Chat Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else like to drive around in GTA just to listen to the radio? Got some favorites for Jaina and I, like:

ย 

Darron: Host ๐Ÿ’ย 

Jaina: Tulpa ๐Ÿ’ย 

(Raccoon Queen ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ‘ธ)

๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘งโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆDainย andย Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: ๐Ÿบ

[DeviantArt]

There was something I had in college that a friend made me, I think it was calledย Coikra, but I can't find it in Google.ย  It was a Russian thing, she was a Russian national. It had fermentedย plums, onions, some kindย of caper like thing plus who knows what else in terms of spices and liquids,ย it had a lot of sugar in it but it also had salt which made it kinda not sweet? Itย was served at room temperature or after it was simmered and then cooled to body temperature which is actually worse.ย You could eat it like soup but also drink it becauseย it was semi-gelatinous. OH! it had meat in it too, but more like just the fatty parts of the meat.ย She told me that if I could eat a whole bowl and not throw up than I was a real man. (Little did she know I was a Bear, and Bears eat garbage.) It smelled like vomit, it looked like vomit, it tasted like vomit and I was able to keep it down (barely), it also got meย buzzed and I was very serene afterwards.

ย 

I'd like to know what the heck that was? She ate it too, and she said you acquireย a taste for it. She wasn't trying to kill me, she was a good friend. She moved to Canada after school because she couldn't get a guaranteedย work visa. in the US, but she could become a Canadian citizen. We lost touch.

ย 

She also ate curdled milk and said it was very popular in Russia.

ย 

I wonder if Salt water made her burn? Noย actually because she learned to surf one summer and when she left I bought her surf board out of kindness. I still have it, never used it cause it's too small. Hmm... Coikra, Koykra, Kockra, Conkra I DON'T SPEAK RUSSIAN!ย 

ย 

I had it only once and I wanted to make a virgin tamer sweet version that didn't taste like or smell like vomit. I've liked onion soup ever since.

Edited by BearBeaBeau

Mystery solved.ย 

ย 

ะžะบั€ะพัˆะบะฐ

ย 

(Okroshka) not Coikra. Goes to show you how badly I mangled her pronunciation.

ย 

It has Kvass in it and pickled plums.

ย 

She obviously had a varient on the recipe, no two are alike.

ย 

Leave it to the Russians to put alcohol in soup, lol.ย 

ย 

Though it was a minute amount as kvass is like 1-2% and it was diluted.

ย 

Man it tasted funky though, like the first time you ever have runny egg yolk. I like runny or even raw egg yolk now, but not the first time.

Edited by BearBeaBeau

The US is a complete mess. Corporations are abusing the heck out of us as well as the rest of the world in the pursuit of profit. Privatized for-profit prisons as slave labor, the two-party political system is a farce, did I mentionย the corporations are abusing usย (look at the bottom right of this nice graph below), and oh yeah,ย the CIA is a terrorist organization. I have every intention of leaving the country if I can ever afford to do so.

ย 

Lsjqky2.png

ย 

But Trump is still a walking, talking disaster. I cannotย believeย the things he says on Twitter. I will never get over "Biden calls young black youths 'Super Predators'". I just.. I can't believe that he was president for four whole years and people still support him. The cognitive dissonance is through the roof

ย 

The media was definitely laying it on thick with how hard they were blaming Trump for the storming the Capitol protest - and it's kind of warranted because it was thoroughly his fault and intent - but I don't like the media any more than I like Trump. Oh yeah, that's another huge problem with the US, literal brainwashing through the media. Comparing three different mainstream news channels' covering of the same topic is straight up astounding with how each one warps reality to their own agenda. They, and especially so those who obviously only watch that one news source, live in completely different realities from each other. Really helping maintain the political deadlock of "My side good! Your side bad!" to promote that corporate duopoly.

ย 

But anyways, it probably won't help anything to worry about all that too much. Be a good person and make a difference where and when you can without straining yourself over it. No one person is going to right any of the major wrongs in the world, but plenty of individual people are going to make huge positive differences in others' lives on a smaller, more relevant scale.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• 2 weeks later...