for more. I need to figure out finding video editing software so I can give Within a version of the Parallel Processing tool they can use for the experiment or for anyone else who can't run flash. Hopefully I can get that sorted out now that I'm essentially done with school until Cat's final later this week.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

It would be really cool if there was a thread dedicated to parallel processing attempts.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.