Chat Thread

Absolutely yes. I spent a total of 30 seconds in a VR helmet in a store, and when I took it off, it was like the feeling you get when putting on a new prescription of glasses, only 10 times stronger. Faded away within a half hour, keep in mind I'm a stupidly dissociative person. Just felt like my brain got mixed up about what reality was.

Y'know, it might actually be useful for people who have never dissociated strongly, and don't know what the state is supposed to feel like. Then again, VR might not trigger dissociation in those people...

Very interesting, And it's good to see you! -Jamie

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

took years but we finally got to play VR at a friend's house, played an hour or so of Beat Saber (yes, it still feels like VR) and were totally unaffected (no woozy, no dissociation, etc.)

but then, dissociating us from reality is all but impossible at this point in our life, it's sorta N/A

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written

Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I've never tried VR, but when my brother used it he said that after he felt odd and disoriented (he didn't say dissasociated, but that might have been because it's not a word that is often on his mind). He said that it was specifically weird because the hight of his avatar was different from his hight

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Well, we are going to continue playing, it's not a feeling I want to ground to get rid of, it's one I think I actually want to increase. If it becomes a helpful tool to improve disassociation for me, then great! As long as it's not both of us at the same time anyway because that seems pointless. I'm still sitting at work, kinda feeling a little bit disconnected. Really looking forward to getting home tonight and adding a couple more hours to it. Bed will follow so I dunno what I'm expecting, if anything, but I will find out.

I never tried VR stuff. The equipment is expensive and I'm perfectly happy playing free mobile games and whatever in the Nintendo Switch.

I don't know if VR would help me dissociate completely. At this point, I'm wondering if I will have better luck trying to figure out WILD to help me learn how to dissociate for a switch.

Hi Lance, it's nice to see you.

I actually use this as a form now, but it's not my main one. I'm still not a hippo, neither is Ranger.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). He loves to chat.

Our system account

Whoops, attack of the broken color code lol.

Cat's pink text attacking Bear's text wall was possibly the funniest and most frustrating situations I can imagine, but it's waaaay worse when you throw in list formatting.

I'm Ranger, Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's tulpa, and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff.

My other headmates have their own account now.

Temporary Log | Switching LogcBox | Yay! | Bre Translator

Next day, more VR.. Efforts being frustrated with how picky this is all being to setup. Turned out it's just a matter of learning a new kind of gaming environment along with it's own little caveats. Enough is plug and play to get started but the rest is learning how to manipulate models and bone structures in unity and such. The more you learn, the more control you have over it and the more full and rewarding the experience can be, imo. Kind of like buying a fast car vs taking a modest one and upgrading it yourself to be fast or even building one from scratch. All can provide different levels of satisfaction, depending on what you like and how far you are willing to go.

Either way, it's a huge time sink. At least 3/4 of my time has been spent setting things up or learning what I needed to do or trying to tweak and adjust mods just right. The rest was actually playing beat saber. Which is fun and Rei and I take turns on it. We found avatars we like and just go go. Good exercise, good music and good fun.

More to the point, I'm noticing the same disassociation today as I did yesterday. Just kind of drifting back and watching the fingers type away like they aren't really mine. I can still fell them but just barely. I said before that when I'm typing I often go almost into a trance, with thought just going strait to fingertips, bypassing any filters or consideration. This feels like that except when the hands are typing, it isn't "me watching and mostly feeling my hands type", like it used to be. It's a feeling of "me watching and barely feeling someone else's hands type". It's hard for me to explain more than that, but I assume any of you who have switched or gotten close to it have had comparable experiences?

Rei says she isn't really experience these things I am, which is quite different for us and why I'm the one here describing it. We are used to experiencing everything through the body and brain identically and simultaneously, not counting our own independent thoughts. This is a new and strange idea for both of us. She doesn't seem to be effected by VR; puts the headset on, plays with it and takes it off, feeling no different afterwords, while it almost makes me feel like it's loosening the tight grip of association I have on the body.

I want to see how deep this rabbit hole goes.

the more people talk about dissociation the less we're wanting to associate the word with switching in the first place... the brain itself shouldn't experience dissociation in switching because a tulpa should be there to be associated just fine, the host should only maybe feel "dissociation" to reality in like full-body possession

a tulpa being less prone to dissociation than their host does make some sense, though, 'cus I mean.. we gotta learn to associate from the start, whereas for a host it's normal (and so being thrown out of it could be new to them)

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written

Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas