Chat Thread

Oh wow, happy 12th! It's been a year since Bear started trying to retrain me. I will probably count July sometime as my official (re)birthday.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

Yw!

We're having a blast relearning DnD. Bear never even heard of 5e before last week. He played 1e if you can believe it, he had the three books handed down from his older brother. 

We're seriously considering a separate run for just in-system. There's so many possibilities! 

Edited by Autumn Ren

That sounds great!

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

On 3/12/2024 at 9:48 AM, Autumn Ren said:

Yw!

We're having a blast relearning DnD. Bear never even heard of 5e before last week. He played 1e if you can believe it, he had the three books handed down from his older brother. 

We're seriously considering a separate run for just in-system. There's so many possibilities! 

That's interesting, do you do in-system DnD sessions often? We've never done something like that really, in-system things don't work too well for us cause I still know most things he knows. Also I've never played DnD in general but that's another story (:

6 hours ago, Aurora said:

That's interesting, do you do in-system DnD sessions often? We've never done something like that really, in-system things don't work too well for us cause I still know most things he knows. Also I've never played DnD in general but that's another story (:

No, they just played around years ago but now that we're in a play-by-post and having a blast, we figured we could do a parallel in-system run with just ourselves.

DnD is surprisingly addictive and there are pre-made campaign books that make being DM and players in the same system easier.

RP is RP otherwise, but the game aspect and danger of your character dying makes it fun.

5e is more user friendly they say, but it's still a huge learning curve. Over play-by-post there's lots of time to think and look stuff up.