Chat Thread

On this forum, you can literally make a thread in General Discussion/Research about telepathy if you're willing to tackle it scientifically and really put it to the test, whereas the Metaphysics board is for presupposing these things are possible without real evidence. 

No one cant do that here. I've mentioned metaphysical things I've experienced at times and got told off for it by mods for not posting in the metaphysical area.

"Thread title: "This is impossible but we're trying anyway."

That should get results."

no, I think that heading would be bad as I think if one believes something is not possible they are less likely to have success. No different to if something didn't believe making a tulpa was possible, their own thought would hinder the creation process.

but a thread just for parallel processing would be great but that there is another issue.. some define it differently than I do. I'm not interested in who can have two tulpas doing different things at once but rather on the host parallel processing with a tulpa.

Is it parallel processing if a tulpa is listening to music and I can clearly hear what he's listening too (music he created in my head).. while I'm actively doing different things?? (cause I have expereinced that).

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, I think that heading would be bad as I think if one believes something is not possible they are less likely to have success. No different to if something didn't believe making a tulpa was possible, their own thought would hinder the creation process.

Ashley was just being snarky. You caught her point exactly though.

There is a parallel processing thread or two, but the definition used in this community has the connotation of being impossible by default, so arguing that entails something like taking a skeptic and training them to do it. As you can imagine... no thank you.

I like the idea of a parallel processing thread, where people can talk about experiences, theories, methods, progress. Would the Lounge be good for that, to keep things kind of casual and club-like? Other maybe General discussion like the Switching General thread?

Host: YukariTelepath

Tulpas: Aya, Ruki

Imposition log

General discussion is where the other one I know of is. It got pretty heated last time, but some of that fault belongs to my system. I think we can do better this time.

*fingers crossed*

No one cant do that here. I've mentioned metaphysical things I've experienced at times and got told off for it by mods for not posting in the metaphysical area.

What you post is generally exactly what should be in the Metaphysics board - total assumptions that stuff generally considered meta is real and that others should believe it. What I was talking about is specifically trying to prove/decide whether something is actually real or not through research and discussion. It's rarely been done, but it's been done. To be fair, it's usually just people on the non-Meta-minded side of things that would post the threads in question - no one I know that's meta-minded is interested in having their beliefs debunked.

Anyways, if you guys don't like the "impossible" definition, then define your definition when talking about it. Personally I've just been saying "Parallel processing" and "True parallel processing", the latter referring to two or more instances of the exact same activity going on OR two completely uninterrupted streams of what should require conscious attention for an extended period of time. I still think the host doing something IRL while probably paying minor attention or on-and-off attention to wonderland activities is more akin to multitasking, but I'm not going to be upset if people refer to it as parallel processing for its perceived effect of course.

Putting the thread in Lounge is a bad idea all around, if you want to be taken seriously. We've already established people are allowed to believe their own experiences, so there's no reason to halfheartedly say you experience it in the Lounge, IMO (in a dedicated thread that is)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

...no one I know that's meta-minded is interested in having their beliefs debunked.

We love you uncle Lumi, but do you even feel the attitude when it comes out?

[Joy] why would they indeed, especially knowing the outcome a priori.

What, that part's what you're going to call out? If meta-minded individuals were interested in being told every step of the discussion what they believe has no evidence backing it, we wouldn't need a meta board. The whole point of that board is for people not to be hounded about those things, so they can discuss as they want in peace, and it works out great. You can bring "meta" subjects to the normal boards (Research and General Discussion), but from there it's all science (more or less, Tulpa.info's brand of science) and the average meta-minded individual is going to find the discussion extremely bogged down and unproductive.

You may not like how it sounds, but that was the entire point of the Metaphysics board - a place where people wouldn't have to worry about "You can't prove that/There's no evidence for this/How do you really know that?" every time they said anything. I guess it might've sounded like I meant people with those beliefs don't like discussing things logically, but I only meant it as not having their beliefs hounded on the meta- subjects, not to judge their entire character lol

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I think it's fair to say that your life decisions in general are limited by your behaviors, but I wouldn't go as far and say you don't have free will. Genes and instincts such as the drive to reproduce and survive can be overriden, and people can reject the teachings of their community. Interestingly, I believe some people have less free will than others, simply if their environment is more oppressive and restricting. It would be hard to argue people stuck living in a totalitarian state have the same free will Americans do.

Perhaps animals have less free will simply because there's little point. If a zebra chooses to resist its instinct to follow the crowd, there's a good chance that zebra will get eaten. However, having some free will is pretty important from an evolutionary perspective, because predefined rules and algorithms are not enough to adapt unless they can change.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account